Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why I support the ski club

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been a member of the ski club for about 30 years. I am not enamoured by all of the club's policies but overall I remain supportive. I have so far refrained from responding to some of the stuff that has appeared on this forum in the last two days.

I particulary disliked the nastiness of the poster that said the ski club was run by hooray henries for hooray henries. My father was a shoe repairer and my mother was from a Welsh mining family. I would love to hear somebody call me a hooray henry to my face.

I was not able to afford skiing until I was 25. When I started most of the Brits seemed to be low standard skiers, with cheap ski gear and I was sking in small Italian resorts. In about my fifth year we stepped up a level and went to Val d'Isere where I was introduced to the SCGB. I saw these people and suddenly I realised that there were British skiers that could actually ski. Not only that, I went off piste for the first time and a whole new world opened up to me.

The following year I went on a ski club off piste instruction holiday and have skied off piste as much as possible ever since. In summary the ski club firstly raised my skiing horizons and secondly also offered the means by which I could get so much more out of sking as a sport. I have not used the club's services every year however I have always retained my membership.

I live about five miles from the club house but I have only been there once. It's nowhere near the centre of Wimbledon and to use it is almost as impractical for me as it is for most people. To state that it is a club for solely for people in the south east is nonsense. The club's greatest strengths by far throughout my membership, are the services it offers it's members in the mountains.

That is why I and others like me, get a little bit annoyed by some of the knocking that goes on on Snowheads and I will defend the club when the knocking goes too far.

I have started this separate thread because on several of the several SCGB threads active at the moment a number of Snowheads have said that it is time the SCGB forum was dropped. I totally agree.

We have one Snowhead and ski club member i.e. David Goldsmith/Abominble Snowhead etc. etc. who has a real downer on the ski club. He is ruining the SCGB board itself and I think it's time Snowheads' owners stopped him ruining Snowheads.

I can understand people discussing whether the ski club is good value and worth joining or not, but anything beyond that does not really have a place here in my view.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
richjp, that was a great post, but why launch another personal attack in the penultimate para? What does it achieve?

It's the personal attacks that damage snowHeads, not a bit of spirited discussion about our Club, which you and I have belonged to for several decades ... but which 97% of British skiers don't belong to.

I've no downer on the Ski Club at all. You and 30,000 fellow skiers comprise the Ski Club, and I've no negative feelings about any fellow skier. The Club can be expanded from the roots of growing numbers of skiers ... as can snowHeads.

Thanks for mis-representing me ... I'll promise not to reciprocate!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, he's telling you how he sees you! I pretty much see you the same way, as do others. You want the ski club to accept criticism, but maybe you should accept and act on some yourself? Or do you think you're beyond criticism? I don't see much honesty in the way you present the club. I see many misleading statements from you plus a great willingness to evade any awkward questions.

It's time for you to stop typing and to start reading what other write. It's time for you to stop restating the same stuff over and over again while totally ignoring any and all counter-arguments. If you want to change the club, I suggest you stand for a place on council. Have a mandate and see how many votes you get. Sadly, I doubt you have the courage of you convictions to stand before the voting members, which is rather sad.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tim, it's best (advice which I'd counsel you to heed yourself) not to name and diss a fellow member of a Club in a thread which has a positive and constructive heading.

The strongest arguments are based on facts, evidence, analysis and argument. Or just plain personal experience, as per richjp's post. If the argument is sound, there's no need to have a go at someone else - it just diminishes the positive points being made.

[I served the Club on Council, by the way, and was voted in against strong opposition. I'd prefer not to stand again - it's fairer to give other members a crack at it, and we have over 20,000 potential candidates]
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, well i council you to listen to what people tell you. If you don't actually want to run the club then i advise you to vote for the candidates that appeal best to you and stop trying to change it from outside.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 24-04-06 0:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, Go away. Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, by the way, you shouldn't regard personal criticism as disrespect or abuse.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sure

Goodnight!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tim Brown wrote:
David Goldsmith, by the way, you shouldn't regard personal criticism as disrespect or abuse.

Though it becomes so if it becomes systematic or incessant. Confused
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy