Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing 2021 - Flights Booked!

Poster: A snowHead
Flights booked to Geneva in readiness for Jan 2021 lads trip - V Cheap Easyjet flights to Geneva at the mo (under £30 ew) . . . if the world ends between now and then it'll be no great loss - something to look forward to and counting the days! Flight grabbing is the new hoarding . . .get on it!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oohed my flights for the BB. Not booked baggage yet. Will do that nearer the time
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rabbie wrote:
Oohed my flights for the BB. Not booked baggage yet. Will do that nearer the time

I've Aahed my flights snowHead

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 29-03-20 14:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brave. Till I know how this nightmare is playing out, I’m not booking anything else. I strongly suspect it’ll kick off again in October and a lockdown will be far swifter next time now we are all used to it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bambionskiis wrote:
Brave. Till I know how this nightmare is playing out, I’m not booking anything else. I strongly suspect it’ll kick off again in October and a lockdown will be far swifter next time now we are all used to it.

Or, it may get canceled due to the ensuing reshuffle.

I suspect the demand may be greatly reduced. So some “realignment” would take place in all things travel related
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@bambionskiis, Yeah I get that. I've viewed it that the flights are cheap enough for half term that I can disregard them, if it comes to it. For half term flights, they were unbelievably cheap. I haven't booked any of my other trips yet, as they're off-peak, so the flights are normally cheap enough anyway.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bambionskiis wrote:

same
Not only does UK have to be clear of it all, but so does any destination + there is the factor of CovID being seasonal.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I booked my xmas flights about a week before the lock down Sad
Could have just switched this Easter's flights Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I booked my xmas flights about a week before the lock down Sad
Could have just switched this Easter's flights Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
never known flights so cheap , half term to verbier ( via GVA ) and Ischgl ( the home of CV-19 ) for lads trip in January both flights at less than £30pp , bargain
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Haven't booked my flights yet, but have just booked an apartment in Val Thorens, 15-24th Jan.
Sleeps up to 4, although it looks too small for that many, 9 nights coming to the grand total of £315.40 with no payment until 1st Jan 2021, and free cancellation until then too.

Will book flights nearer the time, or possibly the train.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
swskier wrote:
Haven't booked my flights yet, but have just booked an apartment in Val Thorens, 15-24th Jan.
Sleeps up to 4, although it looks too small for that many, 9 nights coming to the grand total of £315.40 with no payment until 1st Jan 2021, and free cancellation until then too.

Will book flights nearer the time, or possibly the train.

Who did you book that with? £315pp or for the whole lot?!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pastorius wrote:

It was an apartment on Airbnb. £315 for the whole apartment.

Have seen a similarly priced one for the same dates which was around £330 also on Airbnb. Worth having a look.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MorningGory wrote:
Rabbie wrote:

I've Aahed my flights snowHead

Yes when I saw the prices I went "ooh" and then I booked them snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MorningGory,

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Booked outward flights on 27th March Gatwick-Geneva for £140, for 4 or us. Couldn't resist despite the current gloom, and will look for returns when they come out-hopefully soon. I've got £500 tied up with Swiss at the moment so if their prices come down, I will take their voucher offer.
snow conditions
swskier wrote:
Pastorius wrote:

It was an apartment on Airbnb. £315 for the whole apartment.

Have seen a similarly priced one for the same dates which was around £330 also on Airbnb. Worth having a look.

So this didn't go to plan. The apartment owner hadn't updated for next seasons prices. He now has and it's double the amount.

Have tried a booking on a place in La Rosiere, £320 for 9 nights, and is a 1 bed apartment, so an upgrade on the studio.

We shall see whether or not it's the same story and the booking is rejected.
ski holidays
I've got Feb half term and a couple of weekends booked, partly based on moving this season's unused Easter flights over to next year.
snow conditions
Booked my pair of returns last week. It's £110 quid down the drain at worst, and it feels like something positive to do !
latest report
I was also reluctant to book anything, thinking of the chaos and potential issues and feeling guilty even thinking about a holiday when there's so much death around. But frankly, when we can fly the six of us to Austria over Christmas for about £300 (and just added bags for 99p each way) it has to be worth a gamble as things may well be different in six months time. I'm quite sure the prices would usually be about five times that. It's on credit card, so...
snow report
I've been reluctant with the flights. Airbnb is free cancellation until 1st Jan, and just lose the Service fee until about 3 days before we go.

Just booked easyjet flights though, as all baggage is 99p each way.

2 x 23kg bags plus 1 x ski carriage for £6, about £150 saved, worth the punt, and booked via credit card, so hopefully we will have some cover.
ski holidays
Thought that was a typo when I saw bags for 99p (they were £37 when I booked my flights 2 weeks ago). Just went in and got 2x bags and 3x ski for the princely sum of £9.90! Worth a punt anyway and nice to have something to look forward to.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy