Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
It seems official from the gruenerpass calculator:
https://gruenerpass.gv.at/en/geimpft/

120 days is just under 4 months so it won't affect any Austrians who get their booster at 4 months, but will affect any Brits who get theirs at 3 months.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Noymychashkachaia, sorry, I got the dates confused, you’re right it changed yesterday. But I’m still not seeing the problem for Brits vaxxed at 3 months? Can you explain what you mean?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It says that "there must be at least 120 days between the second and third vaccination" so will that not cause difficulties for anyone who has, say, a 95 day gap (or any other gap under 120 days) between the second and third vaccination as they won't fulfil this requirement? Or am I reading it incorrectly?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Noymychashkachaia, you are correct.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Noymychashkachaia, I think that’s just the date at which you become eligible for your booster in Austria. It seems unlikely foreigners would be punished for having their boosters earlier than that, and anyway you can show a paper certificate if the app won’t scan.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It’s just Upper Austria that have to wait until 17th Dec is it? For the moment? Based on the press information?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
It’s just Upper Austria that have to wait until 17th Dec is it? For the moment? Based on the press information?

From the APA: "However, the federal states can impose stricter measures - and some have already decided to do so: Upper Austria will remain in lockdown for everyone until 17 December. In Vienna, restaurants and hotels will not open until 20 December, with a broad FFP2 obligation and perhaps also "2G-Plus" in culture....Larger openings with strict security measures are to be made in Styria. Burgenland wants to open up broadly. Likewise Tyrol and Vorarlberg (with conditions)"
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ptex, thanks. I guess we will have to see what the conditions are for Tirol then!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good job I’d booked that Munich flight last week because the price has increased by £25 already. It may just be that it’s within 7 days of travel but at least that’s one of the tests covered (sort of) snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Are there any noises coming out of Salzburg yet? We’re headed to Obertauern…
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Our Airbnb landlord told me that the new chancellor have a speech yesterday and is expected to speak again today. Apparently it's looking like things will open up after the 11th of Dec.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Tiefschneetaucher, the Government, Federal States, various experts etc are meeting this morning to discuss how Austria exits lockdown. Several States have already declared they will extend lockdown until the 17th. Others may open up more gradually. I couldn’t see any (very quick look as just going out for a ski Toofy Grin ) news specific to Salzburgerland.

I’m sure there will be news a little later. As mentioned in earlier comments, Upper Austria and Salzburgerland both declared lockdown until the 17th, originally. This was then followed by the National lockdown decision until the 12th. Upper Austria will remain in lockdown, as they originally stated. It’s possible Salzburgerland will do the same but all will depend on their ICU bed availability. Currently, the infection rates in both States are similar (slightly lower in UA). Both are seeing fairly hefty decreases in infection numbers.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any idea what sort of time we can expect the announcement?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Noymychashkachaia, The press conference starts at 13.00 UTC+1. A decent writeup should be available a couple of hours after it finishes, so probably around 16.00.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarlet wrote:
@Noymychashkachaia, The press conference starts at 13.00 UTC+1. A decent writeup should be available a couple of hours after it finishes, so probably around 16.00.

Thanks @Scarlet - it's going to be a long wait today!
snow conditions
@Noymychashkachaia, You can follow the live blog at tt.com from 13.00 if you have time.
ski holidays
Press conference has started - 45 minutes late!
ski holidays
From the Press conference:

Gastronomy: 2G rule, curfew at 11 p.m., FFP mask away from the seat, registration required
2G rule also for body-hugging services such as hairdressing
still 3G rule and FFP2 compulsory in the workplace
Maximum number of people without seats: 25 people indoors, 300 people outdoors
Upper limit with assigned seats: indoor 2000 people, outdoor 4000 people

Tirol has confirmed that they will adopt the federal regulations (and not impose any additional stricter regulations).
snow report
It might be useful to some but I've just bought some day 2 PCR tests for £15 from Rainbow Labs. The catch is you have to pick the test kit up nearish Earls Court / West Kensington. I've bought flow tests from them in the past and everything went as planned so it's not a scam.
snow report
Does anyone have a transcript of the press conference. My brother in law saying all apres closed.
snow report
I think your BIL is correct @boabski:

https://liveblog.tt.com/414/coronavirus
snow conditions
More information here:

https://www.thelocal.at/20211208/breaking-these-covid-measures-to-apply-in-austria-from-sunday/

I am assuming that as they didn't mention additional requirements for accommodation that it's just the normal 2G that applies.
latest report
@Noymychashkachaia, thanks
snow report
I realise that the above summary in The Local is merely a summary, but I wonder how they distinguish between “bars” (allowed to open until 11.00pm), and “après-ski bars” (must remain closed).
snow report
I was also wondering what was the definition of an "apres-ski bar" as opposed to a "normal" bar!
snow conditions
Noymychashkachaia wrote:
I was also wondering what was the definition of an "apres-ski bar" as opposed to a "normal" bar!

Any bar situated in Ischgl Very Happy
snow conditions
@Noymychashkachaia, live, or at least loud, music?
ski holidays
Im assuming any indoor bar. Please tell me that outdoor apres up the mountain will still be allowed?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Noymychashkachaia wrote:

Ability to serve food??
snow report
Well this is looking promising. Salzburg wants to open hotels on the 17th and we’re arriving on the 18th. Talk about cutting it fine!
ski holidays
Supposed to be going Obertauern, Salzbugerland 19th - 26th December
Flying in/out Salzburg
Staying in Hotel

We are all double vaccinated

I'm reading that as we are Green For Go ?!?
Probably have to mask in gondolas

And get fleeced for Day 2 PCR tests on our return to UK

...Does that sound about right?............................
latest report
@Earlydoors, @Tiefschneetaucher, The pressure is that most hotels and apartment owners are receiving their Christmas guests on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th. Any failure to open on 18th would cost businesses dear. You should both be fine. I'd double check with your airline on flights though, that could still be a spanner in the works.
snow report
Is the Voralberg open from 13th please?
ski holidays
Ah, if flight cancelled, we can always hop in the car. Wow. Wasn't expecting this, had totally written off my Xmas skiing holiday.

There is only one gondola in Obertauern by the way so you can get around almost the entire resort just on chairlifts. Which is why we thought it was a good place to go!
latest report
@Earlydoors, yes correct and definitely will have to wear FFP2 mask in gondolas.
ski holidays
@Mike Pow, yes
ski holidays
Chris_n wrote:
@Mike Pow, yes

Thanks very much
snow conditions
Masks also required on loading areas for chairlifts and t-bars here - very well observed by everyone today! Hardly an issue, to be honest.

Awesome conditions, incidentally Very Happy
ski holidays
Do I read it correctly - can fly into salzburg on the 12th?
snow report
Cacciatore wrote:

Awesome conditions, incidentally Very Happy

Didn't really want to rub that in snowHead but it was awesome.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy