Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Tale of Two Aviemore Hotels

Poster: A snowHead
Hotel No. 1: Management at Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel caused outrage when they suddenly sacked staff and kicked them out of their live-in accommodation asking them to leave immediately although many had nowhere else to go: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-hotel-slammed-after-firing-21722233

Hotel No.2: The nearby Old Bridge hotel offers free accommodation to those Colyumbridge staff affected: (Facebook link) https://tinyurl.com/t6lksj3
Quote: We’ve been hearing some news about local staff (from a well known hotel) facing immediate redundancy and homelessness.
We’ve had many cancellations in our bunkhouse here and if we can help you out, please drop us a line at sayhello@aviemore-bunkhouse.com.
There are beds here for you till you work out your next steps. Get in touch people. We gotcha x
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Legends
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How it shouldn’t and should be done.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't wait to get back there. The Old Bridge Inn and the Skiing Doo / Doo Below get most of my custom.

And even with the HIE/funicular nonsense and people saying to avoid Cairngorm, and that there are other ski resorts, I do intend to visit Cairngorm and continue to support those few select businesses which have served me well. That colyumbridge hotel isn't one that's ever been on my radar, and probably never will be.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Macdonald Aviemore hotel has also offered the displaced workers somewhere to stay
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank God there are some decent people about.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As an employer and all-round fair person, I can’t comprehend how anyone can do that to another human being.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Coylumbridge Hotel is owned by Britania hotels. They are known everywhere as being dumps. The one in manchester is just a knocking shop for pickups around the area.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel is part of Britannia , the chain regarded as the worst in the UK.

I wonder why.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle wrote:
Thank God there are some decent people about.

Och... it was nothing really Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Abysmal behaviour by Britannia hotels, I see they are trying to backtrack now and say they make a mistake saying they also had to be out of their digs.
That hotel was a Hilton last time I stayed, when did that change? I've had the misfortune of staying in a couple of Britannia hotels over the years, they are the pits.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I quite liked the Coylumbridge when it was a Hilton, used to be good value outside of peak holiday periods. Don’t think I’ll be going back there now.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This brings out the best and the worst in people. I will make sure I never stay in a Britannia hotel. I feel sorry for anyone who still works for them. Let’s hope the sacked workers end up in a much better place. Well done the Aviemore community.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I heard that poor Spaniard on the radio this morning and I thought that immediately...
Its understandable that they had to close down and lay off staff but there was no need to kick them out of their digs.

They could all look after themselves, perhaps do some maintenance jobs, who was going to use their accommodation anyway.

The decision was obviously made by a heartless lady's front bottom.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This infamous interview with a senior Britannia Hotels employee , from a few years ago, gives an idea of their culture...

http://youtube.com/v/ivOxiS7dB9A

Well done to the other local hotels for their compassion and practical help.
snow conditions
Gufo wrote:
This brings out the best and the worst in people. I will make sure I never stay in a Britannia hotel. I feel sorry for anyone who still works for them. Let’s hope the sacked workers end up in a much better place. Well done the Aviemore community.

I've never actually been to Scotland - it was on the list for this year. We definitely won't be staying in that or any other Britannia hotel whenever we go.

Also, there are companies that that deserve to weather the current storm...
snow conditions
Relax folks, it was just an “administrative error”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-51972372

Yeah, right
latest report
One of the worst hotels in Blackpool is theirs. If you want a laugh check out their Tripadvisor ratings https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186332-d192734-Reviews-Norbreck_Castle_Hotel-Blackpool_Lancashire_England.html
snow conditions
@PeakyB, Thats a cracking interview Very Happy
snow conditions
@agw clearly it was an "administrative error"; Their administrators made an error in predicting how bad the publicity would be...
ski holidays
qwerty360 wrote:
@agw clearly it was an "administrative error"; Their administrators made an error in predicting how bad the publicity would be...

Quite. Bunch of weasels. Check out the "Taking the latest government advice..." excuse in the original letter.
latest report
It's not an "administrative error" they are, or were attempting, to do it nationwide :-

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/pontins-staff-axed-left-homeless-17957428

If you can't get the link to work, dailypost website is not good, Pontins is owned by britannia
snow conditions
Yep - seems Nationwide

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/21/hotel-chain-brittania-makes-uk-staff-homeless-coronavirus-sackings-12434115/
latest report
Was the coylumbridge once a Stakis in 1990s? If so it has really descended. If it was that I have fond memories of it being a nice hotel and it then had a learn to ski package which is how I got hooked.
latest report
@countryman, You are right, it was Stakis then bought over by Hilton, used to be a very good hotel, believe Hilton still own the timeshare.
latest report
@countryman, @larry1950, (to my 6 year old eyes). It even had an ICE RINK, IN A HOTEL!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy