Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Ski Team

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The french team are training here atm, have been since the glacier opened on 6th. In fact they have almost exclusive use of it, no public access until 27th. They train here regularly but this year there are more here. It makes you appreciate what an enormous setup they have. There must be about 20 FFS minibuses around plus vans from Salomon, Rossignol, Dynastar, Head, etc. Yesterday as I was having a pint a convoy, 3 Clément Noël vans, emblazoned with his name drove past. The top guys are in Chalet Mounier (4*, Michelin 1* restaurant), others are in Chamois Lodge which is nice and others still in a new large chalet. All of them opened early especially. My balcony overlooks the garage at the rear of Chalet Mounier where they store their skis. A couple of years ago as they left I couldn't believe the enormous quantity they had. I believe they're not all here though, others such as Pinturault are in Val d'Isere.

Great publicity for the resort and the hotels. Regular press briefings, etc. Chalet Mounier even published who was in each room.

Makes you realise too what an achievement it is for any Brit to get anywhere near the big boys given their meagre resource.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Totally agree with that last point!

Apparently conditions are amazing on the glacier at the moment - one of my son’s friend’s Dads is a coach for the women’s team and he reckons best conditions for at least 10 years (plus super quiet as the Italian team and others would normally be there now but are staying home...).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@offpisteskiing, From photos and videos I've seen yes, best since 2013 apparently. If it's not too busy on Saturday, first day it's open to the public, I might pop up.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
offpisteskiing wrote:

Apparently conditions are amazing on the glacier at the moment - one of my son’s friend’s Dads is a coach for the women’s team and he reckons best conditions for at least 10 years

soggy, I heard, or rather going from rock hard to soggy very quickly
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Warming up this week certainly. Week before last there was 55cm of new snow during the week.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy