Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Package holiday refund

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
We're currently investigating what money we can get back after being repatriated from La Plagne by Neilson. They have advised they will not be offering any refunds due to the "extraordinary situation". I've seen "The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018" mentioned elsewhere on here...

"Price reduction and compensation for damages
16.—(1) The provisions of this regulation are implied as a term in every package travel contract.

(2) The organiser must offer the traveller an appropriate price reduction for any period during which there is a lack of conformity, unless the organiser proves that the lack of conformity is attributable to the traveller.

(3) The organiser must offer the traveller, without undue delay, appropriate compensation for any damage which the traveller sustains as a result of any lack of conformity.

(4) The traveller is not entitled to compensation for damages under paragraph (3) if the organiser proves that the lack of conformity is—

(a)attributable to the traveller;
(b)attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel services included in the package travel contract and is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
(c)due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances.

So maybe we are entitled to a price reduction but not compensation...does anyone know more than me?

Or is it a case of getting what we can from our travel insurance and taking our business elsewhere next year?

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nosnow77, Are they offering credit for next year or nothing at all?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nothing at all so far.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They may be concentrating on getting their staff back from resorts and under a lot of pressure, so could have acted in haste... there's always an alternative way to look at things.

Appreciate you're out of pocket, and if the money is your primary concern then I'd check your insurance T&C - if they'll cover the cancellation go down that route.

My insurers, for example won't accept the claim for a trip I had planned because the FCA haven't advised against travelling into France... if they do advise against that/France closes it's borders to inbound UK travel then I'll be filing for it. Otherwise, like many others, i'll be out of pocket by a sizable (to me, anyway) amount of money!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@nosnow77, Have a look at this thread - it is relevant to your dilemma

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=152150
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @marksymoo, - I can't fault the staff on the ground in what was clearly a difficult situation. We (hopefully) should be able to get something from the insurance if necessary, just keen to explore all avenues. I totally sympathise with your situation - hopefully the advice may be updated before your trip...

Thanks @albob - some interesting reading.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy