Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Chief Exec resigns

Poster: A snowHead
@boredsurfin, I like a political argument. No point having political arguments with friends. Might as well have them with people you don’t like.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gerry, Given the above statement, you must spend a lot of time having political arguments and not much talking about anything else Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MorningGory, I only engage in political debate on here.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gerry, Try twitter more political bollox on there than in Westminster Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@boredsurfin, no, your fine, I'll stick with this place. More than enough melts on here to argue with.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
and your association with SCGB can never be undone so what you say here will in the eyes of many continue to be viewed as a representation of the sort of attitudes prevalent in the SCGB....your tireless work will continue to diminish the thing you love.

There's a greek tragedy in there for someone.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, stupid people will deal in absolutes like that and if I've kept such rubbish out of the Ski Club, then the Club and its members are better off.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah so your mission all along has been to keep sHs saddoes out of the struggling SCGB, despite their keenness as skiers. Good to know.

You really are a buffoon.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
... your tireless work will continue to diminish [SCGB Ltd]. ...

Yup.

Childishly insulting strangers across the internet presumably is what takes the time they should be spending fixing the 404 errors on their website.
Plus of course the woefully out of date content mentioned in the original Facebook post, which is still not fixed.

TUI do that stuff so much more professionally: https://www.crystalski.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gerry wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
Gerry wrote:
@Alastair Pink, Tony knew we had a chat forum, so when he stumbled across this pi ss hole in the snow he just assumed it was the Ski Club forum. An understandable assumption to make.

No it’s not unless he’s a total moron like you

In your worthless opinion.

Your inability to restrain yourself from lashing out at and insulting people on the UK’s most active ski forum while representing the SCGB proves without any shadow of doubt that you are without question a total moron.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Ah so your mission all along has been to keep sHs saddoes out of the struggling SCGB, despite their keenness as skiers. Good to know.

You really are a buffoon.

Not all snowHeads are arseholes like you. Your the buffoon for insisting that you won't join a club because there's one person in it you don't like.

Dave, you're an idiot.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BobinCH wrote:
Gerry wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
Gerry wrote:
@Alastair Pink, Tony knew we had a chat forum, so when he stumbled across this pi ss hole in the snow he just assumed it was the Ski Club forum. An understandable assumption to make.

No it’s not unless he’s a total moron like you

In your worthless opinion.

Your inability to restrain yourself from lashing out at and insulting people on the UK’s most active ski forum while representing the SCGB proves without any shadow of doubt that you are without question a total moron.

Most of the skiers and borders in the UK have never heard of snowHeads. You are part of an irrelevant group.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I haven't said anything about personally not joining solely because you are a member though plenty of other people have cited your quality PR as a reason.

I've no interest in joining at the moment because it has nothing of value to offer me and because I believe the maths tells most members are subsidizing the few who use Freshtracks and ILG. Maybe should I become a geezonaire I'll be keen to join to suck on the teat of the other members.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing
AL9000 wrote:
@Pruman, Are you suggesting Gerry “CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!”?

I think that's an Alec Baldwin line from GlenGerry Glen Ross?

Gerry wrote:
Your the buffoon etc
You're FFS!

By the way, despite thinking you have resigned, you are still legally a Director and still have the responsibilities that go along with that - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04312167/filing-history

Gerry wrote:
@Pruman, Tony thought snowHeads was a sub brand of the ski club. Well, with the prominent subtle of Ski Club 2.0 it’s perhaps an understandable mistake in the eyes of normal people.

No 'normal people' look at the documented evidence, consider the credibility of certain Board Members, just need the tiniest knowledge of the history of the respective chat forums over the last 18 years and previous legal attempts to close down this forum and, like me, conclude that it can only have been deliberate. I would have so much more respect for the Council if they just fessed up with good humour, made good (a nice big charitable donation perhaps) and vowed to move on harmoniously like grown ups. You are the kids who wimpishly deny stealing Mars Bars from the tuck shop but have choc all around your faces and wrappers sticking out of your pockets. Pathetic.

Gerry wrote:

You know when you're in a hole and you really should get out, the best thing is to stop digging. 'stumbled across' Laughing . If I were Admin I'd be putting in a DSAR to get hold of Tony's emails, unredacted board minutes, internal memos, anywhere Snowheads or he is discussed in fact. It's not "an understandable assumption" it's quite the opposite.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Pruman, another pile of (drunken?) rubbish written by you. And posted late at night again, I assume because someone unscrewed you coffin lid again?

There was no plan to close snowHeads down. Nor was there a previous plan to close snowHeads. There was a legal challenge some years ago to stop the use of Ski Club 2.0.

Maybe your allegation needs to be tested in court with you as the defendant in a libel case. Your name is [REDACTED BY MODERATOR - users may choose to use their real names or not], iirc? The Club will have your details and I’m sure they’ll consider all the options.

And that government website is notoriously slow at updating.
ski holidays
@Gerry, when I update directors on Companies House, which I do regularly, it updates in about 20 minutes. I've never known a delay in 5 years. If you believe you are not a director and that Companies house has been informed you would be well advised to ask your company secretary to look into it.
snow report
@Gerry, so your legal eagles tried to prevent use of the name (and lost) but Trademark Tony was just blissfully unaware…

And when you Google “ski club forum” the first 2 hits are:

They look really similar to me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So, as I said, TM Tony is either as hopeless as you, or more likely it was an underhand attempt to have another dig at SnowHeads from your incompetent mates.
ski holidays
I'm sure there is no irony intended in the Sunweb ad's strap line on the SCGB's site
snow report
@BobinCH, the argument about the use of Ski Club 2.0 was in 2010 iirc. I’m not sure Tony had even taken up skiing back then.

And if Tony had never looked at either chat form before, which he hadn’t, then the fact they look different would have no bearing.
snow report
Gerry wrote:
There was a legal challenge some years ago to stop the use of Ski Club 2.0.

Which was a ridiculous move by SCGB and totally vexatious. As I'd mentioned in a previous post the SCGB's own website copyright statement said (correctly) that they owned the term Ski Club of Great Britain but that they had no claim on the use of the words "ski club" rolling eyes
snow report
Gerry wrote:
@BobinCH, And if Tony had never looked at either chat form before, which he hadn’t, then the fact they look different would have no bearing.

The fact that SH does not look like a SCGB effort (did he not look at the SCGB website and wonder why what he though was its forum look nothing like it), that its not on the SCGB root website not ring any alarm bells for him? Or was he poorly briefed as to there will be other ski forums in the world other than SCGB's? Maybe he did it late at night and under the influence?

Its either a decent amount of incompetance (strange as it would be for an experienced investor in tech wouldnt you say - "Tony’s areas of business expertise cover intellectual property, corporate finance, development team structure and management, and international export. ") or a deliberate attempt to userp the TM. I would be inclined to go for the former which I guess is what you are confirming?
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, that was nothing to do with me.

It's amazing that snowHeads, allegedly an inclusive community, would decide to single out skiing for a subtitle. More likely they were trying to gain google traction on the back of the Ski Club.
ski holidays
ster wrote:
Gerry wrote:
@BobinCH, And if Tony had never looked at either chat form before, which he hadn’t, then the fact they look different would have no bearing.

The fact that SH does not look like a SCGB effort (did he not look at the SCGB website and wonder why what he though was its forum look nothing like it), that its not on the SCGB root website not ring any alarm bells for him? Or was he poorly briefed as to there will be other ski forums in the world other than SCGB's? Maybe he did it late at night and under the influence?

Its either a decent amount of incompetance (strange as it would be for an experienced investor in tech wouldnt you say - "Tony’s areas of business expertise cover intellectual property, corporate finance, development team structure and management, and international export. ") or a deliberate attempt to userp the TM. I would be inclined to go for the former which I guess is what you are confirming?

One of the things Tony knew was that the Ski Club's forum was that it was hosted on a separate site. He knew that because he was there when we decided to close it down. When he saw Ski Club 2.0, it all seemed to fall into place because he had no prior knowledge of snowHeads.
snow conditions
Gerry wrote:
I didn't say it was, I said it was done by SCGB. Do you agree it was a stupid move by SCGB with no legal basis?

Gerry wrote:
It's amazing that snowHeads, allegedly an inclusive community, would decide to single out skiing for a subtitle. More likely they were trying to gain google traction on the back of the Ski Club.
Don't you mean the Ski Club of Great Britain (to give it it's proper legally registered name Madeye-Smiley ). I believe the SCGB also purports to be inclusive, is it going to be changing its name to the SSCGB (Ski and Snowboard Club of Great Britain)? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, yeah, it was a really stupid idea. Loads of boarders in the club, (in fact one of the former Chairs of the Club snowboarded exclusively) but I've need heard any of them complaining about the name.

Just for clarity, is snowHeads intended for boarders as well? It's not clear, given they had a blank page but chose to write Ski Club 2.0 on it.
latest report
Gerry wrote:
@Alastair Pink, yeah, it was a really stupid idea. Loads of boarders in the club, (in fact one of the former Chairs of the Club snowboarded exclusively) but I've need heard any of them complaining about the name.

Just for clarity, is snowHeads intended for boarders as well? It's not clear, given they had a blank page but chose to write Ski Club 2.0 on it.

Yep, you'll be pleased to know snowHeads is intended for boarders as well, loads of boarders on the forum and on the Bashes snowHead The fact that the name of the site is snowHeads may give a clue that it's for all people who like sliding on snow wink . It's so inclusive that they even allow in the occasional telemarker. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@Hamilton Academical, I thought you supported Dunfermline?
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

Still am. Great fun supporting two teams in the same division. NehNeh

I'm also the only football supporter in the history of the game to support both Chelsea and Millwall concurrently.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hamilton Academical, does that mean you get to kick your own head in? Laughing
snow report
Hamilton Academical wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

Still am. Great fun supporting two teams in the same division. NehNeh

I'm also the only football supporter in the history of the game to support both Chelsea and Millwall concurrently.

Says it all. Bonkers.
snow report
@Hamilton Academical, Do you refer to each of them as "The Team"?
snow report
Gerry, where are you???
snow conditions
@ster, He now identifies as a mid-league scottish championship football team, and we should respect that life choice. #Red&WhiteRainbow
snow report

Or perhaps just poking a little fun at SCGB pomposity and self regard which continues to this day?

Still the thing you love continues to wither and die, its members including those trying to pay it money are struggling to communicate with it but fortunately there will always be the bedwetters for you to vent your impotent rage at.
latest report
@Richard_Sideways, are you sure its still “He”? I wouldn’t like to upset them.
latest report
@ster, thats for them to decide when they are ready.

Quote:

there will always be the bedwetters for you to vent your impotent rage at

Indeed, which makes the Accies an odd choice with their relative inability to keep a clean sheet themselves...
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@ster, thats for them to decide when they are ready.

'He', will do.
latest report

'He', will do.

And thus it came to pass that forever more the poster previously known as Gerry was addressed universally as 'He', including the quotation marks at all times, as that is of course part of the trademark application. 'He' specifically requested it, and 'His' wishes must be respected. Cool

I have family in Hamilton. The Academicals are those who managed to stay on at school until 16 rather than leaving due to pregnancy or a prison sentence. The six people per year who were still in school at 17 were regarded as somewhat special.
snow report
ster wrote:
Gerry wrote:

One of the things Tony knew was that the Ski Club's forum was that it was hosted on a separate site. He knew that because he was there when we decided to close it down. When he saw Ski Club 2.0, it all seemed to fall into place because he had no prior knowledge of snowHeads.

Right, so TM Tony was there when the decision was made to close down the SCGB forum because no one used it. And then he goes online, finds another very active ski forum and decides to TM it on the basis that obviously it’s a new magical reincarnation of the SCGB forum. Is he a relative of Boris Johnson by chance?
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
ster wrote:
Gerry wrote:

Right, so TM Tony was there when the decision was made to close down the SCGB forum because no one used it. And then he goes online, finds another very active ski forum and decides to TM it on the basis that obviously it’s a new magical reincarnation of the SCGB forum. Is he a relative of Boris Johnson by chance?

No, you idiot. There was a big lag (couple of months) between the decision to close and the actual closure. Tony was simply dealing with a sub brand that he thought we might decide to use later on another platform.

Maybe you should stick to strapping burnt porridge out of pots in your shitty chalets because this seems a bit too complicated for you?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy