Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Chief Exec resigns

Poster: A snowHead
Hamilton Academical wrote:

So I think jealously is the driving force here.

If that were the case, wouldn’t we all just join (or re-join) SCGB? Or are we not ‘elite’ enough to benefit?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BobinCH, most people here are very clear that in view the Ski Club should stop organising holidays for its members.

They insist the holidays are for elitists and that the Reps who run them (in the same way admin runs his trips) shouldn’t by on them.

No they aren’t. The concern I read is that holidays (for the few at a considerable cost) are subsidized by membership fees paid by the many. Whatever, if you weren’t here constantly abusing everyone, and there was some level of positive engagement from the SCGB leadership the clubs reputation on here would certainly improve. Why that doesn’t happen is a mystery to me. Ego, elitism, jealousy perhaps? Maybe someone has a better explanation?

“This one guy and his tribe of oddballs have an active forum and are organizing popular holidays at a fraction of the cost than we can…” What exactly would SH be jealous of?

Afraid you are lost in delusions of grandeur that prevent you seeing the wood from the trees.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 16-01-22 9:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red Leon wrote:

If that were the case, wouldn’t we all just join (or re-join) SCGB? Or are we not ‘elite’ enough to benefit?

People here keep claiming the Ski Club is only for ‘toffs’ etc. It’s a case of inverted snobbery.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Red Leon wrote:

People here keep claiming the Ski Club is only for ‘toffs’ etc. It’s a case of inverted snobbery.

Well the guiding’s gone, the website info is poor and all the holidays cost upwards of £1500. It’s hardly for the masses is it?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BobinCH wrote:
@BobinCH, most people here are very clear that in view the Ski Club should stop organising holidays for its members.

They insist the holidays are for elitists and that the Reps who run them (in the same way admin runs his trips) shouldn’t by on them.

No they aren’t. The concern I read is that holidays (for the few at a considerable cost) are subsidized by membership fees paid by the many. Whatever, if you weren’t here constantly abusing everyone, and there was some level of positive engagement from the SCGB leadership the clubs reputation on here would certainly improve. Why that doesn’t happen is a mystery to me. Ego, elitism, jealousy perhaps? Maybe someone has a better explanation?

The holidays ran very nicely for decades, producing a modest profit. It was only when under the direction of a terrible CEO that they lost money.

Obviously Covid caused losses, just like for everything else. The Ski Club has financial reserves to see it through Covid though.

These reserves of cash were built up over decades to see the Club through hard times.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BobinCH wrote:
Red Leon wrote:

Well the guiding’s gone, the website info is poor and all the holidays cost upwards of £1500. It’s hardly for the masses is it?

People can go course only and sort out cheaper accommodation if they like and many do do that.

And the ‘guiding’ has been replaced with something else.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Ski Club has financial reserves to see it through Covid though.
These reserves of cash were built up over decades to see the Club through hard times.

Hmmm. Didn’t I read somewhere that the Club had sold a property for a big gain? If so, that can hardly be included in cash reserves ‘build up over decades’
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Red Leon wrote:
The Ski Club has financial reserves to see it through Covid though.

Hmmm. Didn’t I read somewhere that the Club had sold a property for a big gain? If so, that can hardly be included in cash reserves ‘build up over decades’

We had cash reserves before that.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BobinCH wrote:
lost in delusions of grandeur that prevent you seeing the wood from the trees.

Good tagline for the SCGB.

@Gerry still doesn't get it, you can't pin every failing on a rogue CEO and say everything is fine now he's gone. The same cliquey "good chap" atmosphere that appointed that individual and others with colossal hubris about tripling membership and running music festivals is still there. It is a very expensive/ elitist TO. It shows no interest in putting together value trips for younger people. It has a take it or leave it attitude towards its peer to peer app when it should be goig all in on that.

No wonder he appears to have lost his marbles completely and is spaying all over here in incoherent rage.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

No wonder he…. is spaying all over here in incoherent rage.

That’s it, I’m off. I have no wish to be spayed, and especially not by a raging plumber.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
lost in delusions of grandeur that prevent you seeing the wood from the trees.

Good tagline for the SCGB.

@Gerry still doesn't get it, you can't pin every failing on a rogue CEO and say everything is fine now he's gone. The same cliquey "good chap" atmosphere that appointed that individual and others with colossal hubris about tripling membership and running music festivals is still there. It is a very expensive/ elitist TO. It shows no interest in putting together value trips for younger people. It has a take it or leave it attitude towards its peer to peer app when it should be goig all in on that.

No wonder he appears to have lost his marbles completely and is spaying all over here in incoherent rage.

Obviously the facts as they are don't suit your anti-Ski Club (of GB) agenda, which is why you tend to get all silly.

A weeks skiing with half board and a guide or instructor is what the members seem to want. Ordinary people go on these trips, that're not exclusively for the rich. The accommodation is often a Mark Warner type chalet hotel, although you can stay where you like and just pay for the course. People from all over the UK go one them, they aren't just for people from London and the South East. Many of the members who now live in London and the South East actually come from other parts of the UK.

It would appear that knocking the Ski Club has become a major hobby and large part of your online existence. You should consider getting a life.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BobinCH wrote:
[

Afraid you are lost in delusions of grandeur that prevent you seeing the wood from the trees.

Says some rich bloke with a large house near the centre of Verbier.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It would appear that knocking SnowHeads has become a major hobby and large part of my online existence. I should consider getting a life.

FIFY Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

A weeks skiing with half board and a guide or instructor is what the members seem to want. Ordinary people go on these trips, that're not exclusively for the rich. The accommodation is often a Mark Warner type chalet hotel, although you can stay where you like and just pay for the course. People from all over the UK go one them, they aren't just for people from London and the South East. Many of the members who now live in London and the South East actually come from other parts of the UK.

Really! Could he be more condescending Shocked

"Ordinary people"

"not exclusively for the rich"

"People from all over the UK go one them" by inference, some ordinary people of northern heritage perhaps ? "they aren't just for people from London"
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ski3 wrote:

Really! Could he be more condescending Shocked

"Ordinary people"

"not exclusively for the rich"

"People from all over the UK go one them" by inference, some ordinary people of northern heritage perhaps ? "they aren't just for people from London"

This is in reply to the usual rubbish that gets spouted on here about the Ski Club only being for rich people. Yeah, it's for ordinary people who like skiing and boarding. What's condescending about reaffirming that? Puzzled
latest report
MorningGory wrote:
It would appear that knocking SnowHeads has become a major hobby and large part of my online existence. I should consider getting a life.

FIFY Very Happy

Have to disagree with that last sentence, coz he’s only adding clicks. wink
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
[

Says some rich bloke with a large house near the centre of Verbier.

If he actually owns a house in the middle of Fkn Verbier, which is pretty Fkn grand (relatively speaking), then how TF is he deluded, you muppet?!

… I think jealously is the driving force here.
snow report

I haven't noticed any jealousy. I don't want SCGB to stop organising holidays. Reliable sources who have been on bashes and SCGB trips assure me that the way SCGB runs its holidays is not the same as the way admin runs the bashes.
snow report
@Pruman,
Quote:
...as you are still a Director...

You really are a clueless idiot. I hold dominion over whether I'm a director, or not and I am not. I stopped being one when I retired. The fact I'm still listed as one is totally irrelevant.

I'm a clueless idiot or the fellow you think is me is a clueless idiot? Either way, let's consider the clueless idiot spectrum shall we? You 'resigned' in November - ie you informed the Club in November that you wanted to no longer be a Director. They should have immediately informed Companies House (or at least inside 14 days) but they failed to do so, and you failed to follow up on it, even though it is so simple and quick to do. In the eyes of Companies House you are still a Director and still legally an officer of the company. And the reason is simple, even for you - imagine a situation where any Director could claim that they ceased to be a Director retrospectively thereby potentially avoiding any legal consequences of not carrying out their fiduciary duties correctly. Chronology is important. Sorry, don't blame the messenger and welcome to the clueless idiot club.

On this subject, a concerned Hamilton Academical said on Facebook:

Quote:
Angus Maciver, btw, the company law 'experts' over on snowHeads have stated that, as I'm still listed as a Directorat Companies House, I'm legally still a Director, even though I resigned in November 2021. Would you like to comment on that?

@Pruman,
Quote:
He also goes after me thinking I'm someone who isn't me

How do I know who you are? Well, simple really, you were posting grumpy comments on the Ski Club forum and then repeating them on here within minutes.

Simply reading someone else's grumpy comments and then relaying them to a forum where open debate is celebrated, is far from being the actual person making the original grumpy comments - even if I agree with them Laughing . Well done Sherlock.

For me it just makes business sense to stop doing something that loses money. Far better to use a panel of tour operators who pay over a guaranteed commission and take all the risk, have all the hassle, absorb the head office overhead.

Hmmm, the same crowd that used to binge the night away at the Hurlingham Club for the Ski Club Ball, still make up the core membership. They are toffs or certainly near-toffs in my view, no question about it, and maybe you are just their forelock-tugging working class curiosity. A bit of rough the ladies might say. It's true that there are less toffs but the toff mentality prevails. You'd fit in much better on a Snowheads bash (duck)
snow report
Saying holidays are expensive is not the same as saying the entire club that constitute them is full of toffs. For instance I'm sure there are many people larging it up on a Dubai extravaganza who are closer to trade than (ancestral) tapestry. Any accounts of toffery, braying, red corduroy wearing etc probably come from direct anecdotal experience.
latest report
What I find really incomprehensible about SCGB is the fact that it has made no effort to engage properly with ordinary members some of whom like me still use Snowheads as the open access ski forum that the SCGB used to provide. As far as I can discern, two SCGB council members have contributed posts to Snowheads but merely as individuals. One of these has, IMHO, done little to attract new members and is repeatedly aggressive and insulting. The other is aggrieved at the way he was expelled from the council and is still campaigning for change.
snow report
@Jehu, There was a SCGB forum on here but it was destroyed by two socks that are still here (under different name changes) PJski and Tim Brown. Both allegedly sometime directors of SCGB.
snow conditions
Quote:

There was a SCGB forum on here

I see no reason why that can’t continue here? A separate thread for ordinary SCGB members to chat among themselves, might be useful and quite popular.

They would first have to wash their minds of the facetious false propaganda about snowHead that they’ve been fed over the years, allegedly.
snow conditions
@AL9000, https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=e65e8c39d7aff271833532e42ae5f719
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, Shocked
Never knew that existed.
latest report
AL9000- Been there since 2006 until 2017 when it got 'archived' I would expect it will disapear again now that someone just posted to it. Laughing
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, Sh/t!! Sorry Little Angel

Hat’s off to Admin & Co for making the effort to set that facility up for the SCGB members though. Certainly puts Gerry Hamilton’s delusions of animosity into perspective #awkward!
snow report
@Gerald David AITKEN

I'm not a "company law expert" but I do know how to search for information in the public domain.

Why don't you have a look at the SCGB website - you'll see that there are various coucil members/directors listed, one of whom is you, so as far as SCGB is concerned you are still a council member/director.
In the past SCGB have been slow in notifying Companies House of your "In" "Out" "In" "Out" movements, for example

Appointed 29 November 2005 reported to Companies House on form 288a dated 15/02/2006 reported by Co House 21/02/2006
Resigned on 27 November 2008 reported to Companies House on form 288b dated 10/01/2009 reported by Co House 01/02/2009
Usual residential address: <redacted - personal details>
Business/Occupation Tiling Contractor

Appointed 24 November 2011 AP01 received by Co House and reported 30/10/2012
Resigned on 19 November 2015 TM01 received by Co House and reported 11/12/2015
Occupation Buildign (sic) Contractor
Service address = registered office

Appointed 14 November 2019 AP01 received by Co House and reported 22/12/2019.
Occupation Director.

Given that SCGB are not paying attention to details such as your wishes, it's probably best that you stick to the day job and save up for your retirement.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowHead
boredsurfin wrote:
@Jehu, There was a SCGB forum on here but it was destroyed by two socks that are still here (under different name changes) PJski and Tim Brown. Both allegedly sometime directors of SCGB.

Allegedy? Clearly Gerry and The Academicals.

Such a brilliant move by Admin to continue to allow a SCGB director to post such disgustingly rude comment. Must be costing the SCGB ( alongside the " snowHead 'R Us" debacle thousands of members / trips.

Really, a great shame for UK skiing but hey, folks like Trevor have had enough opportunity to stop it.
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
AL9000- Been there since 2006 until 2017 when it got 'archived' I would expect it will disapear again now that someone just posted to it. Laughing
It was archived long long long before 2017.

Originally the SCGB forum was set up, in 2004, because, the nature of snowHeads' naissance resulted in a plethora of different threads about SCGB in The Piste. Being ski related, this was the appropriate place for them but there were so many that the subject was swamping the other activity, to a degree.
The dedicated forum was setup to give a home to these discussions and liberate The Piste for more general ski-related discourse. In this it was effective however I was accused by some at the SCGB of setting it up to encourage criticism of their club rolling eyes
Obviously this was nonsense since the criticism already existed, as a result of the way they handled the closure of their forum. I just tidied it all off into its own corner, so it didn't get in the way.

Some time later, the quantity of discussion about the SCGB had ebbed away to a more proportionate level so there seemed no ongoing need for the dedicated forum and it was archived. This meant it's content would still be available for those who wished to refer to it but left any new threads to appear in The Piste as normal. I was then accused of trying to hide discussion about the club rolling eyes
snow report
@admin, I hope you have started writing a brief history of snowHeads so far Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
snowHead
boredsurfin wrote:

Allegedy? Clearly Gerry and The Academicals.

Such a brilliant move by Admin to continue to allow a SCGB director to post such disgustingly rude comment. Must be costing the SCGB ( alongside the " snowHead 'R Us" debacle thousands of members / trips.

Really, a great shame for UK skiing but hey, folks like Trevor have had enough opportunity to stop it.

Aren't you just a poor little innocent abused?

Your rather big, rude, ignorant mouth has also been called out in the past:

stoat of the dead wrote:
Agenterre,
Quote:
my only exposure to the SKGB it the senseless, rude, personalised kicking of shoite out of fellow SKGB members that has happened on this forum. Gawd knows ( and why would I want to be a member after that gratuous self-flagellation) what their behaviour is like behind their own walls. Why would anyone want to find out ?
nice rounded view, ignoring all the thousands of posts by many SKGB members here which have been about nothing to do with the SKGB - and that some of the nastiest stuff on here has been snowHead-on-snowHead.

Boredsurfing - oh come on... don't make me go all Goldsmithian on you and dig out examples... we have had this argument before. But in the end - it isn't a religion and anyone can say what on earth they like about the club whether they are members or not - I just get a bit bored with the way 33000 members get labelled as old, or as hooray-henryish or as vicious self-flagellants by snowHeads, based on pretty poor evidence.

Can't we gang up on someone else for a change? Bulgarian Bladers or something?
snow conditions
Nemisis wrote:
@Gerald David AITKEN

I'm not a "company law expert" but...

No, you're not.

It's not hard to understand. Just because the Ski Club have been slow on the admin side, that doesn't change the fact that I resigned and am no longer a director. In fact pisteoff, who is something of an authority on company law, has confirmed this to be the legal position.

Isn't google great and aren't you clever?
latest report

Both substantially more than you I suspect Very Happy
ski holidays
MorningGory wrote:

Both substantially more than you I suspect Very Happy

Well, he thinks an out of date webpage and late form submission means I’m still a director. Even with google to help him he couldn’t work out the right answer to that one.
ski holidays
@Hamilton Academical, I wont be dragged down to your level.

You are a disgrace to the SCGB and :sH , I cant work out why both havent throw you out. But, fancy, I dont care.
snow report
@Agenterre,

And this is what you said about yourself:

Agenterre wrote:
stoatsbrother, We are all entitled to have a go at what we see as unfair, unjust or inaccurate. I've been rude ( sometimes undeservingly so) to a few people myself, including DG, albeit not over the SCGB. However, the most vitriolic attacks ( did they not include threats of violence ?) on this forum have been the preserve of SCGB members amongst themselvesr .. which is what makes it so memorable for others of us. No more from me .. unless you make me ! wink
snow conditions
This thread keeps on going/giving? - not sure whether it is the sad but compelling draw of watching a car crash, or perhaps wishful thinking, wanting to see SCGB return to greatness? Perhaps something else, just fun to encourage gerrymeandering?
@Hamilton Academical
Now you are no longer a Director can you share your view on where SCGB is going? Terminal decline, or rebuild? If so what can it / will it rebuild? If so how will draw in new members? Are snowheads target members for SCGB, or are their sights set elsewhere?
latest report
Without genuinely wanting to take sides on the snowheads scgb trench warfare.

Can I just say that I had some fantastic Ski Freshtracks holidays a few years back - Val D’Isere and Courmayeur.

I went solo, when family couldn’t travel, in weeks when loads of others were solo travellers too.

It wasn’t elitist at all. The vast majority just ordinary folk from across the UK.

The ski hosts/reps were a mix (if we’re focusing on social class).

This was just prior to France winning the ultimate legal battle against Simon Butler, with the ensuing effect on SCGB.

I hope the SCGB/Ski Freshtracks entity doesn’t disappear. Perhaps that’s just me being nostalgic?
ski holidays
@Snow&skifan, you are far from alone in that view.
There are loads of snowHeads who are very fond of the SCGB - and indeed some who are nostalgic for aspects of how the SCGB used to be.
When the SCGB is represented here in a friendly and respectful manner, the response is predominantly friendly and respectful. As a fine example of this, see the pages and pages of invaluable market research and suggestions offered in response to @pisteoff introducing himself as a newly elected council member. Yes, there's some cynicism and some 'dry' humour but the club was in a pretty dire state at the time by anyone's measure and the response was pretty wholesome, I thought.
That is until the usual suspect, 'he' got involved and as ever, turned it into an Us v Them discussion.
Maybe there is an agenda or maybe it's the only way 'he' can approach a topic but whenever there is any semblance of agreement or cordiality, 'he' comes along to turn it towards confrontation.

In reality, far more people, snowHeads, SCGB members and those who are both, think like you than 'he'.

But didn't Simon Butler actually win the ultimate legal battle? I thought he did Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy