Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TUI ski holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i am hoping, (you know what allowing) that i can go off to the slopes next season (2020-21) new year, and am hoping to fly with TUI. am unsure what im allowed to take, i would like to bring my skis and boots, but also i want to bring some hand luggage, does anyone know the terms and conditions, the website is super confusing!!

cheers,
the alpine skier
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on the size of the plane - it will tell you at time of booking.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski carriage is something like £50 and baggage allowance 20Kg (I carry my boots in my hold bag), not sure how much you can as 'hand' luggage.

Crystal Ski is part of TUI -- have a look at their website for more info
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
is it true that you cant have double ski bags onboard if anyone knows?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"...With a growing number of skiers and snowboarders taking their own equipment on holiday, charter airlines are finding it increasingly difficult to cope with the extra weight and handling of these items. This has increased the risk of luggage being off-loaded from aircraft. In common with all other major winter sports operators, we have therefore introduced a system to improve the reliability of ski/snowboard carriage as a paid for service. Ski carriage can be purchased per set of skis or snowboard and not per bag, with a maximum weight limit of 15kg. If you're planning to take two sets of skis or two snowboards in one bag, you must purchase two ski carriage extras, however the total weight must not exceed 23kg...."

From the Crystal Ski website

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/our-policies/terms-and-conditions/transport-information/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have been quoted £20 per flight for ski carriage if booking liftpasses otherwise £40 per flight Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've flown TUI/Crystal for the past 2 Feb half terms from BRS/EXT on B738's. Once you've booked you get an EMAIL with links to the TUI airlines website to pre-book other stuff like seat allocation etc. One of the options is extra hold baggage allowances. From memory you get 20Kg hold baggage included, but you can up that to 25Kg (£9 each way) or 30Kg (£dunno). I usually go for 25Kg as that allows me to put my boots, a bottle of Uncle Jack and a weeks worth of budgie smugglers in my suitcase.

Hand baggage I reserve for a notebook PC, packet of Jaffa cakes and any high value stuff.

No guarantee the rules will be the same this year though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It might depend on where you are flying to for your trip. I did a trip with Crystal earlier this year with flights to Turin and they gave a choice of airlines to fly with (Easyjet, Jet2 etc). I seem to remember that the baggage and ski carriage charges were as per the airlines' booking conditions, not set by TUI/Crystal.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
one 'Gotcha' is that not all flights are TUI, the used a third party (might be jet2) on some flights last year and the previous year. The issue I had was that on the third party flights ski carriage capacity seems to be very limited. Having said that last year they did discount ski carriage if you
booked the ski pass through them.
from memory the minimum hold luggage allowance is 20kg, although you can buy extra at booking, for ease I usually book extra and put ski books in the bag as part of the hold luggage. Ski carriage is limited I think to 10kg and also by length, the cost is reasonable, especially if they are discounting. you also get a piece of hand luggage. They do allow you to combine hold luggage allowances within a group.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I usually go for 25Kg as that allows me to put my boots, a bottle of Uncle Jack and a weeks worth of budgie smugglers in my suitcase.

@Judwin, 25kg. Do you really needs all that lead lined underwear. The radiation levels at altitude are not really that bad.

The last time one's wife and one flew to go skiing we put all our stuff, including two pairs of boots into one 22kg Easyjet hold bag.

I did meet two friends at Luton airport once who had been bumped of a Birmingham to Geneva flight and driven down to Luton for the Luton to Geneva flight. The reason - too many men on the flights. aparently takeoff weights are based on the average weight of male and female passengers. This flight had very few females onboard so they offered the bump and my friends took it. So then had an even higher percentage of men.

What I don't understand is why they get so strict on luggage weight yet ignore passenger weight. Why should a 65kg passsenger with 25kg of luggage have to pay extra, whereas an 80kg passenger be allowed 20kgs of luggage?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thank you all for all your kind words and helpful insight. i think i will probably put the boots either in the luggage bag or in my hand luggage. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy