Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
tatmanstours wrote:
Quote:

Mayrhofen to me has always felt like a party resort.

Oh yes, I remember them!

I was hoping to be heading there in January for a few days Sad

I love the place and we even visited during the summer, it’s stunning and is everything a ski resort should be….. for adults Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ulmerhutte wrote:
@Tom H, try googling specific resorts.

St Anton is opening on 12 Dec… https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/blog/news/covid19-safety-measures

Thanks. Soelden’s ‘latest news’ was 19/11. No update on their Facebook page. I’ve found they don’t tend to post much.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gazzza wrote:
So based on todays changes, will "recovered" still be a valid reason to a. enter the country, without quarantine or test, and b. use hotels/restaurants/lifts etc.

My 11 and 13 year old both had covid in Oct but are both currently unvaxxed (youngest not elligble and eldest has to wait 12 weeks since infection). We've got them both the Austrian certificate of recovery template completed, signed and stamped with the positive PCR email attached for good measure : https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/Bundesnormen/NOR40234210/II_222_2021_Anlage_4.pdf

... And Tyrol should be open before Christmas ?

There are no changes to anything regarding recovery in todays announcement, your children will be fine. Tirol is out of lockdown on Sunday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tom H, today is a public holiday in Austria so if Sölden isn't open no one would be working to update any web pages.
News report in English
https://www.thelocal.at/20211208/breaking-these-covid-measures-to-apply-in-austria-from-sunday/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wildkogel-arena posted the following on their site:

Gradual opening from 12.12.2021 for vaccinated and recovered people

On Sunday, 12.12., the sports and cultural enterprises will open
On Monday, 12/13, the trade and service providers will reopen.
Our accommodation and catering establishments (except night gastronomy and après-ski restaurants) are allowed to open on 12/17 and thus start the winter season. The curfew was set at 11 p.m.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Mayrhofen to me has always felt like a party resort
Ideal for Boris Johnson and co. then Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris_n wrote:
@Tom H, today is a public holiday in Austria so if Sölden isn't open no one would be working to update any web pages.
News report in English
https://www.thelocal.at/20211208/breaking-these-covid-measures-to-apply-in-austria-from-sunday/

Thanks for the information Chris
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Morning. I’m sorry, I know it’s been discussed before but I can’t find it. What exactly is the mask rule on slopes and lifts please?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tiefschneetaucher, FFP2 mask required in gondolas and covered chairlifts, if the loading area of an open chairlift is covered then masks are required there too. Masks are not required on the slopes.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've just been told that Hochfügen and Hochzillertal will open on Saturday, 11th Dec. and, all being well, will be open now until the end of the season.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SaraJ, that’s great as I’d noticed previously it said the opening date was 13th for HochFugen and 17th or 18th for HochZillertal/Kaltenbach.
Glad they’ve brought it forward snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So excited for this trip on Monday now snowHead snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Far out. Not having much joy booking a replacement trip for our cancelled one to Obertauern next week.
Booked a hotel in Gerlos that showed availability then received an email this morning saying they've decided not to open til the 17th!!
Is it because I'm looking too close to Salzburg region?
Struggling and almost giving up but we missed last year, I told the kids this morn that we were going so I need to find something somewhere that will keep the fam happy. #
Any ideas closer to Munich than Obergurgl for a family ski trip with a hotel with a pool and childcare?
Kinderhotels only gave me the Gerlos one that then cancelled.
Sigh.
Appreciate this is a lot harder for people with actual problems!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Saltwood, You're going to have to compromise somewhere. Pool vs Childcare vs Ski in/out. Try these, you may not get everything you want but at least they are showing availability:

https://scol-hotel-zillertal.at/
https://www.hotel-schiestl.com/
https://www.hotel-hochzillertal.at/en/active-holidays/winter-in-the-zillertal-1/

I also going to reinforce what I said about staying in Germany. Massive snowfall there over the last 36 hours, conditions should be good. Lots of hotels in and around Oberstdorf showing vacancies, this is just one. https://www.schueles.com/de/hotel-resort/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Saltwood,

Maybe the Schermer hotel in Westendorf - it's not quite ski in / out but pretty close and it has a pool. Childcare is not something I know about but I do recall meeting people that seemed happy with it.

After that, have a look on the various resort websites, e.g. skiwelt.at, wilder kaiser.
latest report
@Saltwood, Seefeld is a possible, an hour or more nearer Munich than OberG. Only ever passed through myself though and the ski area isn't the biggest.

For nailed on good snow, simply due to its height I would still go to OberG but if you do choose it check back here once you pick the hotel as not all are truly ski to the door, although none are very far away from that.

To help if you do I would pick the Hotel Alpina.
snow report
Thanks so much all.
I thought, with Germany, the kids have to quarantine for five days? They are all under 12.
ski holidays
The height doesn't really matter at the moment. The whole of the Tyrol is covered in snow and it's still dumping down. For next week you could pick anywhere and it will be great.

Seefeld sounds like good option though on the basis it's pretty easy to get to.
ski holidays
Saltwood wrote:
Thanks so much all.
I thought, with Germany, the kids have to quarantine for five days? They are all under 12.

Sorry, missed that. Yes children under 12 must quarantine for 5 days. Guess that rules it out then.
snow conditions
Amazing, in contact with Schermer hotel now. They're very helpful and looks ideal! Really, really grateful. Hope this all works out!
Assume the snow will be OK in that area as it looks reasonably low.
Many, many hearty thanks and wishing you all a great, positive season of good snow.
snow report
Noymychashkachaia wrote:
I was also wondering what was the definition of an "apres-ski bar" as opposed to a "normal" bar!

A lot of confusion on here ...

Let me Clear it up..

It means that there can be NO MUSIK /BANDS playing..... Just very soft gentle background music like in a Doctors or Dentist Waiting Room

EVERYONE must be registered in & Seating assigned this applies to all Restaurants as well.

For Example ... The Mooserwirt or Krazy Kangaruh everyone knows them as Apres Ski joints but they can OPEN to just serve Food & Drink but no MUSIK..
2G Control Registrations (name accommodation ,phone number ) on Entry & strict assigned Seating.....

I guess its upto the Apres Ski Businesses themselves to decide if its Financially viable for them to Open or Close ....

Many in St Anton are opening !!
ski holidays
@Saltwood, Great news. Here's the link to the Ski Welt Childcare pages. Might be an option if the hotel can't do it. https://www.skiwelt.at/en/childcare-facilities.html
latest report
@andybomb1, forecast for warm front with rain early next week though.
latest report
Does that mean bad news for Skiwelt snow or does the forecast look OK? Don't need all of it open but enough for, say, 4 hours per day while the kids are in ski school.
snow report
oh please, anything but rain...we've waited an waited and waited for this!
snow report
"#Let me Clear it up.."

http://youtube.com/v/Sl-zC4olU3k

Very Happy
latest report
Saltwood wrote:
Does that mean bad news for Skiwelt snow or does the forecast look OK? Don't need all of it open but enough for, say, 4 hours per day while the kids are in ski school.

The whole place will be open. If it rains just go higher up. Westendorf has a nice area at the top and over into the back bowl so that should be possible for the duration of any rain without having to ski all the way back down to the village.
latest report
Perfect - sold. Thanks for the inside knowledge.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:

Many in St Anton are opening !!

better get your jabs to partake in the drinking festivities then
ski holidays
Currently im booked to fly to Innsbruck on Jan 8th, this seems like positive news for me, I wont be boosted though!
snow conditions
@Sarny, that's not a problem unless your last day is more than 270 days since your last vaccination.
latest report
Updated information regarding travelling with non-fully vaccinated teenagers:

"Children and adolescents between 12 and 15 years (compulsory education) fulfil the requirements of the 2G-regulation with regular PCR tests (it is expected that the tests are valid for 72 hours). NEW! This also applies to children travelling to Austria."
snow conditions
Thanks @Noymychashkachaia, whre is that posted ?

I assume though if the 12-15 year old already has proof of recovery per the normal 2G requirement, that overides the need for regular PCR tests anyway and there 2g proof of recovery will be sufficient ?
snow report
@Noymychashkachaia, source please, there is nothing in the press or on the official tourism site.
ski holidays
@Gazzza, if the child is recovered in the last 180 days that is 2G compliant, even if the information above is true that will override any testing.
snow report
Noymychashkachaia wrote:
Updated information regarding travelling with non-fully vaccinated teenagers:

"Children and adolescents between 12 and 15 years (compulsory education) fulfil the requirements of the 2G-regulation with regular PCR tests (it is expected that the tests are valid for 72 hours). NEW! This also applies to children travelling to Austria."

Have you lifted this from a FB group? Its not correct, sadly. Its from a tourist office who have got it wrong. There is nothing from the Austrian gov. Of course I'm happy, more than happy to be proven wrong. Ange.
snow conditions
I enquired about the situation with our 15 year old, who only has 1 jab , and this is the response from the hotel today -
On the 17th of December we can re-open our hotel with the following restrictions:
Everybody from 15 years need 2G regulation
Children between 12-15 years need a negative PCR test (every 48 hours)
Children under 12 years do not have to provide anything.

So seems like there could be an option for 12 to 15 year olds.
ski holidays
@summerseat, quote from official Austrian tourism website regarding tourists updated today.
Children under 12 years are currently exempt from entry rules; for minors between 12 and 15 years, a solution is being worked on.

Of course this may be out of date but I suspect someone has misinterpreted / misstranslated something, like @flangesax says I'm happy to be proved wrong.
snow report
Source was the Serfaus-fiss-Ladis tourist office (https://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en/Live/Current-Information-Winter#collapse-0-10). Perhaps they are the office that got it wrong (although they are normally quite reliable when it comes to this sort of information).
latest report
@Noymychashkachaia, it's always possible that someone there knows something the rest of us don't so will keep fingers crossed that things are updated tomorrow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy