Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

(Optimistically) NW Italy in Feb 2021 half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello hello!

So lots of options to consider. Had a good think about it and narrowed down my thinking - no1 point is a resort that isn't as busy. no2 point is getting some sort of lessons for the youngest, who turns 4 in resort.

Do the SH collective have any knowledge on ski schools that will take that age and, if so, if they do full day? I have emailed Cervinia, Gressoney, Sestriere and Sauze ski schools but obviously awaiting replies given the time of year...

Annoyingly a lot of the accommodation in north Italy is 30% non-refundable deposit (or worse) at the moment, although Gressoney currently has some fully refundable options.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went to Gressoney when my girls were a bit older but we stayed with Esprit. The eldest was definitely in all day lessons (unusual for Esprit and driven by local ski school) the youngest we new wasn’t ready for all day in ski school so despite it being her having gone a few times before we put her in a lower esprit group to ensure we WASNT in all day lessons. Also the place the ski school uses for lunch was stand up only toilets. My eldest did not like this at all!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Still waiting for the Italian ski schools to fully reply, understandably not actively monitoring email at the moment.

Whilst I idly wait, what do we think about Serre Che for the half term week. The excellent Snowheads holiday summary says that it's a biggy (13-20 Feb) as it's A and C from France...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Badbobby, with 2/3 of France including Paris, UK, Belgium, South NL all on holiday I would say that it would be as bad as it ever could be in a normal year.

Brexit, Covid, who knows?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DJL, ha! That's what I figured!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Badbobby, we were there for half term this year. We used Ski Connections for Ski school which meet at the bottom of Aravet (Villeneuve) - the ski school were really good BUT that lift is slow and old with a low upload capacity, so the queues formed massively as soon as they started or finished the lessons at that point.

We were staying in Chantemerle which coped much better with uplift at those peak times. Another choke point we found were the lifts coming up from Briancon - which caught us out when we headed that way in our morning while kids were in ski school. Ended up getting back late to ski school meet point. Thankfully my sister and her partner were in Snowboarding lessons so looked after our kids until we arrived.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NickyJ, thank you. I was looking at the piste map and wondering if the areas with multiple upload lifts would fair better or if there was simply more accommodation to cram on them!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Badbobby, oh and highly recommend the people we stayed with - Pinewood Chalets. We stayed in this place

https://www.pinewoodchalets.com/pinewood-lodge

As we were 7 adults and 7 children and paid them to come over and cater. They have various sized and shaped apartments as well as a budget catered chalet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Badbobby wrote:
@NickyJ, thank you. I was looking at the piste map and wondering if the areas with multiple upload lifts would fair better or if there was simply more accommodation to cram on them!

Despite the issue with the uplift I would still make the same choice again - as the ski school were very good and met everybody’s needs all 7 children in lessons - inc private lessons due to my daughters ASD (we shared the instructor with my niece and nephew and another snowheads son who was staying some where else in resort). We had 2 first time on snow children, 3 second week on snow children, two beginner snowboarders (just reach the main slope ready at Hemel). Plus a second week adult, and my eldest who ended up in the top adult group which they were making as teenage as possible. All there needs were met really well.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Monterosa especially over half term as it was quiet when we went a few years ago over half term!

Champoluc better base for young kids/parents than Gressoney in my view.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy