Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet flights winter 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
But when you ask for a refund it does the return as well.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MorningGory, if you go onto the Easyjet system to try and book a flight from Venice to Manchester, the only flights listed are for Sunday and Monday. The Saturday one is not there. Maybe it's full. Or maybe they have not got around to cancelling that yet. Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does the 'manage disruption' button get through to the refund link or is this the button not to press? Thanks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Awdbugga, Yeah, the BRS flights have been like that for weeks. Fully expected them both to be cancelled, hence booking backup flights from Heathrow. PIA but better than Gatwick!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bastathecat wrote:
Does the 'manage disruption' button get through to the refund link or is this the button not to press? Thanks.

Yes, the 'manage disruption' is the one to press. It tries to steer you very heavily to taking a voucher, but if you look at the whole page there is a route to claiming an online refund (I can't remember the exact details and since I've now completed the refund application I'm not sure whether the 'manage disruption' link will still work for me). Just be sure not to select any voucher option! As I said in the edit on my previous post, don't expect to get the refund back until 20th December!!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 10-11-20 22:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@MorningGory, ditto. BA flight from Manchester via Heathrow on the Friday. Just hope it will be safe enough to risk going.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Indeed. Still unsure if it'll happen. Feck-all we can do about it though, so fingers crossed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone know how long you have to claim you refund for a cancelled flight ? My flights are early Jan ( to go to Plagne ), and ideally I'd prefer to wait and see what the situation is , and keep my options open to transfer to another flight.

However, if there won't be any lifts running, or we have to quaranteen for a week, then there's no point, but I'd prefer to delay as long as possible before taking the refund.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Having already checked on my flight booking status yesterday, seeing the flights were shown as cancelled and applying online for a refund and receiving confirmation of the refund application I now received today an email informing me that the flights were cancelled and what my options were lol. Better late than never I suppose. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eblunt wrote:
@thelem, I don't really understand why anyone would take a voucher - isn't it just the cash equivalent of the flight , or is there something I'm missing ?

To support the airline, and help prevent them going bust. I don't need the cash in the short term, and am (adequately) confident I'll be able to use the voucher I have before it expires.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Alastair Pink, I've just claimed a refund. Opted for a refund instead of a voucher.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Our flights to Geneva at Easter remain unchanged as it stands. However our flights to Amsterdam in Jan (originally October but changed them for free) from Luton have been moved to different times and to Gatwick coming home.

I have discovered that not only can they be changed free of charge... the destination can also be changed free of charge. Baring in mind they only cost us £50pp when we booked them, I am going to wait until the latest opportunity to potentially change them to a date/destination which flights would usually cost a lot more than this. That way... Easyjet keep their money and we get a bargain if all goes to plan.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
eblunt wrote:
@thelem, I don't really understand why anyone would take a voucher - isn't it just the cash equivalent of the flight , or is there something I'm missing ?

To support the airline, and help prevent them going bust. I don't need the cash in the short term, and am (adequately) confident I'll be able to use the voucher I have before it expires.

Take the cash, and if the airline goes bust donate the money to a more deserving charity.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DanB234 wrote:
I have discovered that not only can they be changed free of charge... the destination can also be changed free of charge. Baring in mind they only cost us £50pp when we booked them, I am going to wait until the latest opportunity to potentially change them to a date/destination which flights would usually cost a lot more than this. That way... Easyjet keep their money and we get a bargain if all goes to plan.

I imagine they mean free of admin fees. You'll be able to put £50pp towards the generally available price of whatever flight you want to switch to.
snow report
I've got flights booked returning on Jan 9th Geneva to Luton). Latest email has advised flight now returns to Gatwick which is novel as we fly out from Luton! Just checked their website & you can still book my original return flights to Luton so how does that work?
Anyone got the contact number for customer services so I can ring & query it please?
latest report
thelem wrote:
DanB234 wrote:

I imagine they mean free of admin fees. You'll be able to put £50pp towards the generally available price of whatever flight you want to switch to.

Yep, what you said.
latest report
@SteveCook0, try Twitter. They are very helpful. I assume because it is public.

A phonecall can be fobbed off.
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
thelem wrote:
DanB234 wrote:

Yep, what you said.

I thought this too but it appears I can free of charge
ski holidays
@DanB234, interesting- how can you tell? I haven’t done so yet, but have been wondering about doing so but didn’t want to accidentally change anything
snow report
This is the relevant text of the email I received yesterday notifying me of the flight cancellation:

"Please see below the three options that are available to you:
1. You can switch to another easyJet flight for free. This includes the option to select a different arrival and departure airport within the same country of the original booking if you wish. Search available flights yourself via Manage Bookings.

2. Choose a voucher for the full value of your ticket. The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and gives you the flexibility to book travel anywhere on our network when you're ready to fly. You can request the voucher yourself via Manage Bookings.

3. If the above options are not suitable and you would prefer a refund, you can request this yourself via Manage Bookings. We are doing our best to process refund requests in the shortest possible time. Once you have submitted an online refund request, you can track the status of your request here."

Note as regards Option 1 it's not clear to me whether if you decide to fly to a different airport it still has to be to an airport in the same country as your original booking (so e.g you could switch from Geneva to Basel in Switzerland say, but as the only destination they fly to in the Netherlands is Amsterdam you have no other alternative destination in that instance).
snow report
@NickyJ, When you manage disruption and go to change the flight on the right hand side of the page when you select new flights the flights selected say 'free' on them. I would attach a screenshot but I don't know how to

@Alastair Pink my terms are slightly different with my flight been moved and not cancelled I'm guessing.

"1. Switch to another easyJet flight for free.*

2. Choose a voucher for the full value of your ticket. The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and gives you the flexibility to book travel anywhere on our network when you're ready to fly.

3. If the above options are not suitable you can request a refund. We are doing our best to process refund requests in the shortest possible time. Once you have submitted an online refund request, you can track the status of your request here.

*Excludes route changes to / from Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Morocco"
snow conditions
Those folks at easyjet are just playing now.
We have flights booked to go out 26th dec returning 3rd jan. Not going to go unless they drop quarantine by some miracle. So when I seen the return flight falling off the booking system, I thought, great I can get the refund now.
They have only put it back on the booking system now so it's a loss if we don't go, not to fussy as got them for £50 return but bit of a pain
snow report
Jonny996 wrote:
Those folks at easyjet are just playing now.
We have flights booked to go out 26th dec returning 3rd jan. Not going to go unless they drop quarantine by some miracle. So when I seen the return flight falling off the booking system, I thought, great I can get the refund now.
They have only put it back on the booking system now so it's a loss if we don't go, not to fussy as got them for £50 return but bit of a pain

They’re waiving change fees even if they don’t cancel, aren’t they? So you could switch to later assuming the new flights aren’t any more expensive?
latest report
@andy from embsay, I am about to change our flights though gods knows to what as no flights showing for next season. Although they are waiving change fee a lot of the dates / times I am looking at are more expensive (I am tied to school holidays)
snow report
@NickyJ, no flights showing? Which airports? We use manchester/GVA and they’re back to daily flights from the new year - bummer about being stuck to school hols though! EJ have an evening flight out of Mcr (1815) and a 2140 flight back on a Monday, so 3 or 4 days’ skiing for 1 or 2 days off work - tempted to book a few weekends as non-school hols flights are about £45.
snow report
@andy from embsay, plenty of flights showing as looking to push out a good way.

I have BA flights already booked for second week of easter school holidays (hoping for SFaB)

Christmas week is not going to happen now - hence needing to move flights.

Feb half term - crazy money.

I just thought to check and flights to Paris look cheap enough for summer holiday week.... just not really sure I am up for that (know the girls want to do Disneyland again....not sure I can face that!). I would very happily go skiing but not to a theme park.
snow conditions
ooh just found a half term route which won't cost us much more. However I have a question - we had prebooked our seats, but for the new flights, it is splitting us up into two groups for the new seats, and I can't figure out how to change that as part of rescheduling the flights? Has anybody don it?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonny996 wrote:
Our half term flights are Friday evening & they are the ones not showing now, I got in at the start and only paid £25 for them.
The next flight EJ offer that we could take is the Saturday morning, currently at £338. I’m sure EJ will wait until they have sold that flight out at high prices before officially cancelling ours & taking that opportunity to switch away

If only I could predict the lottery numbers as well as I do easyjet. Got the email today, Friday flight has been cancelled! Who'd have seen that coming, and yes you guessed it the Saturday morning flight is now fully booked....so it's Saturday evening a full 24 hours later.
Not to bothered as I don't think we will be going anyway but thought I might as well take it on the chance the governments actually do something beyond my expectations and get the vaccine rolled out fast
latest report
After rescheduling flights once following their cancellation, I have now received another email cancelling the (new) outward Mcr-Geneva flight on 5th February.
Think I'll cut my losses and get a refund even if it is sonly £47 per flight.
From all the above I see myself very easily wasting £94 of my time (and still live with the risk they'll cancel at the last minute causing massive upset/annoyance/shattered dreasm etc etc....).
If things calm down and ski areas open up in February then we go if we are willing to pay a higher last minute price or we don't go Sad
latest report
That’s our outgoing flight from Edi to Ven in Feb dropped from schedule. No email fro EJ yet and still showing in our area on the app. March flights still ok. Hey ho - was expecting this That’s it till 2022 !
ski holidays
If you would still consider going on a ski holiday and not desperate for the money back, I’d wait until the last moment to cancel with you being able to move the flight date for free. Mean you don’t have to pay more if you did end up still being able to go
snow conditions
@DanB234, when I changed our LTN-SZG flights in March only the fee was free. The value of the original flight was credited to cost of the new one and you paid the difference.
snow conditions
@HutToHut, I mean if the flights have been cancelled sorry. I think you then get to pick new flights for free.
ski holidays
HutToHut wrote:
@DanB234, when I changed our LTN-SZG flights in March only the fee was free. The value of the original flight was credited to cost of the new one and you paid the difference.

I'm sure that's how Easyjet will operate - the "moving the flight date for free" will just mean that they won't charge you a change fee, you'll still need to pay the difference in flight prices I fully expect. Smile
latest report
Looks like the free bit will be restricted, from easyjet.com
Quote:

Switch to another easyJet flight for free. This includes the option to select a different arrival and departure airport within the same country of the original booking if you wish.

I would still expect to pay the difference else I could have changed to Gibraltar 2022 flights! Damn Very Happy
ski holidays
Just had the email from EZ saying the Sun VCE>BRS flight has been cancelled. As I'd already cancelled it (the outbound was cancelled and you get a refund for the booking, not the flight) not a big deal. If the BB happens I'll be going from/to LHR with BA.

It does look like EZ are cancelling a big chunk of flights though.
snow conditions
@MorningGory, Exactly, I'm looking at the EOSB flights and Easy is an option but id rather fly with BA knowing that I may have a lot of alternatives on the same day.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
HutToHut wrote:

I'm sure that's how Easyjet will operate - the "moving the flight date for free" will just mean that they won't charge you a change fee, you'll still need to pay the difference in flight prices I fully expect. Smile

If it is an EU airline/destination and the airline cancels, but the destination airport is still operating and you still want to travel at the same time, then it is the airline's responsibility to get you there, at their expense.

It could of course mean you get offered a flight 24 hours earlier or later, or even something really inconvenient like a stopover in Ukraine! Clearly they hope that most people will decide to voluntarily change their dates / departure / destination - and pick up any additional cost themselves.
snow conditions
@ecureuil, But most people would realise the situation we're in accept it and adapt rather than going through a whole lot of grief 'cos of my rights' (which I'm not sure about anyway Very Happy ).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy