Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@munich_irish, Is the UK the only country removed from German high risk list, just wondering if Ireland still regarded as high risk.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@2waterford, According to the link from @munich_irish Ireland is no longer considered a virus variant area. The link is in English despite the German title. https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Transport/Archiv_Risikogebiete/Risikogebiete_aktuell_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris_n wrote:
@2waterford, According to the link from @munich_irish Ireland is no longer considered a virus variant area. The link is in English despite the German title. https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Transport/Archiv_Risikogebiete/Risikogebiete_aktuell_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

Thank you, just looking for the lazy option and not fill the German PLF
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@2waterford, yes Ireland off too along with a bunch of other places like Afghanistan & Kazakhstan, not Austria though. In theory you are supposed to fill in the form when returning from Austria though cant see many actually doing so. It does mean that holidays in Austria are still off the agenda for many German families given the requirement for unvaccinated folk over 5 years old to quarantine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
munich_irish wrote:
@2waterford, yes Ireland off too along with a bunch of other places like Afghanistan & Kazakhstan, not Austria though. In theory you are supposed to fill in the form when returning from Austria though cant see many actually doing so. It does mean that holidays in Austria are still off the agenda for many German families given the requirement for unvaccinated folk over 5 years old to quarantine.

Thank You
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Austria lifting the requirement for 2G to enter replaced with 3G (recovered, vaccinated or tested) from Tuesday 22nd, quote from Tiroler Tagezeitung. This will allow unvacinated to enter with tests as described below (Antigen = lateral flow).
Quote:
3G on arrival from Tuesday: Antigen tests are also permitted
As announced by the government on Wednesday, the 3G rule will generally apply when entering Austria from Tuesday.

▶️ In addition to PCR tests that are no more than 72 hours old, antigen tests are also permitted, the acceptance of which must not be more than 24 hours ago . This emerges from the regulation published today by the Ministry of Health. Excluded are antigen tests for personal use. Minors under the age of twelve do not need to provide 3G proof .

▶️ The 13th amendment to the Covid-19 entry regulation will come into force on February 22, 00:00 a.m., according to the document. For those who have recovered and those who have been vaccinated afterwards, the validity of the vaccination is reduced from 270 to 180 days . Any costs for one of the required proofs abroad must be borne by yourself, is stipulated in the regulation. Special regulations for commuters and school-age children were removed from the previous ordinance in favor of standardized requirements .
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello, sorry if I’m being a complete nincompoop BUT can someone explain something to me. Looking to go to Austria for a long weekend (fri-mon) or a week.

I’ve recently recovered from Covid (within 180 days) and haven’t been vaccinated. So from what I have read I need to take a PCR test prior to flying, does this only last 72hrs from test result? Does this mean I need to take another whilst I’m away? If I was going for just a long weekend then it would be just over 72hrs I would be there so how strict is it?

Hope that makes sense, thanks for your help in advance x
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fowlface wrote:
Hello, sorry if I’m being a complete nincompoop BUT can someone explain something to me. Looking to go to Austria for a long weekend (fri-mon) or a week.

I’ve recently recovered from Covid (within 180 days) and haven’t been vaccinated. So from what I have read I need to take a PCR test prior to flying, does this only last 72hrs from test result? Does this mean I need to take another whilst I’m away? If I was going for just a long weekend then it would be just over 72hrs I would be there so how strict is it?

Hope that makes sense, thanks for your help in advance x

With regard the PCR test the biggest issue is buying your lift pass, they will only validate you lift pass for the duration of your PCR, so if you do PCR 24 hours prior to departure it won’t cover last day of your trip.

Also don’t know too much about recovery cert, but you need to check how many days post recovery Austria are accepting
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@2waterford, won't all covid passport requirements to buy a lift pass be dropped from March 5?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jagerbull wrote:
@2waterford, won't all covid passport requirements to buy a lift pass be dropped from March 5?

Apologies we fly home on 5th so hadn’t factored in the change on the 5th,
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Afternoon all, just back from a cracking week in Zell am See and thought I’d post about my experience although by the sounds of things the situation will change shortly. We had 2, 12-15 y/o’s both double jabbed, with a Randox “test at home” PCR carried out on the Wednesday lunchtime for a 6am Saturday flight, cutting it tight for the 72hr rule but equally gave me time to cancel if either came back +ve. Travelled with Crystal who checked our docs at check-in, Austrian army checked the PCR & NHS Scotland forms on arrival. Got ski passes through Crystal who said that because of all the checks their customers go through getting into the country, they could issue the passes with green pass status and we had no problems through the week. Most if not all bars & restaurants asked for our certs and at the lifts (chairs, gondolas even T-bars!) people were being stopped if they weren’t wearing ffp2 masks. Had to complete UK passenger locator forms for the flight home, this was checked on entry to arrivals, at the boarding gate and on arrival in Glasgow. Anyone travelling with Crystal note you need to check your skis in before entering Salzburg airport, don’t know why. J2/Ryan air etc could check skis/boards in at the desks.

Once again thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and have kept updating with the latest rules, this was our 1st time in Austria but hopefully not the last.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we are just back from a week in Ischgl.
landed in Munich so drove into austria and no issues.
had the QR codes scanned into gruner pass and corona warn.
one issue when getting lift pass was that when they scanned the QR for one of our party (who is 13) for some reason it picked the dates up wrong and ski pass was only going to be issued for a few days. but they checked the actual date and all was fine, so if date issue make sure you show actual dates of vaccination.

were only checked a few times for QR when on the hill, we spent a couple of nights in innsbruck as well and were asked everywhere for QR codes.

masks were worn by everyone we came across on austrian side, apart from some English people..

all in all a good experience and good to get back to austria
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mugen wrote:

masks were worn by everyone we came across on austrian side, apart from some English people..

Anecdotally, I did an airport run to Salzburg last Saturday, and was surprised how many Brits were wearing medical masks i.e. not FFP2 rolling eyes

Also, yesterday, a group of English skiers entering lift loading stations without donning masks, in spite of the clear signs. They were shouted at by the lifties and then faffed around whilst putting them on.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Our experience in the Skiwelt last week was that compliance was significantly lower than I'd experienced in Flachau in mid January, but still above 90% - there were noticably more people just using buffs, or with non-reusable masks which were grey and fluffy because they'd be in use for months, or with their mask hanging under their chin, or with it gaping at the sides or top, or with their nose uncovered. In almost all the cases I could identify, they spoke German and had clearly labelled hire kit, so maybe unlikely to be Austrian. UK visitors were very much in the minority despite it being half term for much of the country, but sadly there were a few with similar issues.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flying from Gatwick to innsbruck on 26th Feb with Easyjet. According to the Easyjet site, fully vaccinated passengers not holding a PCR test result or antigen test result must complete the Pre-Travel Clearance Form prior to arrival. I have had my booster jab but don't have a negative pcr test as I know this is not needed for entry. I thought that I would fill out the pre-clearance form just in case but when I do that, it says that I dont need to.

I am presuming this is easyjet being a bit behind with the new regs. Has anybody recently flown to Innsbruck from Gatwick with Easyjet?
latest report
I'm also flying out on 26th Feb to Innsbruck! I thought 3 jabs = you're in no bother but now you've got me worried! I shall look into this.

Crystal's spreadsheet thing says "You don’t need to fill in any forms to enter Austria." if you're fully vaccinated and over 18 but Crystal aren't infallible
ski holidays
https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

This lists Pre-Travel Clearance as required only when not triple jabbed

"When do you need a Pre-Travel-Clearance?
Travellers entering Austria with "3-G" proof do NOT need pre-travel clearance.
Pre-travel clearance is required when entering without "3-G" proof."
snow report
@scomiller, You're correct, you don't need the pre-travel clearance form if triple jabbed. If you try to fill in the pre-travel form, it'll stop you at the point where you confirm you've had a booster. The advice I was given is just to screen shot that, print it out and you can show them that at check in if it's an issue.
ski holidays
Was in Westendorf 6 weeks ago and back in Kirchendorf this weekend. Has much changed in 3 weeks? What about the 10pm curfew?
latest report
@johnboy, Curfew moved to midnight. 2G regs have changed to 3G (tests are also accepted). No checks in shops.
snow conditions
@Scarlet, Cheers, 3G mean 3 vaccinations?
snow report
@johnboy, jabbed, recovered or tested
snow report
Ah right, cheers.@holidayloverxx,
snow conditions
Pastorius wrote:
I'm also flying out on 26th Feb to Innsbruck! I thought 3 jabs = you're in no bother but now you've got me worried! I shall look into this.

Crystal's spreadsheet thing says "You don’t need to fill in any forms to enter Austria." if you're fully vaccinated and over 18 but Crystal aren't infallible

You don’t need anything apart from proof of booster or recovery or …now… proof of a negative tests. Flew in to Salzburg on Sunday; rules have changed - relaxed - (yesterday) to allow negative PCR test as an alternative
snow report
@buchanan101, I guess no booster needed anymore and 2 shoots are enough. And as for test, rapid antigen tests are fine too since yesterday but are valid only 24h.
ski holidays
primoz wrote:
@buchanan101, I guess no booster needed anymore and 2 shoots are enough. And as for test, rapid antigen tests are fine too since yesterday but are valid only 24h.

Thought it is booster, recovered or test. 2 not enough without recovered or test. Antigen must be witnessed.
ski holidays
buchanan101 wrote:
primoz wrote:

Thought it is booster, recovered or test. 2 not enough without recovered or test. Antigen must be witnessed.

No, @primoz is correct, the standard 3G rule for vaccination is “full vaccination” which is 2 doses (within the validity period, which appears to currently be 270 days from the second dose). EU compliant antigen test certificates don’t state whether they were witnessed or not, so no-one would know.
ski holidays
@Scarlet, just one thing though. I was just checking this yesterday (I might go skiing to Austria legally again now Very Happy), and I also so that validity is suppose to be 270 days. But few weeks ago when driving through Austria to Italy I was listening to O3 and if I remember right, Austria was changing validity from 270 days to 180, or did I got this wrong? Because this is pretty damn confusing already (I know I know I didn't learn a thing in these two years rolling eyes ).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@primoz, I understand that the validity is 180 days for only two vaccine doses (or recovered with one dose) and 270 days after the booster dose.
snow report
@primoz, 270 days is for entry to Austria still , 180 when in Austria (whatever that means!)

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
snow conditions
@primoz, you're absolutely right, they did change it to 180 days, because I had to re-validate my ski pass. However, when I checked yesterday for the post above, the regs said 270 days, here: https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Haeufig-gestellte-Fragen/FAQ-Einreise-nach-Oesterreich.html (3rd FAQ point). I was also expecting it to say 180 days, but I can't see a mention of that now Confused I could be wrong, or it could have quietly been changed...
snow conditions
@primoz, when are you thinking of going to Austria?
latest report
Green Pass site still says 180 days:
Quote:
in future, the first series of vaccinations (two vaccinations leading to the issue of a vaccination certificate with 2/2) or 2/1, or recovery from COVID-19 plus one vaccination (vaccination certificate 1/1) will be valid for 180 days. Vaccination certificates for booster vaccinations (3 vaccinations leading to the issue of vaccination certificate 3/3), or recovery from COVID-19 plus two vaccinations (vaccination certificates 3/3) or 3/1), will continue to be valid for 270 days.

https://gruenerpass.gv.at/en/faq/

But for anyone travelling after 5th March, it ceases* to be relevant anyway.

*As far as we know, assuming nobody changes their mind before then. No regs for this yet.
snow report
@Jagerbull, I'm living 20km from Austria, so for me it's more like day trip when I feel like alpine skiing or when conditions for touring/freeride are good Smile
@Scarlet, ok so I'm not only one who is confused Laughing On this one https://www.austria.org/current-travel-information it says about 270 days, in past it was talk about changing to 180, so pretty confusing. But then again, it's been something new and completely different every 2 days for last 2 years now, so I should have learn this by now rolling eyes I guess I'm not going to Austria this weekend anyway, as I have plans for some steep climbing/skiing stuff in Italy, and next week is March already Smile
snow report
Not sure if I've posted this already, but Crystal have a PDF they keep updated that is quite a good simple way of seeing current status and requirements. It should always be read alongside the official government advice, but quickly answers some of the more obvious questions.

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/travel-with-confidence/entry-requirements/
https://www.crystalski.co.uk/resources/content/wp-content/uploads/Travel-local-COVID-19-requirements-230222-at-0925.pdf
snow conditions
Just checked in with Jet 2 at Birmingham for my flight to Salzburg.
Much better since they moved the check in area to nearest the car parks! Fabulous and it’s not as crowded now it’s not next to Tui. Barely had to queue to drop bags and skis.

Chap asked for my PLF, asked if I had vaccination proof but didn’t request to see it. I said I hadn’t done the PLF as it’s not required if you’ve been boosted and I have been. So that was fine.
Big queue for security but overall way less stress than last time!
ski holidays
Fingers crossed for anyone travelling with BA, Salzburg to LHR. All short haul flights from LHR appear to have been cancelled, today, owing to a technical problem, causing issues for those returning.
latest report
@Cacciatore, yes I’d seen people talking about that on FB. People stuck there in Salzburg etc.
latest report
Worse places to be stuck than Salzberg
Had a night in Innsbruck last month curtesy of JET2 Madeye-Smiley
Waiting to get to the snow from LHR for starters
snow report
Another one of those....."I'm going to X, is this what I need?" questions. But I'm a sucker for double checking so hence the post!

We are flying into Munich on 5th March and driving to Mayrhofen, returning to Heathrow on 12th March.
Two fully vaccinated adults. Double jabbed with boosters received in December.

Am I right in saying:

- No pre-travel tests needed
- NHS app with QR travel pass accepted
- Neither country now require a pre-departure digital registration form
- PLF required 48 hours prior to return to UK

And as for general CV19 stuff
- FFP2 masks required still for most indoor places

A couple of questions:
- Is the NHS app accepted in bars/restaurants etc?
- Are FFP2 masks required on chairs or will a "buff" suffice. I assume a FFP2 required for cable cars/bubbles?

Finally, anyone flown recently to Munich from Heathrow with Luthansa got any tips? I plan on leaving 3 hours to get through bag drop, security etc due to reports from other airports of things taking much longer at the moment.

Cheers all
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy