Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Is over needed for 11 year old?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ratechaser, that’s my worry!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The entry regulations will be adapted , four countries will become virus variant areas: GB, the Netherlands, Denmark and Norway will be added to the list due to the drastic increase in the number of omicrons . This will tighten entry . However, there is a relief for those entering the country: with 3 stitches and a PCR test, there is no quarantine.

The test and vaccination offer should be maintained over the holidays , so Reich.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does it give a time when the PCR comes in ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Strudel wrote:
Press conference just confirmed travel restrictions from the UK, Netherlands, Denmark & Norway to Austria will change to
Booster + PCR require no quarantine.

Is it just those 4 countries require PCR, Ireland not on the list before I scurry to try to find PCR tomorrow
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like entry into Austria is allowed as long as you've had the booster!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Are kids under 11 of parents who can meet booster + PCR still OK? Very early to say, I know
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is pcr needed for 11 year old?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry, I'm a bit slow. Numerous people beat me to it!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They didn't elaborate re PCR timing but I assume 72 hours will continue to suffice. They didn't mention otherwise at least - best to keep an eye on their official website over the next day to confirm.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2waterford wrote:

Is it just those 4 countries require PCR, Ireland not on the list before I scurry to try to find PCR tomorrow

Only those 4 were named by the GECKO lady, @2waterford
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2waterford wrote:
Strudel wrote:
Press conference just confirmed travel restrictions from the UK, Netherlands, Denmark & Norway to Austria will change to

They only mentioned those four countries.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Strudel, thanks again fingers crossed as we can definitely cope with that.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any idea when these new rules come in? We are due to fly v.early on 24th Dec, but have back up flights for tomorrow night. I think it will be impossible to get PCR's done in time for either flight!
Thanks to those checking & translating the press conference
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Strudel wrote:
2waterford wrote:
Strudel wrote:

They only mentioned those four countries.

Thank You
snow report
With effect from 25th December, katfc
snow report
@@schifoan, if that is correct - I am a very happy ski-bunny!
snow conditions
well...also for me, as a German Citizen, Austria is for this winter out of question.
I dont think that Germany will change the High Risk Declaration till the end of the Winter.
I managed in total 6 Days of skiing , the rest will be probably in Germany.

I have to admit that i didnt expect this
snow conditions
@schifoan, Thank you Very Happy
ski holidays
@schifoan, Thank you Very Happy
latest report
@Strudel, thanks for the timely updates- it was really appreciated (particularly as it was good news!!!!!)
snow report
Die Einreiseverordnung wird adaptiert, vier Länder werden mit Wirkung 25. Dezember zu Virenvariantengebieten: Großbritannien, Niederlande, Dänemark und Norwegen werden aufgrund drastisch steigender Omikron-Zahlen in die Liste aufgenommen. Dadurch wird die Einreise verschärft. Für Einreisende gilt allerdings eine Erleichterung: Mit 3 Stichen und PCR-Test entfalle die Quarantäne.

This is what is says, katfc - "With effect from 25th December". I certainly hope it's correct, for your sake! We're planning to go to Austria in Feb, so I've been anxiously watching the conference.

Other info I picked out: rules for children remain unchanged and restaurants etc will all have to close from 10pm.

Maybe we will get to go skiing after all Very Happy
snow report
All fine and checked in. No questions.
snow report
Good news for those who want to come to Austria that can furnish them with the required stuff.

Watch the PCR though, I suspect it will be 48 hours not 72.
So wait for confirmation…….
snow conditions
Thanks again to all for the tips, advice and help. It made an amazing trip possible for two families and a four year old learned to ski. Epic. Thanks snow heads.
snow conditions
Saltwood wrote:
All fine and checked in. No questions.

Splendid.
Take it you just did lateral flow then?
ski holidays
The big big question remains around how unboosted children under 18 will be treated. And if being recovered still counts...

Much (if not most) of the NY week traffic from the U.K. will be families, so I hope this booster/PCR relief isn't the only option out of isolation.
ski holidays
Yep. And used verifly.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I take it that there is no 270 days following 2nd jab rule any more? Seems to be booster only? Not great if you are not eligible for booster yet..... Any more clarification likely?
latest report
Saltwood wrote:
Thanks again to all for the tips, advice and help. It made an amazing trip possible for two families and a four year old learned to ski. Epic. Thanks snow heads.

Ah that is wonderful, happy Christmas
snow report
turms2 wrote:
well...also for me, as a German Citizen, Austria is for this winter out of question.
I dont think that Germany will change the High Risk Declaration till the end of the Winter.

@turms2, sorry to hear that
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Good news for those who want to come to Austria that can furnish them with the required stuff.

Watch the PCR though, I suspect it will be 48 hours not 72.
So wait for confirmation…….

@VolklAttivaS5, thanks and agree, let's watch for the detail
latest report
turms2 wrote:

Sorry to hear that Turms, can you clarify why you can’t travel to Austria though, as one of our party is travelling from Germany to Austria, the rest of us are coming from the U.K.
snow report
Saltwood wrote:
Yep. And used verifly.

Cool.
Did they ask for sight of the negative lateral flow certificate? Mine from C19 testing took 2.5 hours to come through again, can’t fault it really for £22. Well worth taking your own, I did mine after skiing had a shower then uploaded the result in bed. Much better than going to a pharmacy to do it.
snow report
I have now seen on another page that all EU citizens need a PCR, waiting clarification
snow conditions
Thanks so much for the update, much appreciated, is it definitely a PCR rather than antigen test please? We go on 27th and can’t find any appointments!
ski holidays
Not sure that will be helpful for those with kids but fully vaccinated (ie x3) plus PCR is OK from UK, Holland, Denmark & Norway. I guess much stress for some parents (lots of questions about the Ninja pass incoming I guess) but probably a sensible decision given the amount of conflicting evidence. There wont be answers to the various details for some hours yet, need to wit until the health ministry site is updated.
ski holidays
Yes thanks all for the help. I have booked PCR for 2.
latest report
Quote:

Did they ask for sight of the negative lateral flow certificate?

Had to upload test result to verifly. Took chronomics ones with us and did them 48 hours before flight just because, you know. Didn't fancy rolling the dice and doing it at the airport.
Checked in online and then bag drop was easy (slow), passport control was easy (also slow) but no questions asked. Just v friendly people.
snow report
Sad still can't transit from Munich though Sad asmuch as I try and find a loophole it ain't happening...

Even if they change on the 3rd Jan, I'm due to go on the 6th.... so not enough time to get sorted....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy