Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@Chris_n, I didn’t think it would last long.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris_n wrote:
FFP2 masks returning indoors from middle of next week. Press conference on measures going on at the moment.

Noooooooooooooo.......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chris_n, Really? Well I am sure you are not making it up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Pamski, it was in the Austrian press
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seems Austria have a new health minister and he tweeted last night that masks are to return. Stating that it's to counter staffing issues caused by Covid.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I assume it will include gondolas being public transport?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also does anyone know which app is used in Austria to check QR codes?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Matrix, nhs app is fine if they start checking again, but coronawarn is austrian
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Coronawarn is German. I'm not sure what is being used to check QR codes, but NHS and Green Pass codes all work fine.

Matrix wrote:
I assume it will include gondolas being public transport?

Don't assume anything. The public transport thing went in the bin with the introduction of 2G/3G, because you don't need that to catch a bus. Also, masks are currently not required on gondolas, but they are still required on the bus, so the public transport definition does not hold. Nobody will know, and I find it hard to believe that with weekly rule changes, anybody will care.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
To add to the above, I don't believe there are any places you would need to show a vaccine code now (unless you're going to Vienna), except at the border, so what app you use is irrelevant.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scarlet, oops, sorry I thought it was Austrian....in the words of a car hire chap in Munich, its all the same!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, indeed! There is no warning app in Austria now – the funding was pulled a month or so ago, as nobody was using it anyway.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Don’t have the full details but FP2 masks are obligatory from 23 March in gastronomy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, Coronawarn is German, very much still needed here. Went to a bar in town to watch football during the week, had to show an app to prove 3 shots plus id to get in but once inside no need for masks etc. Even the local restaurants insist on seeing a code before letting you in.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Update
Translated from German

New regulations from March 23, 2022

Around a month ago, the federal government decided on far-reaching easing, which came into force on March 5th. At the time, there were forecasts that considered these easing to be justifiable. The new forecast calculation from this Wednesday comes to a significantly different assessment than the forecasts in the days and weeks before. Accordingly, a decline in the current figures is only expected in the next few weeks. The tense situation will therefore last much longer than previously expected.

Based on these new findings and in order to slow down a further increase in hospital beds and to relieve hospital staff, the federal government has decided to make the following adjustments to the corona protection measures:

A FFP2 mask requirement indoors will again apply throughout Austria.
The federal government will revise the isolation rules for infected people in order to make the staffing situation easier, especially for hospitals, old people's and nursing homes.
Federal government makes recommendation for the home office.g
Details of the regulations will be worked out over the weekend. It is scheduled to come into effect on Wednesday.

Source :
https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Aktuelle-Maßnahmen.html#neue-regelungen-ab-23-maerz-2022

The link : https://tinyurl.com/mw236s7n
snow report
The NHS app was read everywhere when we were there last month.

The mask wearing was fine and tbh it’s not a surprise it’s back in. I hope the Austrian resorts make it through to the end of the season relatively unscathed!
snow report
Not sure how this will impact snowbombing.
ski holidays
@russ_e, don't think there is anything coming that causes problems for outdoor events. The big concern is protecting the likes of key workers by making places they have to go as safe as possible. They can choose whether or not they attend a festival. There is no issue with overloading hospitals but there are problems with staff absence due to covid.
snow report
I guess the latest rules re FFP2 mask wearing knocks apres ski on the head??

Three of us off to Obertauren on Saturday for 4 days and were looking forward to afternoon apres. I guess the weather is looking sunny so some fun outside can be had.
One of our party isn't boosted but travelling Sat with a PCR test Friday. My understanding is, as things stand he is good to go.
Hopefully the situation stays stable
snow conditions
landers wrote:
I guess the latest rules re FFP2 mask wearing knocks apres ski on the head??

Three of us off to Obertauren on Saturday for 4 days and were looking forward to afternoon apres. I guess the weather is looking sunny so some fun outside can be had.
One of our party isn't boosted but travelling Sat with a PCR test Friday. My understanding is, as things stand he is good to go.
Hopefully the situation stays stable

Heading out on Sat also and I'm wondering about apres + the masks news too. Was really looking forward to it. Oh well!

Re; your friend, my understanding is that Austria entry rules from all countries is now under what they call '3G' meaning vaccinated, recovered or PCR tested. If they are double vaccinated and within 270 days since last dose, no PCR is required and no booster is required. From https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations#entry-requirements:

"Everyone entering Austria needs to show
Proof of full vaccination (at least 2 jabs) OR proof of past infection (the medical document needs to show the date of recovery – for guests from the UK: an NHS email/text of a positive test is not sufficient)
OR a negative PCR test (valid for 72 hours) OR a negative LFT/antigen test (valid for 24 hours)
This applies to arrivals from all countries."

What Proof is Accepted?
To proof your “3-G” status upon arrival you can use the NHS Covid app, the EU Covid Pass or any international equivalent. Printed versions and medical certificates of vaccination or recovery are also accepted. If your certificate is not in English or German please download this form.

Full Vaccination
Two-dose vaccinations: valid for 270 days after the second dose. There need to be at least 14 days in between the first and second jab.
Booster jab: valid for 270 days after the booster. There need to be at least 90 days between the second and third jab.
The Johnson & Johnson jab is valid for 270 days, 22 days after the first dose.
If recovered and jabbed, the first dose is valid for 270 days.
BioNtech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Covaxin, Covovax, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Nuvaxovid (Novavax),Sinovac, and Sinopharm are valid for entering Austria. Mix and match vaccinations are valid, too.

Please note: The above mentioned validity period only applies to entering Austria. When in Austria, you no longer need to show your vaccination status with the exception of Vienna where "2-G" proof (vaccinated/recovered) is still required to enter restaurants, bars and clubs. Please be aware that two-dose jabs are only valid for 180 days to gain "2-G" status, afterwards a booster is required."
ski holidays
His 270 days are just up, but currently as you outlined, a negative test is adequate for entry.

I don't mind mask wearing indoors when moving around once we can drink at a table and enjoy classic euro pop apres tunes
snow report
All the talk on this thread is what documentation; testing etc. is required to get into Austria to ski, but here’s a salutary lesson in what happens if you test +ve for Covid whilst you’re there, and your “escape” options in those circumstances …

I had started sneezing a bit & felt like I had a cold coming on last Wednesday, so finished skiing at lunchtime. Did an LFT in the afternoon which was +ve and let the hotel know as I didn’t want to spread it to anyone else in our group, or to the rest of the hotel.

My room-mate was moved to a made-up bed in the massage room, and I had to self-isolate in my room with meals left at the door.

The hotel contacted the authorities (otherwise there’s a 1450 number too call) … 2 other Brit. skiers in another party had also tested +ve, so we had to attend a free PCR test centre on Thursday afternoon which was ½ hr away. Don’t know how we’d have got there, but luckily I’d driven out so we had my car to get there.

The requirements for quarantine looked horrendous – our hotel was full for the next week so we would have needed somewhere else to self isolate for at least 10 days, until a PCR test gave a reading of CT > 30 allowing release from quarantine

However since I had a car I was able to add the 2 skiers from the other group to my insurance, and with 3 drivers we were allowed to “escape” by driving without stopping to the tunnel (apart from obvious quick fuel & toilet stops)

So we were very lucky on all counts – if I hadn’t been there with the car, the other 2 guys who had flown would have been stuck in some unknown hotel for 10+ days quarantine … and if there hadn’t been the extra drivers to share the drive non-stop I doubt if they would have allowed me to leave solo, as the authorities assumed that would have needed an overnight stop en-route

Since getting home - 6 other members of my group of 12 have tested +ve, so they were lucky not to have tested whilst they were there !!!
snow conditions
Thanks Geoffers. Good to know of possible scenarios. I'll be taking common sense precautions, fingers crossed we avoid a similar situation
ski holidays
Dont test is the solution I guess.
ski holidays
I've heard rumours that venues are going to have an option of requiring masks or going back to proof of vaccination on entry.

Will be great news if this turns out to be true.
snow conditions
This from today’s Die Presse, https://www.diepresse.com/6115360/kommt-die-wahl-zwischen-3-g-oder-masken.

Reading it the regulations haven’t been finalised
snow conditions
Off to Obergurgl in 10 days. Guessing requirements are likely to be the same as in Feb? FFP2 masks and that Covid pass required?
ski holidays
@buchanan101, the regulations are due change today, check the link in the post above today.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@radar, can’t read German. Will wait until I get on my PC for Google translate.

As long as they aren’t talking about reinstating 48 hour PCR tests for triple jabbed I’m not fussed…?
latest report
@buchanan101, new regulations now coming in on Thursday,

The FFP2 mask will be required indoors, public transport which includes cable cars, though they are saying that they might allow them to apply the 3G rule.

No talk of tests

https://www.sn.at/politik/innenpolitik/neue-masken-und-quarantaeneregeln-erst-ab-donnerstag-118817770

If your on a phone or tablet, Chrome will translate it for you
latest report
@radar, thanks. Same as when I was in Zell. The FFP2 mask actually worked keeping my face warm… suspect will be rather warmer in 10 days.
snow report
@buchanan101, the weather has been glorious, out by 9 ski until 2, gondola down from mid station Cool
ski holidays
All going well I will be going to Austria 10th April with my 12 yr old (leaving my amazing hubby behind looking after our eldest who is studying for GCSES, his face when first suggested.....)

We are flying into Munich and then have private transfer booked. I was expecting to have to at least fill in a PLF, but I can't find anything to say that. So is it really just take our vaccine passports with us and nothing else needed?
ski holidays
@NickyJ, yes, currently you can enter Germany without forms or tests if you are fully vaccinated, but in any case you will be transiting straight to Austria so even that is probably irrelevant.

Entry to Austria is currently 3G - vaccinated, recovered, or tested. You are unlikely to be stopped at the border for anyone to check.
snow conditions
Thankyou...After our Feb week and all paperwork it feels almost to easy Laughing was getting paranoid I mad missed something
ski holidays
radar wrote:
@buchanan101, the regulations are due change today, check the link in the post above today.

New rules didn’t happen
Been to busy skiing to get more details
ski holidays
Eagerly waiting for clarity on these measures. Heading out this Saturday and I've been dreaming of dancing to some trashy Europop in Mayrhofen's Ice Bar for over two years now Laughing
snow report
Looks like 2 April for the new regulations regarding FFP2 and 3G

https://www.diepresse.com/6115360/verordnung-ausstaendig-maskenpflicht-und-kuerzere-quarantaene
snow conditions
radar wrote:
Looks like 2 April for the new regulations regarding FFP2 and 3G

https://www.diepresse.com/6115360/verordnung-ausstaendig-maskenpflicht-und-kuerzere-quarantaene

I think the article has been updated since you posted it - seems to imply it's from tomorrow until April 16th? (Google translated below)

I would imagine where it says the organiser can choose between masks and 3G, that apres bars will choose to look for vaccination, recovery certs or test certs to gain entry? Pedantic question: I wonder will the 270 day rule apply for doubly vaccinated people or will it be back to the 180 day rule they had in Austria for hospitality before restrictions were dropped. Maybe more info on this tomorrow.

"Coalition resentment has complicated the negotiations. But now it's fixed: The FFP2 obligation comes back in all indoor areas - the 3-G rule only applies in night catering and at larger events.

For the sixth day in a row, the federal government, the federal states and business representatives haggled over stricter corona measures on Wednesday, in the midst of record-breaking infection numbers. The ordinance originally announced for Tuesday was not there by late afternoon – even though it should have applied from midnight.

After a long wait, however, it was announced around 4:30 p.m. how the mask requirement and access rules would continue: The FFP2 mask requirement will be reintroduced in all indoor areas (in gastronomy away from the seat, in retail, at leisure facilities, in public transport). At events, it must be worn with and without assigned seats indoors for 100 or more people. Here, however, the organizer has the freedom to choose between a mask requirement or the 3-G rule. This regulation also applies to night gastronomy, i.e. a mask requirement or 3-G control. The ordinance will come into effect at midnight and will initially apply until April 16."
latest report
^^^^^^all good for snowbombing then! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy