Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
backhojo wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
There is a recovery certificate provided by the Austrian Govt which can be printed and then signed by a GP which will suffice for anyone who doesn't have the required proof of recovery. Several people on here have already stated that they have done this, so it is clearly possible.

you will no get a UK GP to sign this...unless someone knows different. my wife is a GP an I am a manager in a GP surgery. its not something we do. all surgeries I have found with something on their website have stated that you need to ring 119 or look online at the gov website. all roads appear to point to the NHS proof of infection app

It’s a bit moot now with the latest restrictions; but we printed this form out and got our GP to sign and stamp it. They examined it at Salzburg airport, and all was fine. This was for a child over 12, who had recovered from Covid, and could not be vaccinated for medical reasons.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
backhojo wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:
backhojo wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
There is a recovery certificate provided by the Austrian Govt which can be printed and then signed by a GP which will suffice for anyone who doesn't have the required proof of recovery. Several people on here have already stated that they have done this, so it is clearly possible.

you will no get a UK GP to sign this...unless someone knows different. my wife is a GP an I am a manager in a GP surgery. its not something we do. all surgeries I have found with something on their website have stated that you need to ring 119 or look online at the gov website. all roads appear to point to the NHS proof of infection app

First hand experience - we have guests here currently, from the UK, who managed to do exactly this.

thanks.its becoming clearer. i didnt twig that you can print the austrian example off and get it completed. where it doesnt work is when some one contacts the GP to ask for a "proof of recovery certificate" as such a thing doesnt exist !

One of my sons has his vaccinations AND his recovery "certificate" listed on his NHS COVID Travel pass. He went on the NHS Website, logged in, requested a Travel Pass and it lists his innoculations, Positive test (Oct 21) and the recovery. The recovery entry also has a QR Code which is accepted on the Austrian Scanners. I'm not sure why others are having so many problems.

Is it an age thing? Young kids don't have the app?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@holidayloverxx, yes, it’s age related. It’s only in the last couple of weeks that we have been able to access COVID vaccination (and recovery, I believe, though not tried it) data for under 16s. Add to that, the fact that England only started vaccinating 12-15 year olds in September and they require 12 weeks between jabs, means that many teenagers are only just eligible. We’re all feeling our way around this very new set of processes.

None of this data is available on the NHS app, we have to get it via other means!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Press conference today at 13:30. Anyone interested can follow the liveblog at tt.com, or wait for a writeup probably around 16:00.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scarlet, thank you!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarlet wrote:
Press conference today at 13:30. Anyone interested can follow the liveblog at tt.com, or wait for a writeup probably around 16:00.

Thanks, so is that 12:30 GMT, or were you already helpfully translating for those of us back home?

It's the waiting right now that's so darn painful Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarlet wrote:

Thanks Scarlet. 13.30 Austria time?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tom H wrote:
Scarlet wrote:

Thanks Scarlet. 13.30 Austria time?

I have found the live stream 12.30 uk thanks again
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
13:30 local time (UTC+1) – I don't know where everyone else is located, so you'll have to figure that out for yourselves Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
En route from Austria to Munich Airport. Slow down of traffic at the border, with police giving cursory look at vehicles, but our transfer van cruised through, as well as an English plated car just in front of us. Next stop airport. Hopefully all good.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Who is flying back to the UK from Munich today?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Saltwood, ah, you, crossed post. I was wondering how it was going.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Saltwood, are you with Four Seasons?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Who is flying back to the UK from Munich today?

On my way to Munich airport from Kitzbuehel right now in a taxi. I’ll let you know how I get on. 6 wonderful days on the slopes. snowHead

I’ve been so lucky: went to Tignes on the pre-season bash, and just missed the French ban; and now I’ve just escaped the Austrian one. Cool
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Poogle, yes please do….
I did the German PLF last night as well as the UK one and uploaded my lateral flow result and my vaccination certificate onto it just to make things easier in case I get a difficult one at check in. That way I could put I’d been in Austria for the last 10 days not the UK.
Did you get a PCR done as you’d been in the UK within the last 10 days or just stuck with what we needed to get back to the UK?
snow conditions
Me too, got in and out twice just in time, one week in Hintertux then 10 days here in the Zillertal.
Glad I’m going back though as the mask wearing has dropped off now the Christmas and New Year people are turning up. I’ve enjoyed the quiet restaurants and slopes the past 2 trips. Nice weather both times too.
ski holidays
Quote:

@Saltwood, are you with Four Seasons

Used Alps2alps. They were really good.
snow report
Stop guys, you're breaking my heart!
ski holidays
Some people here that will definitely be off my Christmas card list, if the announcement today does lock the rest of us out... Skullie
latest report
@Saltwood, have you checked in?
snow report
@Pastorius, @ratechaser, sorry snowHead
snow report
Quite alright! At least somebody gets to enjoy the snow. Feb 26th for me, I'm hoping some sense of normality returns by then, perhaps the government will desperately be trying to get the season going again to negate the cost of supporting the industry? I'm crossing everything I own right now
ski holidays
My prediction is, they will get the first few weeks of Jan out of the way to see what happens reference the severity of this Omicron business, see that it’s not that bad and then it will be ok end of Jan onwards.
latest report
Can anyone tell me what the situation is for transit through a German Airport to Austria? For example flying into Munich from the UK and getting the train straight from the airport to Innsbruck and then onto a resort, is that allowed??
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
My prediction is, they will get the first few weeks of Jan out of the way to see what happens reference the severity of this Omicron business, see that it’s not that bad and then it will be ok end of Jan onwards.

I’d be betting that too. The live stream is on but not started presenting yet
snow conditions
@DHosking, it’s not allowed I’m afraid
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

If enough of us predict it, then it shall come true! I also predict this exact scenario.
snow report
Press conference @ 2:30 CET/1:30 UK time now
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DidierCouch wrote:

Is that a good sign or bad, looks like there may be some negotiations going on in the back round
ski holidays
2waterford wrote:
DidierCouch wrote:

Is that a good sign or bad, looks like there may be some negotiations going on in the back round

...to allow New Year week to go ahead to mitigate financial losses... (well if I say it, maybe it will happen!)
snow report
Luckily I was in Solden last weekend, apparently they will also require quarantine for Holland rolling eyes
ski holidays
@2waterford, means there are still arguments about what is being announced.
latest report
Are there any german language speakers watching and can give a running commentary?
latest report
Sounded like we're cooked there
snow conditions
Press conference just confirmed travel restrictions from the UK, Netherlands, Denmark & Norway to Austria will change to
Booster + PCR require no quarantine.
snow conditions
From my pidgin German attempt at translation, that sounded positive... as long as my recovered 16yo isn't stuffed as a result

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 22-12-21 14:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Thank to be clear uk bolstered I need to book pcr?
ski holidays
Strudel wrote:
Press conference just confirmed travel restrictions from the UK, Netherlands, Denmark & Norway to Austria will change to
Booster + PCR require no quarantine.

Hurrah! I predicted something right!
latest report
[quote="Tom H"]Thanks to be clear I have booster but now need pcr. Hopefully leave 25/12
latest report
Thanks Strudel quick question do we know if the PCR time sensitive and by that I mean 72/48 or please not 24hrs as getting one on Christmas Day for a Boxing day flight will be impossible?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy