Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dendix bum

Poster: A snowHead
bit of a cry for help. I have to ski tonight on dendix - and still have a grapefruit size black & purple bruise on my leg/bum - you know the bit. has anybody any padding advice?? would be very grateful, am worrying about this. I have to go, as my friend who has lost her confidence is really enjoying the lessons (jumps & synchronised stuff) & I want to provide moral support. have thought about bubble wrap. Although I haven't injured myself before on many years of snow - this stuff is different & I am worrying myself into another fall. rebecca
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rpft@rpft.co.uk, Best suggestion I can make is to wear an extra pair of tracksuit bottoms or tape a lint pad over bruise.
You do not really want to add too much padding so that it restricts your movement. Are you skiing at the Norfolk Ski Club?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can buy padded shorts but this would be an expensive option for the occassional trip to the dry slope. (I thought you might be getting in some race practice for next weekends competitions at Norwich).I use an old pair of ski pants on the dry slope as they have a small amount of padding and I don't mind if they get wrecked.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
^ Good advice and bubble wrap would be a bit noisy if you fell on it, imagine all those bubbles popping at the same time, as well as near useless afterwards because all the bubbles had burst.

Best of luck Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevinrhead, yes (norwich) will definitely do the extra traccy bottoms. cheers for that. do you ski at trowse? rebecca

gsb, am going to wear michelin man trousers also! am not racing, just doing club lessons.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
roga, we've only got the chunky industrial size bubble wrap too - would be like a bomb going off Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rpft@rpft.co.uk, Depending what Blue Peter materials you have lying around go rip up that ol' camping mat. Tried and tested but don't expect to pull!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rpft@rpft.co.uk, Yes and I will be there later on this evening to see you Michelin man impersonation Laughing

gsb, Are you coming up for the CN or GP
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevinrhead, oh b*gger - could do with some anonymity or however you spell it.. I'll be the one swearing on impact. everyone else is very polite, but its just not me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevinrhead, Yes both, but it's my children who are skiing (If it was me I would want more than anonymity, relocation to another country perhaps) I am allowed to do the ski-prep.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What is Dendix?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
example of the offending item
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gsb, I will be there for the CN with my children also acting as ski tech. and gofer. Come over and say hello, ask any of the Norfolk team and they can point me out, Kevin Rhead

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 25-04-06 17:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rpft@rpft.co.uk, http://www.sport-protection.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16158&cat=250&page=1 I think they're still based in Norwich
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kevinrhead wrote:
example of the offending item

Where's that?

My local slopes don't look half as cool as that and one of them's Gloucester!
latest report
Quote:

My local slopes

race training tonight at Churchill - starts at quarter to 7 so you'd better get a move on ...
snow report
Masque, That looks like just the thing. Is it only me but I will not deal with websites like the one above who do not put any details as to their name address or a telephone number.
snow report
roga, Norfolk Ski Club - Norwich
snow conditions
rpft@rpft.co.uk wrote:
roga, we've only got the chunky industrial size bubble wrap too - would be like a bomb going off Laughing

It'd be fun seeing people's faces tho! Laughing
snow conditions
poma wrote:
Quote:

My local slopes

race training tonight at Churchill - starts at quarter to 7 so you'd better get a move on ...

LOL, the other one being Churchill...
kevinrhead wrote:
roga, Norfolk Ski Club - Norwich

Looks good to me Smile
ski holidays
kevinrhead, They've been around for a long time, drop them a mail and ask for contact details, I know what you're saying and I prefer to use POs rather than cards if in doubt.
snow report
Masque, this looks perfect - thank you. skied fine, no prangs. thanks to all for suggestions.
ski holidays
do any of you service your own skis? I was wondering about wax - slope was very dry tonight
snow conditions
rpft@rpft.co.uk, Waxing your skis will help a little for the first few runs best to use the hardest wax, normally the one for the coldest conditions on snow (if you have never done this a quick search on here will bring up several threads on waxing skis). When you are skiing at NSC though keep using the wax pad at the top of the main slope. I didn't spot you doing your Michelin man impersonation last night.
snow report
rpft@rpft.co.uk, Polar-X (from Data) is good hard stuff to use. snowHead Zardoz on top will help make them more slippery. Toofy Grin Keep the edges sharp too ! wink
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
http://www.sport-protection.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16158&cat=250&page=1 I think they're still based in Norwich

kevinrhead wrote:
Is it only me but I will not deal with websites like the one above who do not put any details as to their name address or a telephone number.

If you type the domain into a whois search, then it gives you the full contact name and address - in Hull. http://www.samspade.org/t/lookat?a=www.sport-protection.com
latest report
rpft@rpft.co.uk, If you want to have a go at waxing I have some polar-x wax happy to give you a block to try all you need is an old iron and a plastic scraper.
latest report
kevinrhead, I left at 8.15 ish - kept using the wax pad at the top - there was a queue most times(!) & I was starting to look a bit manic, so I thought I try some heavy duty stuff. thanks ever so for offer of wax, bought some on-line earlier, hope its ironable! that sounds seriously easy.

ski, cheers for this - have purchased some this afternoon - pale blue strips.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rpft@rpft.co.uk, If you want some tips on waxing / servicing weekend after next there is a National race when there will be lots of people playing with their benches/irons/scrapers/brushes/files etc (incl me)
snow conditions
kevinrhead, great, might bring kids to program/provide inspiration. when I bought the wax I put the name into google & it brought up a whole load of stuff about waxing & general servicing, including some kits. There were also links to old snowhead threads about waxing, so I have been studying carefully! Were you talking to sally tomlinsons hubby at the bottom of the slope??
snow report
rpft@rpft.co.uk, Yes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy