Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Its all hammer and tongs ( again ) on the SCGB site

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nick Zotov wrote:
DavidS, in real life, SCGB members skiing on the slopes do seem to be a happy bunch. The SCGB section of the club forum has been acrimonious. By bringing those squabbles to snowheads DG has been bringing the club into disrepute, IMO.
Its much the same on here. Were are not whiter than white.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, we're much, much worse than SCGB. The only reason people join snowHeads is to participate in this forum (SFAIK); we are all therefore sufficiently opinionated and argumentative to do so, as is apparent from the postings. There are few threads which haven't ended up in fairly personal squabbles, a significant minority of snowHeads being among the chippiest people on the planet (which often makes for excellent entertainment).

By contrast, the great majority of SCGB members never go anywhere near the forum, presumably because they have something better to do with their lives. They are probably reasonably normal people, capable of normal social interaction without taking offence at every second word. Dull, of course, but better adjusted.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

By contrast, the great majority of SCGB members never go anywhere near the forum, presumably because they have something better to do with their lives. They are probably reasonably normal people, capable of normal social interaction without taking offence at every second word. Dull, of course, but better adjusted
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Great stuff.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
richmond, you're a deer short of a full park

The reason people join snowHeads is information. We are an excellent source of highly questionable facts and experiences, a priceless resource to the skiing and boreding, I mean boarding, public. We blooming well aren't argumentative and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Most threads are perfectly tranquil apart from some good-natured animated banter. I haven't even seen a chip much less worn one. SCGB members don't go to their forum because, as has recently been conclusively proved on this site, they're only members for the reps. Or maybe the insurance. And what do you mean by 'reasonably normal' exactly? Or 'people'?

wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

The reason people join snowHeads is information.
I thought it was just a daft laugh Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
slikedges wrote:
richmond, you're a deer short of a full park

Good point, well made.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
richmond,

I disagree. Most threads on Snowheads do not end up in 'personal squabbles'. There are some memorable exceptions admittedly.

There is also a far greater range of topics and posters on Snowheads than on the SCGB site.

DG's posts on Snowheads used to cover all and everything (if you cast your memory back).

My impression of DG's SCGB posts were that they were far more introspective,for want of a better word, and focussed on the Ski Club itself and what it was/was not doing.

Because of the number of posts, DG's SCGB efforts seemed to comprise a larger proportion of the Ski Club total. I was also left with the impression that a number of regular SCGB posters used to relish ganging up to rubbish him and his posts.

It is not all like that of course. There are a number of posters on the SCGB site who seem to rise above that. Arnie Wilson, the magazine editor, being one who springs to mind.

You are right that the majority of SCGB folk never go near the forum. They may have better things to do, as you say,or they might just find it not to be worthwhile. I don't know which applies.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What is the point in going there, when you can come here... the forum just isn't important to most members... just as most skiers do not come to snowheads. Many snowheads don't even post often, and just learn from the others.
A good argument is great fun. What isn't is when it becomes "oh yes you did... oh no I didn't". I used to like reading DGs newsy posts on SnowHeads... where have they gone?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Latchigo wrote:
You are right that the majority of SCGB folk never go near the forum. They may have better things to do, as you say,or they might just find it not to be worthwhile. I don't know which applies.

Can't they get their butlers to log on for them? wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stoatsbrother wrote:

I used to like reading DGs newsy posts on SnowHeads... where have they gone?

I liked them too.

richmond, thanking you kindly, sir wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
David Goldsmith wrote:

The Abominable snowHead wrote:

Why don't you stick with one user name? I thought the David Goldsmith version had gone off in a huff?

Actually he went off in a bloodwagon
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
David Goldsmith wrote:

Why don't you stick with one user name? I thought the David Goldsmith version had gone off in a huff?

Actually he went off in a bloodwagon

In which case he should have been paying more attention to other slope users. If you don't accidents are bound to happen.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's clearly a moral there, somewhere.

Thanks, Rob!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy