Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shout out to Insurance4carhire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nope, not coronavirus related!

I know there's often questions on here about third party car rental excess policies, and wanted to share a very positive experience with Insurance4carhire, who I bought an annual policy from last year.

I had a rental from Avis at Geneva in Jan this year, where for the first time in my life, I returned the car without watching the final check-in.

Within 30 mins, I had an email from Avis with a photo of a very small paint chip on the edge of the passenger door. For which they wanted CHF1000 for a new door!. I had no idea if I'd done it, or it had been on the car already, but that's life, and, apart from £90 for a scuffed wheel trim, it's the only time in over 200 rentals that I've had an "incident" on a hire car, so I can live with that. I think I'm still ahead in that game...

Short story is that despite what felt to me like a very high claim cost from Avis, Insurance4carhire paid up with no issues at all. Furthermore, they've informed me that they will go and contest the claim with Avis, but in the meantime (and if they're unsuccessful) I get the money.

The process is all handled online, it was very easy AS LONG AS you have every bit of paperwork they needed (which I did), which is submitted just as .jpg or .pdf. Importantly, you need to keep the original rental papers that you're handed at the time of rental, to prove the excess and your agreement to it.

Furthermore, my policy had actually expired by the time I made the claim, but since the claim was in the coverage period (albeit 2 days from the end, which I was worried would look suspicious!) they had no issues.

I'll definitely renew, for the ease of claim and peace of mind.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've had similarly good service from them on a couple of occasions in the past. Once for a punctured tyre and once for a carpark ding to the door in similarly suspicious circumstances to you (also Avis IIRC). The claims were handled quickly and hassle free. Your point about making sure you keep all the original paperwork from the car rental is a good one.

Insurance4carhire offer cash back through the various cashback websites (Topcashback, Quidco). Last policy I had with them cost £50 and I got £15 cash back, which was promptly converted in to Avois to help fund the cost of flights to GVA and elsewhere.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Same experience. Recommended
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Similar experience with the cover provided by Amex through my credit card. A questionable £1300 damage scratch on front wing with Avis. All done on online which was pretty straight forward.
Was well impressed/ relieved
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I slightly struggle to see how I4CH makes money - I'll renew forever now given how good this experience was, but it'll take them 20 years to get back what I've just cost them.

I also like they fact that they'll go and have a punch-up with Avis, as the cost involved seemed disproportionate, so maybe they can get the cost down a bit.

I did notice on subsequent rentals, that on return, the Avis Geneva guys were going round cars with torches in order to see even the smallest scratches - this was a new level of scrutiny vs last season when they took a quick glance and signed off the car.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
also found them to be really good & helpful, always recommend. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had similar trouble with Avis in the UK ages ago. Miniscule damage to a door trim and they wanted to charge me hundreds for it. When I dropped the car off the check in girl had let slip that it was going to be sold at auction now, so I said to Avis send me the repair bill and I'll pay it. Needless to say it never arrived.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been a while since I hired a car but on return I try to park in full view of the desk then go carefully round the car taking lots of photos. This is mostly as a show to demonstrate that I’m aware of their little games and, hopefully, they’ll leave me alone.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is really helpful info. I take an excess policy with Insurance4hire but was never sure what would happen in the event of a claim. Now I know. Thanks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowdave wrote:
I slightly struggle to see how I4CH makes money - I'll renew forever now given how good this experience was, but it'll take them 20 years to get back what I've just cost them.

same. I reciprocated once and reapd them when I actually got a refund from the hire company after I4CH had paid out
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for making a big show of checking. I always summonse someone to add items. Wastes a lot of time but....I keep meaning to write myself a checklist. Last but two car hire on which I had had loads of extra dinks listed when I returned the bloke just remarked it wasn't a very good vehicle!! Last but one I hired had 32 things noted before I added a couple. I even got one company to accept the whole bumper was knackered. Touch wood have managed not to have to claim on excess policy but no doubt it will happen. OH hired from Enterprise at Gatwick yesterday and they seemed very sensible on what was allowable - you knacker the sidewall you pay but a scratched alloy is ok.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have also claimed. They quickly paid. Use them every year and hire cars at the lowest prices with huge excesses, confident that Insurance4carhire will cover me.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@countryman, I have nothing but praise for Enterprise with every hire I’ve had with them. I’ve even flown to a less convenient airport to make sure i could hire with them.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am going through the claims process now following an "incident" returning a hire car to Wiber in Alicante.

Hard sell at pick up and the man was not happy that I had Insurance4HireCar cover. He actually told me that I needed to take out their own insurance policy so that I didn't miss my flight when I dropped the car back as they would carry out extensive checks on it.

Walked around the car photographing all the damage that they missed and emailed it to them. This wasn't easy as it was 10:30pm and I was reliant on artificial light and also crouching down with my iPhone torch. Still, I thought that I had got everything.

Returned to car to a very pleasant employee who checked it and found some dents on the top of the bonnet. Not sure if they were there when I check but they were so miniscule you could only see them from about 6 inches away in blazing sunshine. Cue an argument and a grumpy bus ride to the terminal.

Never had any issues with car hire from GVA...last one was with Alamo, through a broker, and then entire experience was excellent. Me and two kids got off the plane, collected bag, no queue at car hire, check of car and away. Impeccable on the way back with a very helpful man to check the car.

Most infuriating bit was actually the car hire bus....I'll walk next time!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy