Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow dome reopening and closing again (& dry slopes)

Poster: A snowHead
According to Planet Ski, English ones should be able to open as from end of July. Hemel seem to be gearing up at least; no further details yet.
How safe or otherwise do folks think it'll be? I'm quite keen to get going again for at least a few coaching sessions, if they're still available (CFe most likely, perhaps Braehead if they open) or take the board for a play. Can likely as not avoid changing rooms, lockers, food/drink etc, and will be wearing gloves, but there's still a closed air situation, people possibly breathing heavily, and apparently the buggy loves cold...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 1-11-20 18:46; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like MK is open in August. Probably book a session at some point!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have got ill several times from skiing in snowdomes in the past, not planning on going to one anytime soon.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are the leisure centre equivalent of a meat processing plant. No way I'd be heading to one in the foreseeable future. Skullie
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The CFe has said they plan to open in August; exact date yet to be confirmed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
From Hemel today; they plan limited opening starting 31st July. One way system; arrive already dressed to ski; pre-book only; limited time slots; sanitizer stations; contactless check in; spaced out more on the drags. Etc etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@TheGingerPrince, my thoughts entirely
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spaced out on the lifts? Eh?! Surely it's just the queue that needs spacing? The lifts are already more than 2m apart... rolling eyes

Having said that, I can't see how there is space at the foot of the snowdomes to spread any queue out... Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@thegingerprince totally agree. Won't be near one. Dry slope it will be
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The dry slopes are gradually opening.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hemel:
https://www.thesnowcentre.com/steps-to-the-snow
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Most important thing in a snowdome, by far, is to wear a tight mask.

Wear gloves.

Never touch face.

Lots of puffing and panting and spit flying everywhere in the air and on lifts.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bought my first pair of my own skis in February in anticipation of a trip to the Dolomites that was obviously cancelled. So I was on the HH Snow Centre's booking site at 1000 this morning (and found myself 98th in the queue). Imagine there is similar pent-up demand. Will change in car park, etc., and will report back. For Science.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:

Wear gloves.

Thanks for the genius advice, here I was going to go bare handed in -4C when skiing rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dyrlac, same here, grabed my first snowboard in the sales, busting to try it. Heading to snow dome in Aug... might wear goggles too... overkill?!!
ski holidays
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
The dry slopes are gradually opening.

Although sadly, according to Planetski, Bracknell dry slope is planning to close permanently.
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

Wear gloves.

Thanks for the genius advice, here I was going to go bare handed in -4C when skiing rolling eyes
Laughing Laughing

One good thing about Hemel reopening and limiting the numbers will be a shortened wait to get on the lift.
ski holidays
@Grizzler, unfortunately, the slope and ice rink at Bracknell are closing. There is a GoFundMe page to keep the ice rink and slope operating but it’s a long shot https://gf.me/u/yggvy3

Southampton and Aldershot still not open and no dates announced as yet. Snowtrax in Christchurch is open.
ski holidays
Following its delayed re-opening the Hemel snow centre has announced that they are re-opening this Friday 7th August and they are taking bookings now. https://www.thesnowcentre.com/

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 4-08-20 15:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Following its delayed re-opening the Hemel snow centre has announced that they are re-opening this Friday 7th March and they are taking bookings now. https://www.thesnowcentre.com/

Hope that isn’t a freudian slip!
ski holidays
Not sure if posted elsewhere but ......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8587751/Alternative-therapist-62-sues-indoor-ski-slope-200-000.html
snow report
@NickyJ, more like a senior moment Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Quote:

As she got off the lift at the top and attempted a parallel turn, her ski clipped a bank of piled up snow, she said, toppling her into a dip and leaving her with a complex fracture of her leg below the knee.

Lol, if every punter starts suing after hitting a bump and falling over, ski industry is deep trouble
ski holidays
ansta1 wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8587751/Alternative-therapist-62-sues-indoor-ski-slope-200-000.html

Hmm - how did I guess she was a fruitcake before even reading about the detail of her claim? Laughing
ski holidays
Sandown is open. My daughter teaches there. https://sandownsports.co.uk/club/coronavirus/
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, from the title? "Alternative therapist". I first thought she was suing them for disturbing her aura or some such nonsense
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
ansta1 wrote:

Hmm - how did I guess she was a fruitcake before even reading about the detail of her claim? Laughing

I wonder what made you think that.......

What's next, the snow was so slippy It was criminal, my chakras are now so out of line it will take years of reiki to resolve.
snow report
'She said the slope was so busy at the time in in January 2016 that an accident was 'reasonably foreseeable' and more should have been done to protect her.'

Sounds like she accepted the risk then Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
ansta1 wrote:

God, she'd really moan if she go onto a nice icy run like Cournegioulle at La Plagne
ski holidays
MorningGory wrote:
'She said the slope was so busy at the time in in January 2016 that an accident was 'reasonably foreseeable' and more should have been done to protect her.'

They gave me a loaded gun and told me to put it to my head and pull the trigger, they should have done more to stop me shooting myself. Shame on them.
ski holidays
MorningGory wrote:

I can sort of understand the basis for a claim if someone out of control had hit her or forced her into some hardware or somesuch but it appears she is sueing for being a shitty skier and not being able to cope with a mound of snow and then falling over. If only it were possible for people in tune with the natural rhythms and auras of things to sense that people might fall over when learning to ski.....
snow report
The report says after she fell and broke her leg she had metal plates inserted in her leg at the hospital. If she was a good alternative therapist she could have just used the healing vibrations from a crystal held over the broken leg...... Toofy Grin
snow report
Time for the timeless Mitchell and Webb "Homeopathic A&E" sketch:
http://youtube.com/v/HMGIbOGu8q0

"What kind of car hit him?"
"A blue Ford Mondeo"
"Get a bit of blue Mondeo, put it in some water, shake it up, dilute it, shake it up again, and put three drops on his tongue... if that doesn't cure him, nothing will"
latest report
I spoke to a person early in the crisis who when I asked what her business was said defensively "I'm a homeopath, now some people don't believe in it but it's good enough for Prince Charles" as if that were some kind of ringing endorsement (and neglecting to mention that he had the finest surgeons in the country at his immediate disposal when the healing power of diluted water failed to deliver). She was obviously a bit crestfallen at the realisation that her life's work wasn't viewed as an essential service and that she couldn't carry on scamming the worried well with positive percussion to ward off the evil virus.
snow report
Homeopathy: nothing works better.

It's always difficult to get much from a press report of a legal case, but as reported that one sounds unlikely.
I can't really understand where the negligence would be coming from. Plus the size of the claim appears astronomical for something like that.
latest report
Apparently the Snowdome lawyers are quoting Rule 5. Case closed. Toofy Grin Twisted Evil
snow report
My oh my the victim of Snozone's callous actions seems to be way out there on every index you can think of - Brexit, COVID conspiracy, anti BLM, anti immigrant, Katie Hopkins fan, Trumpist.....

https://twitter.com/BatesTheresa

Essex innit?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 5-08-20 11:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:

Homeopathy: nothing works better.

How true
ski holidays
The oddest bit is that "she attempted a parallel turn at the top of the lift".

I've not been to this fridge, but this seems a rather odd thing to do at the top of a lift.
latest report
@PrimroseAndBlue, You have to turn at the top of the lift in all of the indoor snow slopes, you will hit the wall if you don't.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy