Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Black Crows all marketing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am after a new set of ski's, I have asked before on here & I got it down to Rossignol Experience 84's in a 184 length, As I currently have & like the experience 80's they sounded spot on but I wasn't sure about the 184 length, I am only 175 tall but unfortunately I weigh 100Kg.
I do 90% piste skiing & do like to carve a turn but I want something a bit more all mountain to help me get through the chopped up crud at the end of the day & pop off the side every now and again
BUT the thing is for some reason I keep getting drawn to Black Crows , I got the 12 year old a pair for his Christmas & he loves them, I have looked & the Captis & Vertis versions seem to fit the bill for me on paper, but paper doesn't mention weight, are they for the super slim French or real people.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, it's not all marketing (though their marketing is certainly very effective) Black Crow make some good skis. Most will still have the 'boutique' edge over bigger brands.

If I were you I'd talk to Jon at the Piste Office as he can sell you pretty much any ski, and is across all the models and their character.

I may well be wrong, but my perception (from talking to others) is that Black Crows have become a lot softer in recent seasons, so maybe not the ideal choice for your specs. Again, Jon would know better then I.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.backcountryuk.com/black-crows-skis-256-c.asp

On sale here. Not sure about weight they're intended for, but does include weight of the skis though
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For your stats and requirements nothing at sensible money beats the Blizzard Brahma 82 or 88 with a sturdy flat mounted binding. If you have a bigger budget then there's Kastle and Stockli.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy