Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

struggles/ pains of skiing/ ski equipment

Poster: A snowHead
Hi i'm Roisin,

i'm a 3rd year design student at Bangor university.
for my 3rd year project i want to do something ski related as i've been skiing since i was 4 and am obsessed with the sport. so if you can think of anything that's a pain whilst skiing or equipment that could use a re-design please answer this message and let me know!

thanks, Roisin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Drag lift "buttons" or "Ts" that are more comfy for boarders.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the quick reply! winds of change Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boots.........how do you make something that fits like a silk slipper, but gives you enough power and control......

Normal ski's that can deal with crud
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FrediKanoute i think the same thing every year i'm trying to contour my foot to get it in the small space! i'll add it to my list to do research on.
thank you!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Something attached to or part of your gloves that wipes your nose then replenishes your sun creme. All without interfering with the grip on your poles.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A COVID effective face mask that doesn't cause claustrophobia/foggy goggles etc. That might sell millions
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
windscreen wipers for goggles
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Image enhancing goggles for flat light (or skiing home from the pub in the dark.....).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Roisin Hunt, you are going to get some random responses. Thus has been asked a lot on here. Try searching "survey' or 'student '
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowboarding related, but I would love to be able to get new snowboards with the same top sheet as the old one, so N+1 wouldn't be noticed by the other half
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Roisin Hunt, you are going to get some random responses. Thus has been asked a lot on here. Try searching "survey' or 'student '

Still waiting for the queue jumper laser, the personal jet pack and the Robo St Bernard. Students today never follow through rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Always wondered why ski poles don't just clip together nicely. I've wondered this both while fighting my own poles...and why trying to avoid taking a pole tip in the pumbs from the person walking in front of me (while also trying to avoid the ski tip in the face).

Or an easy way to tell which ski to grab when they are clipped together. I don't know why I find that so difficult, study them...and still grab the wrong one rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
why do they make the leavers on boots so short, they have the shell to wrap round so make them longer.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jonny996, a sensible point
snow report
The boot levers thing has already been solved. Head used to have an extra leverage extension on the cuff clips
snow report
Ski pole selfie attachment for your camera.

@Ski lots, made this many years ago.... Laughing

ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, didn't know that....and i have an extension doodah
ski holidays
@Bigtipper, interesting. Maybe @RoisinHunt, could take your idea, refine and run with it. That’s what noses need.
snow conditions
One more engineering design required from my experience. Lugging a pair of heavy skis up a mountain on your back is both hard work and unstable. Attaching the skis to your back and having some way of a mini support trailer for the tail end might help. Something like a dyson roller ball which could cross both large rocks (bounce off them) and snow/ice as well as all terrain. Some people use skins and special bindings and boots, but these are just not useable when there is no snow/lots of rocks/difficult terrain.

It has to be small, lightweight, maybe a mini yoga ball which you can blow up which attaches to the end of the skis with a strap.

Carriers which require you to bear all the weight yourself can be heavy, especially if you carry your boots in a bag as well.
latest report
@Bigtipper, I thought I had seen something as you describe. I cant find it now but there is this.

https://allsharktankproducts.com/shark-tank-products-sports/ski-z-rolling-ski-carrier/
ski holidays
end seats on lifts redesigned to be side on for boarders, so we can also sit comfortably like skiers... or some sort of support for the back of the board while on a lift.
ski holidays
@ster, that would work on level ground. There is not enough clearance for climbing up rocky steps (wheels need to be bigger) and it would go off in the wrong direction rather than being dragged behind you. Likely to damage skis, except on level ground like pavements.

I can make that myself from what I have in the attic.
latest report
@Bigtipper, sounds like a gap in the market for you then unless @Roisin Hunt gets in there first.
latest report
Anything that would help minimise the "Faffing Factor".

Examples of areas that could be improved:

- Boots: (Putting on/Taking Off/Tightening/Loosening/Getting snow off the sole
- Pockets: Endless searching for stuff, as you can't remember what you've put where/Security - checking zips pulled shut.
- Gloves: Especially those that go under the cuff
- Skis: Remembering where you put them/Get them without causing a ski avalanche
snow report
If you look at the last few decades of skiing and list the things which you'd think in hindsight were "ideas", such as the one which is being sought here, what would that list look like?
ski holidays
philwig wrote:
If you look at the last few decades of skiing and list the things which you'd think in hindsight were "ideas", such as the one which is being sought here, what would that list look like?

Snowboards
Sidecut
Width in skis
Twin tips
Rocker
Flexible plastics in boots
AT bindings that weren't shite
Micropuffies
NTN
Airbags
Ski thru Starbucks
DJ Otzi
snow conditions
I can guess the rest that aren't obvious to me, but...
Quote:

Micropuffies

Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@HutToHut, down jacket that packs diwn really small into a stuff sack
snow conditions
Ah, OK thank you.
snow conditions

Ways to carry skis safely on a bike or motorbike.
ski holidays
Bigtipper wrote:
.......Ways to carry skis safely on a bike or motorbike.

'A frame' carry on your backpack.
snow report
@spyderjon, I did say safely! What happens when you fall off your motorbike with an a frame on your backpack?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy