Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

David Goldsmith -The Antichrist ?

Poster: A snowHead
After seeing Hibernia's post I went and had another look at the SCGB forum.

I found this :-

It's interesting to note that the usual anti-scgb trolls are fishing again on snowHeads. They seem to base everything they know on David's teachings! What's it like to have disciples, David?

The chance of reading a good word about DG on the SCGB is about as likely as finding Holy Water in an Orange Lodge.

Discuss.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Latchigo, brilliant Laughing . Let me guess the initials of the poster - TB by chance?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro wrote:
Latchigo, brilliant Laughing . Let me guess the initials of the poster - TB by chance?

No that would be stoopid wouldn't it Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have skied with a good few members and reps of the SCGB - but I have never seen a single post by any of them on the SCGB forum.

I should add that I have always enjoyed skiing with those reps and members.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Latchigo wrote:
I have skied with a good few members and reps of the SCGB - but I have never seen a single post by any of them on the SCGB forum.

I should add that I have always enjoyed skiing with those reps and members.

There have been a few posts by me recently on the SCGB board and I am both a member and a former rep.

The posts are of course under my real name over there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Latchigo, we've had at least a couple of reps posting quite regularly in the past. Red Dave was one, and the other one's name escapes me Wink.

Both haven't posted in a while.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
richjp wrote:
There have been a few posts by me recently on the SCGB board and I am both a member and a former rep.

Why "of course"? If it's so important, why not post under your real name on here?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Everyone who posts on the SCGB does so under their real name - there's no choice.

SCGB staff are not allowed to post on the forum, afaik - perhaps current reps are discouraged from doing so as well.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DavidS wrote:

SCGB staff are not allowed to post on the forum, afaik - perhaps current reps are discouraged from doing so as well.

So when they say 'Members Only' they really mean it.
No wonder it is reported as being a dead as the proverbial door nail. At least when they had the old open forum (warts and all) Reps could contribute. And Laura the WebMistress popped in now and again, IIRC.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Reps contribute. I can understand the staff being instructed not to participate in general chat - it's one thing for members to be involved in interminable argument. It's another for the staff (whose salaries members pay) wasting their time - especially when the odd [sic] member is never satisfied.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DavidS wrote:
Everyone who posts on the SCGB does so under their real name - there's no choice.

Assuming that they join under their 'real' name. They don't have to.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Latchigo wrote:
After seeing Hibernia's post I went and had another look at the SCGB forum.

I found this :-

It's interesting to note that the usual anti-scgb trolls are fishing again on snowHeads. They seem to base everything they know on David's teachings! What's it like to have disciples, David?

This seems to be a misrepresentation. DG/TASH seems to get a pretty rough ride here (justifiably or not, I don't know or care). Many regular posters seem to rubbish his every posting as a matter of principle.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 21-04-06 10:11; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond, I think it is rude to rubbish peoples posts, disagree with them - yes, give them the courtesy of a reply - yes.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
richmond wrote:
This seems to be a misrepresentation. DG/TASH seems to get a pretty rough ride here.

Just a little spin from Tim Brown....
ski holidays
One problem is the 'oh **** it's him again' attitude that some posters have, it colours the thoughts before any comment is read. I far too often read replies that have nothing to do with the thread and just move it to the let's drown the Goldfish agenda.

Whether you like or loath the man (or anywhere between), you, me, it, should at least make the effort to understand the post. It's obvious that he has strong feeling about the Ski Club, its past, its present and its future and for all the protestations of his detractors, I don't see the same in them with what I perceive is a 'the club's fine, just shut the *** up' attitude prevailing.

I can't comment on the social side of the club since I'm not part of it, but I can make observations about its commercial activities as a business, quite frankly, and as has been shown here in the past, it doesn't take much effort to better their offerings.

DG's interests in the future of both the SCGB and Snowheads may bore the crap out of or be of little interest to you . . . but that doesn't make them irrelevant or impertinent. I'm sure there are many organisations that have been ruined by the laissez faire attitudes of its members not taking a proper interest in all its activities.
snow report
Masque, Excellent points, well made ( as ever). I don't know what the SCGB forum is like, but there are some very bright people on SnowHeads who post a lot of stuff worth reading. DG included.
snow report
marc gledhill wrote:
richjp wrote:

Why "of course"? If it's so important, why not post under your real name on here?

If everybody posted under their real name here I would be happy to do so, although I don't suppose Snowheads could enforce that.

It might stop the problem of those who use multiple aliases though.
ski holidays
Why can you only decide your approach according to what "everybody" else does? Why not act for yourself?

Yesterday, you upset me by saying that I wrote "crap" on websites (I try to be truthful and factual) - not a very nice thing to say about a fellow member of a club.

Just as a point of info. I've been commissioned to write articles by the 5 consecutive editors of the SCGB's magazines since 1978 ... so it can't all be "crap".

How about not hiding behind a pseudonym to attack others ... at least have the honour and balls to use a real name to do so.
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
One problem is the 'oh **** it's him again' attitude that some posters have, it colours the thoughts before any comment is read. I far too often read replies that have nothing to do with the thread and just move it to the let's drown the Goldfish agenda.

Whether you like or loath the man (or anywhere between), you, me, it, should at least make the effort to understand the post. It's obvious that he has strong feeling about the Ski Club, its past, its present and its future and for all the protestations of his detractors, I don't see the same in them with what I perceive is a 'the club's fine, just shut the *** up' attitude prevailing.

I can't comment on the social side of the club since I'm not part of it, but I can make observations about its commercial activities as a business, quite frankly, and as has been shown here in the past, it doesn't take much effort to better their offerings.

DG's interests in the future of both the SCGB and Snowheads may bore the crap out of or be of little interest to you . . . but that doesn't make them irrelevant or impertinent. I'm sure there are many organisations that have been ruined by the laissez faire attitudes of its members not taking a proper interest in all its activities.

There is a lot of truth in your opening paragraph particularly the first sentence. Unless you have access to the SCGB board however you don't know the full picture.

I have been following the ski club board for about six months (I've been a member for years) and Goldsmith time and again comes up with his same agenda. It's often worded in different ways but it all comes around to the same old stuff in the end.

Actually people do give responses to some of his points in a reasoned manner. But that is never enough - he will just reiterate the same old arguments. He is evasive, manipulative and selective in his use of statistics and pompously tries to claim the moral high ground because it's "all in the best interests of the club". Unfortunately it just goes on and on and being a journalist he has the ability to produce vast amounts of verbiage which it is difficult to keep up with. His output is quite phenomenal.

After a while the most tolerant people lose patience with him. Yes your opening post is accurate and strictly speaking we should not respond that way, however in my view he is getting what he deserves. We are only human.
latest report
David Goldsmith,

Welcome back to Snowheads snowHead

I trust we can rely on you to provide light hearted news snippets, captions and news whilst the locals are away sunbathing and dodging the rain showers in VT Toofy Grin

Mike
snow report
David Goldsmith, Yawn. rolling eyes
snow report
Enough! [richjp]
Reveal your true name, sir! [I am a totally non-violent person, BTW]
snow conditions
David Goldsmith wrote:
Why can you only decide your approach according to what "everybody" else does? Why not act for yourself?

Yesterday, you upset me by saying that I wrote "crap" on websites (I try to be truthful and factual) - not a very nice thing to say about a fellow member of a club.

Just as a point of info. I've been commissioned to write articles by the 5 consecutive editors of the SCGB's magazines since 1978 ... so it can't all be "crap".

How about not hiding behind a pseudonym to attack others ... at least have the honour and balls to use a real name to do so.

Temper, temper.

You can work out my real name quite easily if you wish to do so. The name I use here is more or less a shortened version of my real name which you will have seen several times recently on the ski club board.

If you think I lack balls, I am quite happy to meet up and talk to you face about the various issues you have raised.
ski holidays
Let's not play riddles here. No, I genuinely can't work out who you are.

I'm not aware that I've attacked you personally, but you come on here puking personal insults from a pseudonym. What's your name?
latest report
David Goldsmith, posters on this forum are quite within their rights to post from whatever user name they choose.

(And it took me about 7 seconds to work out richjp's real name!

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 21-04-06 11:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I totally agree, David, and have always supported that. But doesn't someone forfeit their rights (somewhat) if they use that privilege to abuse fellow members of the community?
ski holidays
I think the abuse would have to be extreme, sustained and libelous - not accusing someone of posting 'crap' to the forum.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DavidS wrote:
David Goldsmith, posters on this forum are quite within their rights to post from whatever user name they choose.

(And it took me about 7 seconds to work out richjp's real name!

Not too difficult eh?
snow conditions
richjp wrote:
You can work out my real name quite easily if you wish to do so. The name I use here is more or less a shortened version of my real name which you will have seen several times recently on the ski club board............

And there I was, thinking that you were a wealthy justice of the peace Laughing
snow conditions
I worked it out as well! So really isn't that tricky.

And no-one is under any obligation to reveal their real name here, even if using extreme abuse. If it is that extreme their post would be moderated and - extreme scenario! - they could be banned Shocked . There's nothing in the Terms and Conditions to say you have to reveal your true identity wink

Or perhaps we should change the T&Cs - any takers? Laughing
snow report
Cathy Coins, how would you know whether someone is using their 'real' name or not? Your real name might be Nigel Moletrouser for all anyone (except you) knows.
snow conditions
richmond, some of us remember Cathys' real name though.

But I take your point.
ski holidays
[quote="marc gledhill"]richmond, some of us remember Cathys' real name though.[quote]

What is it? Is the rumour that she is really Rev. Nathaniel Horseposture true?
snow report
richmond, have you access to my emails?? Shocked

But exactly, I don't see what all the need is to know 'real' names (although I do quite like trying to spot what snowheads members real names are on SCGB Very Happy )
ski holidays
Cathy Coins, But I dont use my real name on the SCGB board either wink
snow conditions
Oh yeah - and my real name is extremely hard to guess and you'd never work out who I am from the SCGB forum (not that I post there really anymore)

marc gledhill, you've got a good memory!
ski holidays
I use my real name, i feel honourable to be able to do this. Little Angel
snow report
It seems that 'Rich JP' - Justice of the Piste, for sure - is saying that he's registered a genuine name on the SCGB forum. But he's not willing to reveal it here. What's the real reason for this skirt of anonymity?

Most people I know who level personal criticism are willing to put their name to the words. It seems pathetic not to, unless one approves the all-too-common tendency of internet forums to decline into unpleasantness.

There is a great deal of bullying, scheming, trolling and defamation on internet forums. It affects real people.

Let's not have snowHeads go the same way.

David Goldsmith
snow conditions
The Abominable snowHead, Yawn, you cock. Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy