Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

U10 9 year old racer - any suggestions 120cm ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter is going to be a 2nd year U10 next season she is very small so she was still in a 110cm Dynastar that was a nice ski. I have more options moving into a 120cm next season for her and I know Fischer is an option now as well. She is doing well at GS vs the stubbies so looking for a nice fast multi-event ski. I may stick to the Dynastar SL team or she was in Rosi Heros the year before essentially the same ski and good for her as she is small lightweight but a little beast ,). Any suggestions that you have for a 120cm I should take a look at?

Thanks all
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there very much (actually appreciable) difference between them?

Surely at her age graphics suitably matching/clashing with her boots/race suit/helmet is more of a priority?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1. Ask her coach
2. Ask her coach
3. Bartletts?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As UANN says in my experience there’s very little difference. One year all the parents will be convinced Fischers are stiffer/turn better etc, the next year it’ll be a different ski. The Chamonix race club nearly all use exactly the same ski (whatever they get a deal on I think!) which suggests the whole debate about one brand being better than another for certain types of skier might be moot.

We use ski clinic in cluses for a lot of our kids racing gear, they tend to have consistently good prices. My kids have been through most of the major brands and struggle to tell much difference.

You might want to think more about length as well - my daughter was 9 this ski season (now 10) and was on a 140 for GS (Dynastar multi event something or other), 120 is quite short for snow GS. One of her peers is on a 150. Even my daughters SL ski is a 126.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@beantownace, Ask her coach. Some brands produce a race department brochure that shows the suggested lengths for age/weight/height ranges.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Does she race/train on dry slope, dome or mountain?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy