Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Stuck at Geneva Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My car is currently stuck in parking at Geneva Airport parking as I’m unable to fly out and drive it home.

I thought others in the same boat as me might like to know that I’ve been in contact with the airport who have said that they will only charge me up to the point that I was originally due to pick up the car no matter how long it takes. I’ll need my parking ticket and proof of the original flight and need to visit desk in the airport when I’m finally able to go back out.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 18-03-20 15:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good customer service by GVA.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@4q, impressive!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar wrote:
Good customer service by GVA.

That sort of attitude ought to be the norm. Perhaps it will after this crisis passes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@4q, excellent

Where is it? P51?
P51 can be pretty empty at times, great that they are so flexible.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
valais2 wrote:
@4q, excellent

Where is it? P51?
P51 can be pretty empty at times, great that they are so flexible.

Its in P26 right next to Migros
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Saw a comment about this on another forum. Spotted the thread title so went back to it to help out with some information. Opened the thread and it's the same person Laughing Laughing

Good news though, that's a sensible approach.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For GVA airport users I lost my ticket and was expecting a monster fine... Guy on the intercom took my registration plate, confirmed my entry date (video recognition?) and gave me a duplicate ticket at normal cost. Great service I thought
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good response by GVA.

I imagine that you won't be able to rescue it for months. In which case, be prepared for a flat battery - and most probably a very dead one that'll need replacing soon.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
altis wrote:
Good response by GVA.

I imagine that you won't be able to rescue it for months. In which case, be prepared for a flat battery - and most probably a very dead one that'll need replacing soon.

I'll see how things go over the next few days/weeks. At least there will be less uncertainty about being able to drive to get home and the tunnel being open which is my main concern at the moment.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@4q, I was assured at the Tunnel last night that they will be open as long as the two Governments allow them to be. The attitude yesterday in Calais was as long as you had a ticket there were no problems
At the moment it may be more difficult to get a flight out than the drive back Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin wrote:
@4q, I was assured at the Tunnel last night that they will be open as long as the two Governments allow them to be. The attitude yesterday in Calais was as long as you had a ticket there were no problems
At the moment it may be more difficult to get a flight out than the drive back Shocked

I have a flexi ticket for the tunnel and a flight out booked for Thursday from Birmingham so I'm not sure whether to risk it. As much as I would rather be in the Alps than the UK, unfortunately I have a business to run so can't afford to be stuck there any length of time.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@4q, flight into Geneva? Unless you have a Swiss permit you may struggle to board.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@4q, flight into Geneva? Unless you have a Swiss permit you may struggle to board.

Sorry I hadn’t come across the need for a Swiss permit?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy