Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which P&V Le Village Arc 1950 residence to choose?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have booked a 2 bedroomed standard apartment with Pierre et Vacances for 13-20 Dec (luckily it can be cancelled up to 11 Dec if Covid 19 prevents us travelling). The confirmation mentions that we can specify a building after booking (not Prince des Cimes, though). We are two adults and a seven year old. We would like a building that is quiet at night (no street noise), has spacious apartments and that has easy access to swimming pool without going outdoors. The options are Jardins de la Cascade, Refuge du Montagnard or Hameau du Glacier. Is there anything between them, quality-wise, and have you any room/floor/aspect tips?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As Arc 1950 is a pedestrianised village, you won't be affected by road noise at all, except possibly some of the apartments that overlook the road up to Arc 2000 but the traffic is very limited on that road and is unlikely to disturb you. Generally the village is very quiet, there is only one bar that some people find noisy and none of the residences you have mentioned are particularly close to it. I don't know what the status is of the nightclub at the moment, others may know if it is likely to be open but you could request to be further away from it, if necessary. However, the only access to a swimming pool without going outside is the Hameau. You will have to cross the covered bridge (passerelle) to go to the Prince Des Cimes, as that is the only one with an indoor pool in that part of the village. Although they say that the other residences have swimming pools, they are outside and in 15 years of going to the village, I have never known it warm enough in the winter to use them! The little used sauna and steam room in the Hameau is very good too!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the comprehensive advice Little Angel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed in Hameau du Glacier in January. Our apartment was overlooking the boot room exit and ski slope into the resort. It was very quiet, and as @Molly140, says there isn't much noise in 1950 anyway. It was a good location as we could watch the piste bashers doing their thing of an evening and in the morning, which my son loved. It was easy enough to get from Hameau to the Prince de Cimes indoor pool via the footbridge. The apartment maybe needed a bit of an upgrade - having not stayed in any of the other buildings, I don't know if they are any better. But it was perfectly fine, clean and did the job, and reception were very friendly and helpful.

If you go for Hameau, I'd ask which way the apartment is facing, as we were in a superior. Not sure if that makes a difference for slope or street facing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, think I will ask for slope facing, too. We're early to bed and early to rise.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy