Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Easter flights 2020 shared experiences

Poster: A snowHead
sorry to hear that snowhound. When the time comes I’m definitely going to request a refund. To be honest, if the flight is not cancelled I’ll move it, as after one Of our family is still recovering from picking “something” up on our ski holiday in February, it’ll be a while before we want to sit in a tube with 300 strangers. We’ll move it to next year in the hope the world is in a better place by then. No guarantees on that though I know.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
norris wrote:
Called 0161 774 9861, option 1. Just called and they processed my outstanding 900 back on to my card. no questions asked.

Thank you very much for the info/number, excellent information Little Angel just rang it, took 16 goes to get through but very straightforward. Refund requested, she said 3-5 days to process.

Just to do Ciara’s and we’re all sorted.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@norris, you absolute legend! Got through first time, after offering voucher etc I asked for a refund. Said I’d get it in 7 days and got the email confirmation already!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, yep its the Easyjet Batphone number!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a flight out on 3rd April returning 15th, and had received the usual cancellation emails and voucher offers. Can't remember exactly when, but probablyu after receiveing the status update from the CEO on 4th April (where he confirmed refunds were being offered), I sent them a mail using their contact form making the refund request. Got an email back on Fri 10th (at 23:30) with this information
Easyjet wrote:
If you prefer a refund, email your request to flightrefund@easyJet.com.  As soon as your refund is processed, we will send you an email confirmation. It is extremely important that you enter the following information in the subject line of the email, in the same format as shown below.  This will ensure we can process your request quickly. If you have more than one booking reference, please submit separate requests.
Subject Line : Booking Reference/Departure Date/EN

Example : ABC1D2E/16042020/EN

So did immediately what they asked, the request was acknowledged Sat 17:30, notification of refund to card Tues 15:15, and now refund appearing in online statement.

It's easy to criticise, with the removal of the refund button, but it's an unprecedented situation and they have immense challenges. But they've got their act in order now, and I think they're doing well in the circumstances. No complaints.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
norris wrote:
@kitenski, yep its the Easyjet Batphone number!

Have you had the money appear?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kitenski, just checked. in this morning so took 48 hours.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've had a partial refund. I paid in two parts - flights & a bag. Then added bag & seats. The first has been paid last night, so just a day after request. Pretty good I reckon.

Edit: rest of refund received overnight.

Conflicted now, actually impressed with the speed and efficiency of this refund process but still incredibly frustrated that they made it so difficult to ask for.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 17-04-20 9:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
denfinella wrote:
A positive development on our cancelled mid-March flights.

After 30+ days of "refund being processed", we managed to get through to the EasyJet call centre this morning to chase the refund, as advised on the Covid-19 section of the website. They immediately agreed to process the refund (they also asked if we'd prefer travel credit, which we declined).

A quick update to say that I've checked my credit card statement and we have been fully refunded (and the date of the transaction is the same day we rang them - last Sunday).

So thumbs up to EasyJet from us. Next up, Ryanair...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just rung EasyJet on the above number - answered after 4 rings a money should be refunded to my card in next 3-5 days. Next job - Flybe from credit card.....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i wish there was one of these numbers for BA - i've been waiting a month for my refund Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Same for me here
just rang - no wait- 2 bookings fully refunded to my card in 3-5 days
confirmation email already received
thanks Norris Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just tried ringing that number. Got through, but was hanging on and hanging on listening to a tinny, very annoying woman wailing in whatever passes for modern calming music these days rolling eyes Will try the e mail address as above.
No communication from credit card company as yet re S.75 charge back claim.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Grizzler wrote:
Just tried ringing that number. Got through, but was hanging on and hanging on listening to a tinny, very annoying woman wailing in whatever passes for modern calming music these days rolling eyes Will try the e mail address as above.
No communication from credit card company as yet re S.75 charge back claim.

I would suggest persevering- following my success ,and passing on the phone number -my father called them - got cut off twice on the first two calls but on attempt number 3 (10 minutes later) he got through immediately and was done and dusted in under 5 mins
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So did the Bat Phone No. @norris, 4 min wait. Spoke to a human and asked for vouchers. Done and dusted in 10 mins total. Email received while still on phone:

Value: 308.37 GBP
Reference: XXXX
Codeword: XXXXXX
Expiry Date: 16 April 2021

"Your flight voucher can be used against the cost of a new booking or to add extras such as hold luggage, allocated seating etc. to a new or existing booking too. In order to use your voucher you will need to call our Customer Service Team".

Perfect. Just need to choose the new dates and might wait until things have calmed down before calling them again. October might be about right!!
ski holidays
It looks like the online refund form is up and running, the email address flightrefund@easyJet.com now generates an auto response with a link to the Help Hub as below.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/coronavirus/online-support/q0
snow conditions
Update on the batphone.

If you get the generic we're busy message, just hang up as it will disconnect you. Keep trying and when you get the answer with the option to press 1 for English etc, choose your option and then wait.

I was on hold for all of 30 seconds after selecting my language preference and the person processed my refund request with no fuss.

Thanks for the tip!!
snow report
My flights for the EOB have now been cancelled, so I checked them on the app and was given the options of changing flight or a refund. At the bottom of the page was a button for ‘What are my other options’ or something similar. I clicked on the link for requesting a refund and was presented with a refund request form. I filled that in with my details I.e. Booking ref, name and email address and just got a blank page back but scrolled back up and the form had disappeared and replaced by a successfully submitted message. I’ll let you know what happens.
latest report
 fizzer
fizzer
I've rung that number 15 times in close succession. Nothing doing.
snow conditions
Rupert Rich wrote:
It looks like the online refund form is up and running,

Thanks. Yep, just followed https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/coronavirus/online-support/q0 as suggested, and it took me straight to a very simple form, just needed booking reference. Took all of 30 seconds and got a sibmission confirmation on screen saying could be 28-90 days.
(Both my flights for the EoSB cancelled now.)
snow conditions
 fizzer
fizzer
Thanks for that Grizz, form submitted. First time I've booked with these bandits. Also the last.
snow report
Looks like EasyJet are possibly getting things together after all the bad press.

I received an email tonight and they are extending our EasyJet plus membership by 3 months.
latest report
Got my refund in the bank this morning Smile
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
Got my refund in the bank this morning Smile

same - rang Thursday- money credited to my card yesterday
latest report
I have a return trip booked from Basel back to the UK for the end of May and have received an email from Easyjet saying not cancelled yet but they know it might be and that I might not want to fly regardless. They are therefore offering for me to change for free or receive a “thank-you” voucher if I take the credit. I do intend to fly once things open up again so I theory I’m happy with the credit. I was about to mail the address in the email to take them up on it when I noticed the following text:
Quote:
Bookings transferred or issued with vouchers will not be eligible for a refund in the event of flight cancellation.

Which seems a fairly concerning risk to take on a flight in the next 12 months! If most people on a given flight paid with voucher/transfer then what is their inclination to even run it?

It also looks like the voucher can only be used for one booking, so if (as looks likely), my eventual replacement flight is cheaper than the original then I would lose the difference. To further complicate matters I had a car hire booking included in the booking and I’ve no idea what happens with that...

This “offer” is only valid until 1st May and my outbound flight is for the 16th May. Can anyone who has been through the process already for earlier flights advise if I can get a proper “credit” if the flight is actually cancelled? Obviously that carries with it the risk that if they do decide to run it I lose the lot.
snow report
They are trying to force your hand by putting 'offer runs out 1st may'-don't blame them - I read it costs £5million per day to run Easyjet atm without a flight even taking off.
like any business ,they are trying to mitigate losses and keep ,at least, some revenue coming in.
Personally ,I would gamble that your flight was going to be cancelled (I can't see flights taking off for a good while yet)-sit it out and then either ask for a refund or transfer flight after the original one is cancelled.
snow conditions
I’ve rescheduled our Spanish flights to next year at a total increase of £48. We’ve decided to take our teens too (will probably regret that Very Happy ) but because we dithered over a week doing so, the cost per person rose from about £80 to £150. Every time I refreshed the screen the price was shooting up. Clearly a very popular flight. It’s just that only I have decided to allocate seats because the plane diagram shows It as otherwise empty!! I hate these sorts of tactics.
snow report
"First time I've booked with these bandits. Also the last."

Shocked

Unprecedented circumstances at the moment. Seems like they are doing ok to me.

Then again - I'm a veteran of hundreds of EJ flights, so have lots of positive experience of an airline that has undoubtedly changed travel for the better for millions of folk throughout Europe.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bergmeister, yes I'd agree with you. I've used easyjet many times, and have had many positive experiences. They impressed me when our Geneva flight was cancelled due to an air traffic controllers strike. They put us up in a lovely hotel, with two rooms with an adjoining door so we lots of space. Free food and good facilities. Apart from the lack of clean clothes, we've actually got some nice memories of the 3 days we spent in Geneva.

I knew that it wouldn't be easy to get the refund, but I also anticipated that easy jet would play fairer than Ryanair. I sent my email request to flightrefund@easyJet.com about ten days ago - I knew it would take longer to process than a phone call, but was also loathed to spend hours on the phone trying to get through to them (at least not as a first resort). This morning I had email confirmation that they were refunding me. It hasn't hit my bank account yet but expect that in the next 24 hours or so.
latest report
Just got an email from EJ stating that my refund has been processed. Took about 2 weeks.
snow report
Easyjet cancelled our flights, as expected on 5 April from Manchester to Geneva. We tried to obtain a refund but after many, many attempts at trying to speak to someone in customer services, pressed the request a voucher button. This was on the 7 April, as of today, we still haven't received the voucher or indeed any communication from Easyjet at all. I have tried ringing the number 0330 365 5000 but still can't get through. I've also tried using their 'contact us form' but it doesn't seem to be working. Has anybody else had to wait this long for their refund or voucher? Have any Snowheads had success using a different telephone number?
snow report
@wishfulthinker, check back through this thread. There's a Manchester number we've being calling the "batphone" which appears to be doing the trick. There's also an email address which gets straight to refund form. I used email to apply for refund, no money het but did receive an email acknowledgement.
ski holidays
I've e mailed and filled in the online refund form (cancelled flights for 18 and 25 April) but had only an acknowledgment as yet. I guess that they're working slowly through them.
Mind you, I put in a credit card charge back much earlier on, and only even got an acknowledgement from them a few days ago. Must be swamped and struggling. Can't imagine why.
snow report
 fizzer
fizzer
Manchester number is a myth. Recorded message telling you to ring customer service number. Refund@easyjet is a myth. Automated response sorry this mailbox is not monitored etc.

Sadly the rosy picture painted by the fanboys is also a myth. After weeks of trying I spoke to customer service this morning and after several attempts to give me a voucher the person got snotty and accepted my request for a refund.

Lufthansa on the other hand took 2minutes 38 seconds to sort a refund on the first time of trying. No pressure for a voucher and a very polite manner.
ski holidays
@wishfulthinker, @fizzer,
Try www.easyjet.com/en/refund-form
It takes you to a simple form requesting booking number etc
I had confirmation email stating...we will try to refund within 28 days.
A friend went the same route a few days ago.
Check the thread as Manchester number had results a week or so ago
Good luck
latest report
 fizzer
fizzer
Forgot to add I used that link on April 17th as stated above. No email confirmation was given and they had no record of it.

Try ringing the Manchester number if you like.
latest report
@fizzer, Just trying to be helpful. This email gave me a confirmation reference number (ID) on 27 April 2020.
There seem to be a lot of different links, many of which go to the voucher option.
snow report
fizzer wrote:
Manchester number is a myth. Recorded message telling you to ring customer service number. Refund@easyjet is a myth. Automated response sorry this mailbox is not monitored etc.

Sadly the rosy picture painted by the fanboys is also a myth. After weeks of trying I spoke to customer service this morning and after several attempts to give me a voucher the person got snotty and accepted my request for a refund.

Lufthansa on the other hand took 2minutes 38 seconds to sort a refund on the first time of trying. No pressure for a voucher and a very polite manner.

Fanboys? Anyone in particular you're referring to?

For anyone else struggling.. flightrefund@easyJet.com worked well for me. Just put you booking reference\date of flight\EN in the email title. Took about ten days to get the refund back which seemed reasonable. It would have been a hell of a lot easier if they just put a refund button on the website. At least the email address approach was straight forward, and I didn't have to spend any time on the phone trying to get through.
latest report
fizzer wrote:
Manchester number is a myth. Recorded message telling you to ring customer service number.

It was a very handy myth when it worked, got me & my daughter (who had a different booking) refunds in 48hours after weeks of frustration trying other numbers.
latest report
I've searched this (and other threads) but can't find anyone who has managed to get a refund for flight out (in our case on 19 March - Bournemouth to GVA) which wasn't actually cancelled, and return flight which was cancelled. We would not have been allowed to board the flight out as Switzerland would not have allowed us in.

Has anyone got a refund for a flight that wasn't actually cancelled but which we would not have been allowed to board?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy