Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet flights winter 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
Our easyjet refund appeared in the account on the same day as the email. We paid by debit card.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi all - both our return and outbound flights for March 2021 have just been changed. The outbound by 10 mins. The return by 5hrs 50 mins.

I think I saw somewhere that someone has stated EasyJet will only offer a refund for the whole booking if at least one of the flights is changed by more than 6hours? Does anyone know if that is correct?

If true, we would have to accept a credit note with EJ and book a different return flight...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-changes suggests it's 5hr+ with EasyJet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our March 8 th return now cancelled. Our outward Feb 27 th was cancelled a few weeks ago. Edi to Venice.
Think we will wait to see if March 2022 are released soon. Then we would re schedule as per the deal we booked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can we rename this thread maybe and 20/21 on the end.. I keep checking it for winter 21/22 flights as they are listed as being available soon!
https://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
andy from embsay wrote:
@eblunt, had you booked seats? You get a free cabin bag if so (and when you rearrange they carry everything over).

No, I hadn't booked seats. It was a speculative cheap flight booking, so I didn't want to add more costs, apart from the £1 ski bags.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mr.Egg,
Quote:

I keep checking it for winter 21/22 flights as they are listed as being available soon!

Maybe when they're released you could start a 21/22 thread? Hopefully their flights next season will be less of a saga!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PeakyB wrote:
@Mr.Egg,
Quote:

I keep checking it for winter 21/22 flights as they are listed as being available soon!

Maybe when they're released you could start a 21/22 thread? Hopefully their flights next season will be less of a saga!

Created a thread over a week ago

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4680359
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mr.Egg, thanks.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
As expected. Our return flight in March has officially been cancelled. We can switch to a day earlier or a day later. Or take a voucher or refund
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
our easter outgoing flight has been changed to gatwick was from luton, but still coming back to luton - really useful for car parking that is. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Little Martin, That's mad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Little Martin wrote:
our easter outgoing flight has been changed to gatwick was from luton, but still coming back to luton - really useful for car parking that is. rolling eyes

We've just had the same but I managed to change it back to Luton Sun-Sun instead of Sat-Sat.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After 1st of January do people think Easyjet flights will still go ahead from the UK? - I saw something posted today on the swiss gov website. I've had 2 sets of flights Jan & March booked from the £1 baggage deal last year, both flights have changed times and than but not cancelled yet. Travelling from Belfast it is a UK airport but travelling as an EU citizen not sure if there will be issues.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@RuariM, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

The biggest issue from your POV is probably SleasyJet cancelling flights for lack of custom.
If the Swiss don't allow UK citizens in after 1st Jan (3rd country+Covid) that could knock a few of the passenger manifest and if it's too empty, chances are they'll ditch the flight.

In the end though, the only thing that's safe to say is, the situation's bound to change, and probably lots of times Confused
snow report
Hey! thanks for the reply, the alternative option I have at the minute is take a refund from them fork out the extra and fly SwissAir from Dub to Gva, I'd assume EU to EU would go ahead. Might pull the trigger on that before they do cancel in case everyone decides to do similar pushing prices up
ski holidays
[quote="Alastair Pink"]
Alastair Pink wrote:
Well having applied for my Easyjet refund on 10th November I got an email today stating
"Dear Customer,
Firstly, we are very sorry that you’ve had to wait for your refund for your flight(s) for booking reference *******, and that we haven’t been in touch sooner.
Our team have been working hard to process refund requests in the shortest possible time and are happy to confirm that we have now completed yours.
Your refund will come via the same method you used to pay for the booking, if you booked via a 3rd party please contact them to receive your funds directly. The total refund should show as available funds within the next 10 days.
You don’t need to do anything else. We just wanted to say thank you for your patience.
easyJet Customer Services"

So I should get my refund by 18th December at the latest. Madeye-Smiley

Well, I didn't. Sad Evil or Very Mad Despite Easyjet saying in their email of 8th December that my refund would be with me within 10 days my credit card has not been refunded yet. I phoned Easyjet this morning, gave my details and the person I spoke to checked my details (including the last 4 digits of my credit card that I used for the booking back in April) and told me that the refund had been processed. However my card company (Santander) say they've had no refund from Easyjet, so Santander said they will mail me the claim forms to initiate a refund from their end, although given Christmas mail the forms probably won't arrive till the New Year then it takes Santander 2 weeks to process the claim. I just hope that in the meantime Easyjet's refund eventually appears on my card.

So to recap, Easyjet cancelled my flight on 10th November, I applied online that same day for a refund and got acknowledgement of my refund request, but it's now 19th December and I still haven't had my refund. Pretty poor show Easyjet, they're obviously holding on to the money for as long as possible to help their cashflow....

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 19-12-20 21:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Alastair Pink, in fairness they may be rather overloaded and simply dealing with the numbers involved.

I have nothing good to say about Ryanair but I did feel sorry for O'Leary when I heard him getting a real hammering on the Today program earlier this year:
"Why are people still waiting for their refunds? WHY?"
"Our systems were built to deal with a worst case scenario of 30,000 refunds a month...we have 3 Million to deal with! Everybody who wants a refund will get one, it just may take a while"
"Yes, but WHY are people waiting?"
"Err...3 million cases?"
"Yes but WHY? "

etc etc

I thought the interviewer was an idiot.
snow report
I now have two sets of flights cancelled with Easyjet and awaiting refund. There is a 'refund tracker' you can access rather like that for a delivery company. The process is estimated to take about 9 weeks including spurious investigation and verification phases. I think we all know that on cancelled flights it should take about the same time to refund as it took you to book.

Still, I do have massive sympathy for the company and can see why they want to drip feed refunds in the hope that more cash comes in...
snow conditions
What do people reckon on my chances of having my halfterm flights cancelled?

They are Southampton to Geneva, and are still a very cheap route this half term which I presume means not many others are on it.

I have looked at rolling them forward a year but next years half term flights are crazy money. If they were cancelled the price difference won’t matter. Though my sister has made clear she wants me to look for somewhere where she and her family can join us.... which would be great for my kids but means looking also for affordable flight routes for them...
snow conditions
@NickyJ,
Quote:

What do people reckon on my chances of having my halfterm flights cancelled?

Sadly a very high chance I think. If any EZY flights from UK to Geneva are operating at all by mid February, I think they’re likely to consolidate on their main hubs, eg London Luton or Gatwick.

If flight prices for Feb 2022 are exorbitant, maybe driving all the way is a better value option? In the distant past I’ve also grabbed cheap flights to French airports more distant from the Alps and either rented a car or travelled by rail.

Hope it works out for you in February anyway.
ski holidays
@PeakyB, if they are cancelled that opens up either refund or switching to alternate route, which is the best option for me. As I have very low hopes we will be out of Tier 4 by half term. Unless I missed anything it looks like this is it until about 5th April!

Saying that there is a route which opens up Andorra for 2022 half term (I have another thread for that) Happy
latest report
@NickyJ, oh I see. So if your flights are cancelled, are you able to book higher priced flights in 2022 at no extra charge?

Interested as I’ve yet to do anything with some late January flights they cancelled a while ago.
snow report
@NickyJ

I think flights departing from a T4 area would have to be cancelled - it just won’t be viable for eJ to operate them. But how long do you leave it for before risking not getting a refund at all ...

There is now a £49 (per passenger) admin charge if you were to amend (not cancel) a flight within 14 days of departure - so this is the critical cut-off. We have MAN-GVA flights for HT ... I’m planning to see how the situation evolves during January BUT we may have to move them to a different date or destination if no move on eJ’s part by the end of the month (so we don’t get caught out by the 14 day limit).

We moved our accommodation booking to Easter - will definitely drive if we’re able to go (have booked refundable Eurostar tickets).

And luckily we managed to secure HT 2022 flights for less than £500 for all 4 of us last week.

Good luck.
latest report
PeakyB wrote:
@NickyJ, oh I see. So if your flights are cancelled, are you able to book higher priced flights in 2022 at no extra charge?

Interested as I’ve yet to do anything with some late January flights they cancelled a while ago.

That is my understanding
snow conditions
@franga, and that is the dilemma Smile
ski holidays
Confused as to why EJ still has flights running from Glasgow to Geneva, for example i could book a flight for tomorrow! Will there even be any passengers? Feb half term still in schedule too. Can't decide if I hold my nerve for my HT flight to be cancelled, thus getting free changes, or just move flights to later and take the price increase before it goes up much more. @franga, dilemma indeed!
latest report
trmacc wrote:
Confused as to why EJ still has flights running from Glasgow to Geneva, for example i could book a flight for tomorrow! Will there even be any passengers? Feb half term still in schedule too. Can't decide if I hold my nerve for my HT flight to be cancelled, thus getting free changes, or just move flights to later and take the price increase before it goes up much more. @franga, dilemma indeed!

Same position here- flights Gla-Gen for Feb half term.... not expecting to be able to go, will be our 6th cancelled trip. I’m holding my nerve for these to be cancelled and will rebook for 2022. I moved our new year 2020/1 flights to 2021/2 for an extra £150 - these flights were cancelled shortly after so I could have saved myself some money.
Are you a member of EJ flight Club....if so no fee for date/route changes anyway.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
trmacc wrote:

Same position here- flights Gla-Gen for Feb half term.... not expecting to be able to go, will be our 6th cancelled trip. I’m holding my nerve for these to be cancelled and will rebook for 2022. I moved our new year 2020/1 flights to 2021/2 for an extra £150 - these flights were cancelled shortly after so I could have saved myself some money.
Are you a member of EJ flight Club....if so no fee for date/route changes anyway.
latest report
Not heard of EJ flight club, presumably can't apply benefit to a flight booked before you join? Sure we won't be able to go in February, but as January flights are still running I am starting to think they won't cancel them but am surprised that the flights in next few weeks are running at all, who is on them? Can't be skiers, so maybe business flights/non skiing related, hard to believe enough people going to justify the cost for EJ. Trying to hold my nerve too!
snow report
@Rookiescot, I may have gotten wrong info from EJ advisor but when I wanted to move some flights (pre coved mind you, so may differ now) I was advised I could move mine as I had flight club but I would have to pay for rest of the bookings changes. IE only me as named person got the benifit, not everyone under my booking.
I'm with you on half term, already had my Friday flight cancelled & changed to sat 6th, holing out to see quarantine rules & even if it's still quarantine on return if schools are still remote learning (which I think is a possibility ) we may still go as kids wouldn't be affected.
@trmacc, flight club is a invitation thing after booking X amount of flights
snow conditions
Sounds like a good plan @jonny996 ...now we have to hope will EU let us in at all!

Just had a check on the website for EJ flight club... “You will have access to these benefits on every flight on which you travel. If you made the booking yourself through your member account, the benefits will be extended to all Passengers travelling on the booking with you. However, if another Passenger makes a change which means that they are no longer travelling with you, they will no longer receive the benefits.”

I haven’t tried to use it yet though so may be different in reality!
snow report
Just randomly looked on my easyJet account and noticed our flight home from Geneva to Luton on 11th April has been changed to 10:35 in the morning. Was 15:15 so ruins our last night in Tignes a fair bit.

I have searched my emails and I wasn’t notified of the change which is what I’m annoyed about most to be honest. May be worth checking for some.
ski holidays
@Rookiescot,
Quote:

I’ve not heard about the EJ Flight Club either. A quick look suggests membership is by invitation only.

I’m sure my behaviour on EJ flights has always been exemplary. I’ve never posted an in-flight riot on social media. Nor once held up a flight by trying to fit a full sized hardshell suitcase in the overhead compartment. I’ve even paid for extras in advance, like their yummy Goats Cheese and Rocket Ciabatta, with a choice of hot or cold drinks and unhealthy accompaniment.

What do I have to do to enjoy the benefits of EZY Club membership? Get an orange tan?
ski holidays
Does anyone know please, re sorting out my cancelled flights?

Once I’ve selected the ‘Manage Disruption’ option I have a choice of 3 options: change airports/dates; request voucher or request refund.

If I choose change airports/dates but am then unable to find anything I really want, am I stuck with that option, or can I exit that part of their system and choose one of the other 2 options?
latest report
You can exit and choose one of the other 2 options @PeakyB

I kept umming and ahhing about flights I had booked for this week and kept going in and out of it.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 3-01-21 13:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@jebroni3_16, thanks.
ski holidays
The "latest travel info" (29 Dec) on EJ's homepage says that changing booking/voucher/refund is available if you can't travel due to govt restrictions e.g. France preventing entry by UK nationals.

The chatbot still says refund only if EJ cancel your flight.

Had anyone tried cancelling using the 29 Dec info as justification?

nb travel info mentions disruption "over the next few days" but doesn't set any limit on when the rebook/voucher/refund is valid for.
latest report
My 27 March flight is no longer available so presumed cancelled. We had already been moved once from a flight at a different time that day.
Rebooked free for March 2022 which given I only paid £150 for four with bags, might turn out to be a bargain.
snow report
My flight to Geneva on the 29th Jan was also cancelled today (no surprise there!). Moved it and the return to next winter, on flights that are a fair bit more expensive, but I didn't have to pay any of it. Yay! I was keen to move the flights rather than get a refund, as I had the 99p suitcase and skibags on there...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy