Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montafon Valley - Austria 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI all
Had a scout around and cannot see too many details listed about the Montafon valley (Vorarlberg) Austria....so asking for any details you may have.
Area looks ideal for my family and I, would be heading there around the end of January early February 2021, plan to miss the school holiday period. Would be driving and spend 10 days in the area.
The Piste map looks quiet interesting with varied skiing, but was wondering where to stay as the villages in the valley appear to be quite spaced apart? Schruns looks the best bet for any kind off larger community, would like to eat out most evenings, so looking for
a few bars and restaurant's, is this the best place to be??
Fully aware this is not a kicking après ski place, but would like a few bars to have a tipple or two at..

Looking at an apartment or B & B, have found various sites for accommodation, but just need to know the best place to stay in, so appreciate any details you have......Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I hope your German is good as English is not widely spoken, my wife and I stayed in Schruns 2 weeks ago, great skiing, quiet restaurants. The best bet is to have a car to get to the various areas as although linked you could spend a lot of the day stuck on lifts. Great Apres bar at the bottom of the main cable car in Schruns. Thoroughly recommend it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were there in January this year. I’d recommend it.

We stayed in Schruns, which is the central point for the area. The largest ski area is accessed from there and is superb. We spent three days there and one day eachat the other three areas. Brandnertal is the hardest to get to. You have to take a train to Bludenz and a bus from there, which, for no obvious reason only runs once an hour. To be honest Brandnertal was probably the area I was least impressed with. That doesn’t mean it isn’t any good, just that it wasn’t as good as the others.

Golm and Gargellen are both small areas which are a lot of fun, though Golm has an odd feature of all the runs being either really easy or really difficult. It had some of the toughest blues I’ve ever skied, and a fairly horrible black, but some pretty easy stuff as well. Gargellen was worth it for the excellent valley runs, which were in short supply when we went. The ones to Schruns were closed and most of the other resorts only had one open. I don’t know if this was typical.

St Gallenkirch was probably the better of the two areas linked from Schruns, but the skiing in both was really enjoyable. The run from the top of Kreuzjoch to the cable was a really long excellent run. There’s also a fantastic hut at the top of there (which you have to walk up to).

This brings us to the thing I didn’t like. Each resort had one run where there was an uphill section on it that most people had to walk up. The worst of these was piste 25 in Brandnertal, which winds round a lazy but scenic road before facing you with a steep up hill bank that no-one can possibly have enough speed for.

We stayed at the Hochjochstöbli which was really lovely. You could have stay half board, but instead we just ate there a couple of times, the food was excellent. The town is a bit short of restaurants to be honest and apres ski is more or less non-existent.

You won’t hear much English there, and it’s probably best you know your way round a German menu, most people seem to speak it.

Hope that’s everything you need - you’ll have a great time there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy