Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Easter flights 2020 shared experiences

Poster: A snowHead
@Handy Turnip, Let me approach this from a different angle. If you had failed to turn up for the outbound flight, they wouldn't still have a reservation for you on the return leg, other than if you had contacted them with the reason you never flew out. So absolutely no reason (and I`m sure your return leg will be cancelled in due course) why they wouldn't be refunding both legs
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've sent them three DMs and no reply!! All polite
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jafa, yes, what you've said makes complete logical sense. I think they'll end up cancelling the return leg anyway at some point. My only nervousness is that I mean like easyjet are looking at every loophole possible to keep my money!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My wife moved her flights for mid May GVA-BRS to December but had to pay an extra fiver.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just noticed that you can now fly to Geneva up to the end of March (I'm sure this was end of Feb before) - are they slowly opening up their schedule? Could be an interesting development for those interested in Easter 2021...?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Handy Turnip wrote:
Good news, @franga, at least it gives us all hope. How long did it take them from first communication?

Were both your flights cancelled? I've got a strange situation where the outbound flight has been cancelled but the inbound one a week later is still live. Surely they have to refund both, as if I can't get a flight out, then I can't get a flight back?

I first contacted them on 19 March - so 2 weeks ...

No, only my return flight on 23 March was cancelled by easyJet. BUT, obviously, I didn't fly out on Thursday 19 March as the Alps were in lockdown at that point.

I honestly think you should be fine - other than trying to entice me with a voucher / credit they didn't really try to dispute and drag the claim out ... I genuinely think they're overwhelmed and staff are trying to navigate through as many calls and messages as fast as they can.

As with every single other airline they are having massive cash flow issues now ... hence, the furloughing of pilots, crew and staff and also the flash seat sales we saw last week.

Good luck.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @franga, much appreciated. The knowledge sharing on this site has been invaluable as always.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My flight to Geneva on 11 April now cancelled. Return flight not yet cancelled but being offered a voucher for both flights. Looks like vouchers now valid for 12 months which is better.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So just out of interest has anybody actually been able to get a refund for their cancelled flights from Easyjey?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or get voucher that you’ve been able to use
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Or get voucher that you’ve been able to use
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
While I haven't yet had a specific confirmation that my flights later in April have been cancelled, I have just received an email from easyjet which included the following...

Quote:
This means that throughout April, there will be no easyJet flights operating anywhere on our network other than for repatriation.

If your flight is cancelled as a result of this, I am sorry. Our customer service team will be in touch to let you know how to switch to a new flight, get a voucher or be reimbursed. We are currently dealing with an unprecedented number of calls and are working hard to try and process these as quickly as we can - however, with a number of our service centres directly affected by government restrictions, it may take longer than usual and so we thank you for your patience.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've tried to ring numerous times, sent 3 polite DMs on Twitter, zero reply. Just asked my bank to collect the monies for me under their chargeback scheme.

Sadly I won't be using Easyjet again, jet2 however did a prompt refund so will be top of the pile when/if we fly again.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bank tell me I have to wait 2 weeks and document everything I've done to contact them!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I’ve had an updated email which now says my booking has now been fully refunded to my credit card (dated yesterday). Credit card account does yet show the credit so I’m guessing it will clear today or tomorrow.
ski holidays
@jirac18, how did you start the refund process off?
ski holidays
Booked return flights Bristol to Basel in December for travel out on Sunday 29 March returning Wednesday 1 April.

EasyJet cancelled all travel to Switzerland on March 16th. They emailed me to confirm the cancellation of my booking. I then checked in the EJ App bookings and my flights were still shown as valid. It was suggested to me to check the website rather the app which I duly did.

Within my booking on the website I had to select change flights and then there was a small button which said Refund. I selected refund as didn’t want a voucher due to the booking being for two different families.

I received automated response that my booking had been amended and that the refund was being processed. I have periodically checked it’s status and it has until yesterday remained the same “being processed”.

Yesterday received eight emails from EJ representing one for each passenger and leg of the return journey and a final email detailing the full breakdown of the refund. It stated refund to credit card used for payment dated 07/04/20.

If it hasn’t credited by tomorrow I’ll call my bank to see if it is pending but I’ve no reason to think it won’t credit.

That’s it. Simple and thankfully straightforward for me. No contact with customer services, messages etc etc just the above process.
snow report
@jirac18, thank you very much for the info.
snow report
Hope it helps give folks an idea of timeline in process. I suspect they are overwhelmed. I activated the refund at the very earliest opportunity and has still taken almost a month to process. So anyone who was delayed in commencing their own process has to expect it will taken much longer one would imagine.
ski holidays
@jirac18, yeah, the refund button is no longer available.
latest report
@@jirac18, you are very lucky! they have removed the refund button altogether which is just daft and causing all sorts of customer satisfaction issues.
latest report
Not sure luck has anything to do with it. I was diligent and acted the second I could in order to protect my interest and taking advantage of the process that was available at the time.
snow report
@jirac18, good news. I'm a few days behind you so fingers crossed
snow report
@jirac18, lucky because the refund process that was in place, has now been removed! Nothing to do with diligence or speed for those unlucky ones who have no way of protecting their interests due to Easyjet removing the button and hanging onto everyones money.
snow conditions
Hmm BA have made themselves totally non contactable re refunds/rebookings so no real option but to click through for a voucher (of unknown worth). Guess I was lucky when Easyjet cancelled my flights a couple of weeks ago they did have refund buttons.
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, I got through to BA on the phone - was meant to fly with them 10 days ago. Was on hold for 30 mins or so. They have said will get a refund - but might take 28 days.....
snow conditions
@jirac18, glad to hear you've got a refund. Ours is still "being processed" despite requesting the refund at least week earlier than you. Fingers crossed!

Also, my partner has informed me that the app now says "processing request", whereas it previously said "processing refund"...
ski holidays
Sorry if this has been posted before.....I've just checked a number of EJ flights to different destinations in April. All of them are "sold out", not "cancelled". They are selling from 1 May onwards.
I've been checking regularly for a flight on 30 April. "Holiday Extras" emailed me yesterday to cancel my parking. Even though I paid extra for cancellation insurance they have tried to offer me a voucher only.
I wasn't expecting to be able to fly on 30 April, but EJ didn't tell me !!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jirac18 wrote:
Booked return flights Bristol to Basel in December for travel out on Sunday 29 March returning Wednesday 1 April.

EasyJet cancelled all travel to Switzerland on March 16th. They emailed me to confirm the cancellation of my booking. I then checked in the EJ App bookings and my flights were still shown as valid. It was suggested to me to check the website rather the app which I duly did.

Within my booking on the website I had to select change flights and then there was a small button which said Refund. I selected refund as didn’t want a voucher due to the booking being for two different families.

I received automated response that my booking had been amended and that the refund was being processed. I have periodically checked it’s status and it has until yesterday remained the same “being processed”.

Yesterday received eight emails from EJ representing one for each passenger and leg of the return journey and a final email detailing the full breakdown of the refund. It stated refund to credit card used for payment dated 07/04/20.

If it hasn’t credited by tomorrow I’ll call my bank to see if it is pending but I’ve no reason to think it won’t credit.

That’s it. Simple and thankfully straightforward for me. No contact with customer services, messages etc etc just the above process.

Full refund credited to my account this morning. Thank you EJ
snow report
Just had an email requesting feedback on my experience with easyjet
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Hmm BA have made themselves totally non contactable re refunds/rebookings so no real option but to click through for a voucher (of unknown worth). Guess I was lucky when Easyjet cancelled my flights a couple of weeks ago they did have refund buttons.

I received emails today from BA cancelling 4 BA sectors I had booked for May. Rather than call they have advised they will automatically refund all monies paid to my original payment card in the next 7/10 days.
ski holidays
Handy Turnip wrote:
kitenski wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just checked the app and it now says they are working hard to get an 'online refund form up and running'.
ski holidays
Got e mail this morning from EJ cancelling my outward flight to GVA for the EOSB, 18 April, though not yet the return one a week later.
Simply says that a voucher is available, no refund or other option mentioned. Have sent them a complaint message.
Not heard from the credit card company yet re S.75 chargeback. Guess that they're a little busy too...
snow report
We instigated a s75 chargeback via Amex last week for a day trip return the Edinburgh which was cancelled and heard today that our account has been credited.
I feel sympathy for easyJet etc al, but the removal of the online refund option, pushing vouchers/flight changes is a rather cynical way to stop folk getting a refund.
We don’t need the Edinburgh flights anymore so a refund made sense, have other flights booked with easyJet later in the year where rebooking may be a viable option.
snow conditions
A positive development on our cancelled mid-March flights.

After 30+ days of "refund being processed", we managed to get through to the EasyJet call centre this morning to chase the refund, as advised on the Covid-19 section of the website. They immediately agreed to process the refund (they also asked if we'd prefer travel credit, which we declined). This was after failing to get into the phone queue yesterday lunchtime.

1. If your own refund is already "being processed", I'd suggest waiting until it's been 30+ days since you requested it, then give them a ring (as soon after 8am as possible, otherwise you might not be allowed to join the queue).

2. If your flight has been cancelled but you haven't been able to request a refund yet, give them a ring on the same number to ask for one (again, as soon after 8am as possible), but no need to wait 30+ days. The refund may then take a little while to be processed, but at least you've started the ball rolling.

I agree it's a bit annoying that EasyJet removed the online refund button, however, I understand it given the unusual circumstances. It means they can retain a larger proportion of customers' money but without removing the refund option altogether. They should, however, make it clear that a refund is still permitted by phoning if you don't want travel credit. Also, based on my experience so far, it hasn't been too difficult to get through to them.
snow report
I’m willing to bet all of us unable to fly now will face very increased flight prices when we need to rebook. They’re only saying they’ll move flights free of charge - not how much those rescheduled flights will cost. I think it would be fair to have a maximum percentage increase across the sector so we don’t get stiffed when we rebook.

I had a good deal on June flights this year and am happy to push them to next June (rather than ask for a refund) and accept there will be a bit of an increase in cost. I shall be mighty hacked off if that price has doubled though. Not that there’s anything I can do about it.
snow conditions
@bambionskiis, certainly the case for Swiss. Had £500 for 4 return for 11-18 April this year. Equivalent flights next year around £300each way. Voucher...? No thanks, refund. Pity as I would have been happy to rebook if they were the same or a similar price.
snow report
EJ have now got a special section for managing disruption. It includes the following statement:

"You have up to 12 months to request a refund and we’re working hard on getting an online request form live. So, if you can wait, we’d encourage you to check back here at a later time."
ski holidays
Called 0161 774 9861, option 1. Just called and they processed my outstanding 900 back on to my card. no questions asked.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy