Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OnTheSnow shuts down on 13th July

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It was a good source of resort information and snow reports. Sadly no more.

https://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/637450/mountain-news-corporation-and-our-onthesnow-and-skiinfo-websites-will-stop-operating-on-july-13-2020
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Oleski, shame to see that site’s closing down.

I wonder if other sites have a similar range of information available all on one site?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bummer.
https://www.inthesnow.com/ can be good as well as https://planetski.eu/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oleski wrote:

Really? Never visited.

I guess I never saw it recommended here or pugski. That’s why I’ve never looked. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For resort information I tend to use www.skiresort.de or www.skiresort.info
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I visited it for the first time today. It will not be missed since it only concentrated on the USA skiing and used US units exclusively. I cannot be bothered with a calculater to change F to C.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@johnE, because you are looking at the US site, on the UK one for European resorts all info was in metric e.g. see https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/northern-alps/val-thorens/ski-resort.html

+ lots of first hand reviews/reports
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah! Just following the link above
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sad news.

Great website.

Looks like advertising revenue dried up, due to the plague.

Worth noting, you can still access ~20 years of historical pages from their website, from 2000 to 2020, via Wayback.

Some excellent resort info.

https://web.archive.org/web/20000801000000*/onthesnow.com
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Vail.
A repeat of the demise of Epicski.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A real shame; their resort snow reports were a treasure trove of info!

Does anyone have any idea where else that data can be obtained? Surely they weren't looking it all up manually!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sbooker wrote:
Thanks Vail.
A repeat of the demise of Epicski.

A little history.
When EpicSki was purchased by Vail Resorts, they put Epic under the umbrella of Mountain News Corporation, which ran all of their media including On The Snow US and Europe, EpicSki, Ski gear guides and a few other resources.

I spent some time at the Mother Ship, trying to sort out budgets and it was clear that Vail put the squeeze on their media group every year.
It was also clear that they had no idea what EpicSki was other than a url that they wanted to own.

With these media outlets sinking in the current world...I'm not surprised. I'm sad, but not surprised.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy