Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claiming back for Ski pass - any success?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all! Like so many, we had our ski holiday cancelled by Covid. We were due to start on Sun 15th in Morzine, and of course everything closed the night before so we didn’t go. We’d bought our lift passes in advance, so we’ve emailed the lift pass office to get a refund, but have had nothing back. Am guessing they are all off work right now and there is a massive backlog, but just wanted to check if I am missing something / should have done something else?? Anyone had any success getting money back on this?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
France went into complete lockdown at midday on the 17th March with only essential workers allowed to work so I expect you will just have to wait until they return. Lockdown has since been extended until 15th April. Following the webcams a lot of work was done to shutdown the resort on the Sunday and Monday which has since been left incomplete. The Les Gets webcams have been eerie with no one visible, not even the occasional dog walker.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I read somewhere on here that PDS passes were going to be refunded: nothing for a season pass, pro rata for a pass partially used and a full refund for unused passes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zermatt lift operator has informed me that they are not refunding but will offer a voucher for next season.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Plagne lift co. SAP (part of CdM). Have accepted my claim on my season pass and I have had an e mail saying, Covid, no staff, so will take a while, but no mention of how much ...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
St. Moritz is rolling them to next year. I received an email from the lift co. with a log in code for next season. I had purchased them in advance.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Grand Massif invited claims, responded to mine immediately, saying they are deluged, and please don't call again! Sent mine about 17th March, no news yet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Full refund for 2 passes from Grandvalira same day they announced close down. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timc wrote:
France went into complete lockdown at midday on the 17th March with only essential workers allowed to work

Is that true? Or is it in fact the same as the UK where you can only travel if it is essential for your work, which is not the same thing?

I've certainly completed a work attestation for someone to travel in France in the last week, as have others I know. Also the hoteliers I know are making daily trips to their properties to make sure all is ok there (despite the property itself being closed) and tradesmen are still travelling to jobs so long as the job is doable under the current guidelines.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Is that true? Or is it in fact the same as the UK where you can only travel if it is essential for your work, which is not the same thing?

It is much stricter than the UK. You have to have a form with you stating why you are out. you must be within 1km of your home for outdoor exercise. If caught violating those rules it is a 135 euro fine for a first offence and 1300 (IIRC) for subsequent ones.

I know it is not related to lift passes but our rental agency emailed us to say all bookings after the lock down were cancelled and every one who booked for later will receive a full refund. People in the aprtment at the time of the lockdown will receive proportional refunds. They said it was the law. I imagine the same will apply to lift passes. Eventually.

They also informed us that they had been round all the aprtments, checking they were secure, lights off, fridges open etc. The Guardian had some time off for self isolation, but I beleive he is now back at work.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have received an email from SAP La Plagne saying I will receive a refund that equates to 20% of the purchase price paid into my bank account, may take a while due to the 'current situation'
General Consensus on French forums is that the amount is OK given the circumstances.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PdS refunded mine this week - including the two days’ worth of loyalty points I’d used.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnE wrote:
Quote:

It is much stricter than the UK. You have to have a form with you stating why you are out. you must be within 1km of your home for outdoor exercise. If caught violating those rules it is a 135 euro fine for a first offence and 1300 (IIRC) for subsequent ones.

Sure, I know that bit, no surprise really is it, France requires more paperwork than UK. My question is: the post I was responding to said only essential workers were allowed to go to work, I questioned that, suggesting was it only workers whose travel was essential for their work (whatever that may be) who were allowed out. Sounds similar, but is very different. Sounds so similar in fact that a failure to communicate it properly in the UK is causing significant problems.

I've done attestations for workers in France who needed to be out (not the domestic attestation, but rather a work specific one), and in the UK a number of my lads have asked for emails to their phones to show any police who stop them on their way to work.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@boredsurfin, my reply from ADS is Les Arcs is below. I'm quite happy with this and pleased to see that my pass will still be valid in the summer. I hope they open up in the summer. I do note that there is no mention of a percentage refund. TBH I got two trips in and think I got my value out of the pass. Even if I get nothing back I still had a couple of really good weeks sking. I am sad I missed the final trip.

@midgetbiker, Thank you for the clarification and the importance of subtle differences in wording

Quote:

Thank you for the form that you filled out on our website.
All compensation of season pass will be only in the form of refund.
Please note, that the compensation shall be made latest in the three mont
With a year pass, the summer pass is remains offered.
If you had bought a pass including the summer, this one will remain available from July 2020
In the face of the large number of requests, thank you for your indulgence and patience.
Take care of yourself.
Best regards

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
4 day PdS refunded in cash and also the two days’ worth of loyalty points.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy