Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Télépéage doofer - lack of use charge

Poster: A snowHead
We've just been hit by a 10€ charge as we haven't used our doofer for a year...mainly due cancelled ski trips Sad It's in the T& C's although we didn't spot it (who reads them?) Thought it worth a heads up for others who may find the same coming their way.....I've sent a begging email asking to be let of due to the travel bans but I suspect that will fall on deaf ears!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Given the 3 month Covid lockdown it is a scam
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@homphomp, Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Which company?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With APRR - AREA we only pay on months when its used.
It works in Italy too, and similarly we only get billed the €2.40 Italian surcharge for months when it beeps through an Italian tollbooth.
No use = no fee.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@adithorp, bip&go from SANEF

@WindOfChange, Indeed.....so we thought too! But buried in the t&c's is this fee that kicks in if you don't use it for 12 months. Worth checking your own companies small print.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At the end of the day the vast majority of their customers are french. It's pretty unusual it would be the case for them. Living here I used mine in December then not again until March. With confinement it remained unused until June.

Not unreasonable I think, remember this is a country where you pay a monthly fee for a crap bank account, a welcome fee for utilities, etc, etc.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Claude B, @homphomp is also living in France.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah ok but I guess the comments still apply.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Claude B, we only use it for long trips for holidays......even in confinement, if we'd known, we could have hopped on the autoroute for one junction which would have been much cheaper than the fee!

I'm not saying the fee is unreasonable, but it is heavily marketed as no charge if you don't use it so it was something of a surprise. Hence posting here as lots of people have then for their annual holidays and may be similarly caught out.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@homphomp, yes I think it's UK residents who only use it once or twice a year for ski/summer trips who are more likely to get caught. I lost the will to live searching for aprrs ts and cs.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Claude B, Had a quick hunt APRR is still 10€ but they don't charge until 24months of non use...much fairer in my opinion. I feel a change of supplier coming on....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Doesn't Sanef one have an annual fee anyway? My APRR one doesn't have that Is this charge in addition to that?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Worth bearing in mind for anyone who thinks they may be in the same situation in the future - the SANEF liber-t Tag is transferable, so you can lend it to anyone (trustworthy). In the last 12 months I've lent ours to my brother, sister-in-law and a friend. They cover the €5 month charge, unless it's a month when we've also used it (or we've hit the €10 upper limit on month charges).

I've just read the Emovis liber-T Ts&Cs and I can't see any reference to any €10 charge for non-use in 12 months, just a €6 Annual Management Fee. But the Via-t Ts&Cs do carry an 'annual charge' of €10 (10.3.1).. But it's turgid stuff and I could easily have missed it.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 14-07-20 21:21; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Surely you can lend any tag to anyone. I've used mine in hire cars and in my girlfriend's car. Obviously it still bills to my card so the trust thing is important.
snow conditions
@adithorp, no annual fees....ours is on the monthly fee if you use it style of contract.

@LaForet, the charges seem to be different depending which company you are signed up with. Good idea to lend it to someone to use if you are likely to be charged and unable to use it yourself.
snow report
Best not to go to France with ridiculously high tolls.
snow report
@countryman, or don't use the motorways. We had a lovely drive back from the south of France just meandering along
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, it's fabulous if you have the time. We did it on a drive south last summer.
snow report
It's amazing the way the French just don't use their roads. I drive to Le Mans each year for the 24hrs and while it is clearly quicker to sit with a fixed stare and drool running down your chin as your brain slowly dies on the Autoroute at 130kph it's just so much more interesting to take that little more time and driving cross country*. Even the drop from 90kph to 80kph last year didn't make a huge impact on the total journey time.

\* Once you've blitzed the Pas de Calais on the Autoroute obviously. Just something so dull about that Pas for some reason.
ski holidays
@Mjit, I agree that the A28 down to Le Mans is particularly tedious but if you really want to lose the will to live take the normal roads that follow it. There must be hundreds of roundabouts (at least it feels like that) and it seems to take forever. Only done it once that way. Never again.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy