Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Refunds and cancellations - who have been the good guys?

Poster: A snowHead
Inghams - this seems to back up the ‘we know it’s going to shut but if we send you anyway we’re not liable’ school of thought.

Will I be entitled to a full refund if Inghams has to curtail my holiday?

If your holiday has to be curtailed while you are in resort due to circumstances beyond our control, refunds will not be made for any unused portion of your package holiday, travel or accommodation arrangements which is not attributable to any failure on our part or the part of our suppliers to provide these services.

We will of course ensure that arrangements are in place to bring you back to the UK, but any claims should be made under your own travel insurance policy for any refunds of your travel, accommodation, and any other special activities, excursions or other services of your package holiday contract.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crystal - tho given their competitors stance, I wonder if they’ll follow through on that promise...!

We've had confirmation ski resorts in France will close tomorrow. We're really sorry as we know how disappointing this will be, especially given that you've only just arrived. We are looking at all options to get you home as soon as possible. We will update you as soon as we have more information. In the meantime we wanted to confirm that you'll receive a full refund of all monies paid for your holiday. Your Crystal Team.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ringingmaster wrote:
Has anyone tried to contact CGH for refund / re-booking? We have a booking from 4th April. There on nothing on https://www.cgh-residences.co.uk/

Their website was updated yesterday - they are offering a voucher to be used by October 2020. Not sure that’s going to be much use to most of their March/April customers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another shout out for SCGB for Instructor led guiding, especially since they contacted me rather than the other way round. I’m quite likely to join as a member next year as I thought that was exceptional service. However I know that there is inevitably knock-on impact on the ski school they use (New Gen in Tignes) and their instructors whom I’m guessing are effectively self employed Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A big thumbs up for Crystal, got an email on Thursday evening advising that our two booked trips one to Bad Hofgastein for this week and Obergurgl next month were cancelled and refunds would arrive to cards used within 14 days. Checked my finances this morning both full payments were credited yesterday. Well done guys
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
efsefs wrote:
Inghams - this seems to back up the ‘we know it’s going to shut but if we send you anyway we’re not liable’ school of thought.

Will I be entitled to a full refund if Inghams has to curtail my holiday?

If your holiday has to be curtailed while you are in resort due to circumstances beyond our control, refunds will not be made for any unused portion of your package holiday, travel or accommodation arrangements which is not attributable to any failure on our part or the part of our suppliers to provide these services.

We will of course ensure that arrangements are in place to bring you back to the UK, but any claims should be made under your own travel insurance policy for any refunds of your travel, accommodation, and any other special activities, excursions or other services of your package holiday contract.

I pointed out in an earlier post that if someone has bought a package holiday the company who arranged it cannot abrogate responsibility. They must comply with the legislation in relation to Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements 2018. You should read it through as Ingham's has a responsibility to refund.
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/634/contents/made

Also, check out the ABTA site in relation to these regulations
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FrediKanoute wrote:
Fiona0359 wrote:
vipul wrote:
YSE in Val disere height of irresponsibility we’re still offering to fly people out for a walking holiday !! No refund from them .
We emailed you last night saying we would be in touch. The offer of a walking holiday was before the resort was shut. You have twisted words.

And to me this is the problem with having a name and shame thread like this.......

Which is why this ISN'T a name and shame thread, it's a "...who have been the good guys" thread. If people can just read the thread title and post appropreatly we'll be fine...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dippy wrote:
Skiworld (package booked) - was due to travel this coming weekend - website says they will be in contact with us.
Understand their priority is getting all current guests/staff home asap, therefore, happy to wait to be contacted - but wondering how long I should leave it before contacting them?

I’m booked with Skiworld too, due to go out 28/03. Not heard anything from them yet and last update on their website is 15/03. Not sure how long to give them either.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IASI has offered full refund or credit for any course cancellation.. BASI is getting a fair amount of heat on FB at the moment...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
swoafs wrote:
ringingmaster wrote:
Has anyone tried to contact CGH for refund / re-booking? We have a booking from 4th April. There on nothing on https://www.cgh-residences.co.uk/

Their website was updated yesterday - they are offering a voucher to be used by October 2020. Not sure that’s going to be much use to most of their March/April customers.

Just to be fair to CGH, I see they are now offering the voucher to be used before 31 April 2021. That seems totally reasonable to me and we will be going back on that basis.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for Airbnb

My non-refundable accommodation booking in Zermatt let me rearrange for next season too which was great.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My DIY holiday to Arcs 1950.... It's off, and haven't been particularly pro-active in seeking out the refunds. (more pressing matters to hand, I think). That said i've had emails from:

Pierre et Vacances, offering to cancel and give me credit for a booking before November 2021. (That's fine by me, assuming this blows over and next season is 'on')
Intersport - cancelling/refunding ski hire
Effia, car parking for Arcs 1950 village - notification to refund.
Lift Pass - pre-paid - notification on what to do to get refund.

This leaves me with:

Ski Lessons (Spirit 1950 - haven't heard yet, nor have i chased up - but I will do in due course)

Ibis Budget hotel bookings for the overnights - yet to follow up on, but have heard on another thread here, that they are offering rebooking for another time (next year).... so i'll be ok with that.

Eurotunnel - booked on Tesco Vouchers. Haven't looked into it yet. Felt like a 'freebie' anyway.

Obvs, fuel, road tolls, and incidental expenses (which can be quite alot for family of 5) - haven't been incurred.

I feel good with the response thus far (given that i have so far had to do no chasing). Companies 'doing the decent' thing it seems to me...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DIY Holiday to Kaprun, we cancelled hotel ahead of announcement of closure of all resorts, Kaprunerhof hotel will still credit our deposit against next holiday despite us pulling the trigger rather than them.

Autoeurope car hire have up to 48h before travel no quibble cancellation.

Ryanair, well the less said the better!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sbcole7, No update on Skiworld website today - my understanding is that we 'should' receive a full refund (was due to travel this weekend) - I think its fair to give them time to deal with more urgent matters.
If I do hear anything from them I will let you know. Think I will give it a couple more days before trying to contact them.
good luck
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The question was "who have been the good guys", and one answer is the gal I rented an apartment in Kitzbühel from. Obviously I had to bail out and she gave me the choice of moving all my deposit to a future reservation, or to get a refund minus the €60 room prep charge that would go to the maid, an economically vulnerable person. An easy choice. If there is a next season, I'm going to stay in this place for sure.
snow report
Had P and O booking from Zeeb to Hull. When I decided to leg it I rang them. As it was their basic fare she said I could change it, but as it was over £200 she said I would lose the rest as per T and Vs. She suggested I book a separate ticket for today at 60 quid and change the more expensive one to my next trip!

Le Shuttle were asking £175 at the same time, there is loads of capacity on my sailing, so go into the bad guys slot.

+1 Ski Club. ILG is fab by the way.

Shout out for .gov.uk travel alerts very timely and accurate info. Sorted the wood from the trees when I woke at 0300 this morning.

And Davidof for his insight into French presidential thinking.
ski holidays
Just had the call from Mark Warner (due to travel to Tignes on the 22nd) - they offered full refund, or 10% off next years holiday, and all very straightforward.
snow report
@sbcole7, Received the following from Skiworld.
My understanding was we would be entitled to a full refund - however this is not being offered?

Dear Skiworld Guest,

Firstly, thank you for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times. We are so sorry that you will not be able to enjoy your ski holiday this season.

However, we are able to offer the following two options to our guests who have not been able to travel:
Holiday Deferral

Select a new holiday from us, travelling at any time during the 2021 season and enjoy - in addition to our generous Early Booking Ski-All-In Discounts of up to £170 per person - a further loyalty discount of £100 off per person.

If you choose this option and your booking fills a chalet we will also double our normal group discount.

If the holiday you choose is less than your original booking, we will credit your Skiworld account with the difference. You can then use this at any time within the next 3 years for any Skiworld holiday package or holiday extra (e.g. ski extras or Make It Your Own additions). If your chosen holiday is more, you will need to pay the balance – but this will not be due until the balance is payable on your new holiday, which is 10 weeks before your new departure date.

This option is open to you for a period of 2 weeks from the date of this email. If you would like to go ahead, please email us at: aftersales@skiworld.co.uk.
Holiday Credit

Alternatively, you can choose to have the amount you have paid for your (affected) holiday credited to your Skiworld account (we will send you a statement of the amount of your credit). As a gesture of goodwill, we will add £50 per person credit to every person who was booked to travel this winter and is taking the credit for next winter.

You can choose to redeem your credit against any Skiworld holiday in the 2021 season (travel before the end of April 2021). If you choose this option, you will enjoy the offers that may be in place at the time you book a new holiday rather than the discounts above. Don’t wait too long though as availability will be tight on many dates and we would not want you to miss out.

If the holiday you choose is less than your original booking, we will credit your Skiworld account with the difference. You can then use this at any time within the next 3 years for any Skiworld holiday package or holiday extra (e.g. ski extras or Make It Your Own additions). If your chosen holiday is more, you will need to pay the balance – but this will not be due until the balance is payable on your new holiday, which is 10 weeks before your new departure date.

We will be contacting over the next few days to discuss which of the two options you prefer.

Yours sincerely,
Skiworld Team
snow conditions
Pejoli wrote:
Just had the call from Mark Warner (due to travel to Tignes on the 22nd) - they offered full refund, or 10% off next years holiday, and all very straightforward.

+1 had the same call
snow conditions
@Dippy, seems a fair offer though
latest report
I’ve had a great response from Skiidy Gonzales for GVA/Avoriaz transfers - e mail back within 15mins to confirm refund, Skiset have just e mailed to say they will refund as well, ok we are within the timescale on their t’s and c’s but both hassle free so thumbs up to both of these companies.
snow report
Eurostar, for ski train services which I think are all now cancelled. Very easy claim process, with an email informing of cancellation and a link to the website which requires your booking reference (provided in the email) and asks if you want full refund or transfer booking to another service.
snow conditions
@Rookiescot, I had a phonecall from ESF today to process refund. Haven't heard from Opodo (flights) yet - has anyone else? their website is extremely difficult to navigate.
snow report
Mark Warner informed us by email at 10.30pm on Saturday that our Sunday morning departure was cancelled. That email also said we would be contacted this week and given the choice of carrying the holiday across to their summer programme or their Winter 20/21 programme, with a 10% discount in either case. Alternatively a full refund was on offer. On Monday afternoon, MW contacted me and I elected to take the refund. I took the refund for cash-flow reasons, although I fully expect I will use them next winter, and quite possibly in the summer as well. 11/10 for customer service and expediency of keeping their customers informed.

[edit] just seen the other MW posts above, apologies for duplication
snow report
Today I've had a cancellation email from Ski Amis re Les Menuires next week. Ski pass to be refunded but nothing else I've paid for, not even their transfer. Message is try claiming on your insurance. (Good luck with that one, they might as well have said. )
I've asked them if they will give credit for similar holiday early in the next season. No reply so far.
If they do give full credit, I obviously intend to use it.
If they refuse, I obviously am not going to consider them next time.
snow report
Flights to GVA on 26th with EasyJet- fully expect they’ll be cancelled following FCO advice today but no updates on EZ website yet..,
snow report
@Mother hucker, I agree, the offer seems fair. However, if we were to defer the holiday to next year, even accepting their discounts and loyalty offer we are looking at nearly £500pp more than we paid this year. We could take the holiday credit but that would tie us in to travelling with Skiworld - also, we are x3 separate adults (whose lives could go in different directions by next year) - and if Skiworld were to go into administration I'm unsure if my annual travel ins policy would cover a credit as it is not an actual booking.
Therefore at this moment in time I would prefer a full refund
ski holidays
Here are some bad guys!!

Ski-Lifts - refusing to refund or change a GVA/Morzine private transfer (375 euros).

Avoriaz Alpine Ski School - not offering refunds for private lessons for whole season!!!

And surprisingly good guys:

Skiset - full refund within 7 days - answered email within 24 hours

ESF - full refund for ski school

Lesson here, sadly is loyalty for small Morzine independents is misplaced - especially if this becomes a regular winter issue. Buyer beware.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another thumbs up for Crystal, had really good comms from them as things unfolded in Austria, then an email to say I didn't need to do anything, I would be refunded within 14 days, which is now sorted.. really impressed with how slick it's all been considering.

Additional kudos to the long stay parking at Gatwick too, no cancellation fee, all refunded without any fuss.

Can't help but feel I've dodged a bullet, and really feel for anyone left out of pocket. I usually do a DIY trip about this time in the season, due to mates not being around and work commitments I couldn't, so could easily have been look down the barrel of multiple non-refundable bookings
latest report
Anyone who booked with LeSki heard anything from them? They’ve said lift passes will be refunded but that’s all I’ve heard. Want to give them time but think I’ll have to call them tomorrow for an update.
latest report
I could be wrong, but what I'm seeing here is that the middle men and brokers (Air BnB, Skiset, etc and some tour ops depending on their model) are only too happy to arrange for the ultimate service provider to refund you. Not surprising, as they're not the ones out of pocket. I guess this is their role and what both service provider and receiver are signing up to if they use them.
snow report
@blacksheep, I'd give it a bit longer than that. There were lots of chalet staff driving out yesterday, responsible business owners will be the last ones out, making sure all those clueless teenage staff(well half of them) are home safely and the chalets are safe and secure.

They will need a couple of days to reset and think.

Yes your refund is important, but in the bigger scheme of things, getting everyone home safe is far more up the priorities list.
latest report
Go Massif transfers were brilliant. Easy to call to change transfers back to GVA. I actually had to make 2 changes. Big shout out to Matt, very helpful indeed.

Alpineresort - ski hire were brilliant too. Returned all kit on Sunday 15th in the morning (after collecting the day before upon arrival in resort). Had an email from them yesterday confirming the hire had been cancelled and full refund being made.

Pierre & Vacances sounds like will be good too. Was told they will be issuing a credit to be used next year. Only 2 nights of the booked 7 used so they will pro rota the refund.
snow conditions
Dippy wrote:
@sbcole7, Received the following from Skiworld.
My understanding was we would be entitled to a full refund - however this is not being offered?

I've posted this earlier. Check to see if your holiday comes under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. Check my earlier posts for the link. You may be entitled to a full refund irrespective of their booking conditions, depending on what you've bought.

Edit. For information a package holiday does not have to include travel. If you book accommodation and a ski pass as part of the same transaction, then this is a package under the terms of the 2018 regulations - the ABTA site explains the definitions

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 18-03-20 11:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Hotel le Soly Morzine - offered a full refund (but it’s not arrived yet)
Jet 2 - full refund (after a confusing standard email that said non-refundable)
BA - full refund
SERMA Avoriaz lift co - says full refund but unsurprisingly they’re taking a while - no biggie

Generally everyone we’ve dealt with has been great - and as the OP says, we’ll be giving them business in future.

BTW if anyone’s not seen the other thread, Easyjet have released next winter’s flights.
ski holidays
Quote:

BTW if anyone’s not seen the other thread, Easyjet have released next winter’s flights.

@andy from embsay, Laughing
ski holidays
Les Arcs lift company. Made it very easy to process refund claims via dedicated page on their website for Covid-19 cancellations. Opt for cash refund or replacement pass for next season, pro rata refund for season passes. Proof of the pudding will be when the money arrives in my account, but I’m very impressed so far.
snow report
Flights booked to Geneva on 22nd March, accommodation, guiding and transfers booked separately. Flights not cancelled, FCO is no travel and no refunds offered by accommodation or guide. SKi Club GB insurance refuses to cover any of it. Say apes not covered if FCO advice is changed, also not covered if choose to travel against FCO advice. Absolutely hacked off and will not be renewing my membership. Anyone else got anywhere with Ski Club GB (SCGB) insurance?
latest report
mrlossyman wrote:
These companies should have their own insurance for these kind of risks.

They don't - at least it doesn't exist for tour ops or travel agencies.
snow report
Mate came out to St Martin on SnowExpress overnight bus from London. Their route uses the ferry and drops off at most Tarantase resorts ending in Val D’Isere.

She arrived on time on Saturday at 2pm. She had an email from them at 10.30 on Sat night, just a couple of hours after the announcement of resort closures saying that they were sending an “Evacuation bus” out and asking her to confirm is she wanted to be on it. She did, and was then kept up to date by email during Sunday with her likely collection time. She was picked up at about 5.30pm on Sunday. They were increasingly efficient and she says she will definitely use them again.
We did have to drop her down in Moutiers for the return leg, but that was understandable as they had used another bus co to do the last leg from Moutiers up to St Martin the previous day..

She’s used them twice as she is on a tight budget. The return trip was £100 including baggage (and skis).
Hats off to what is designed to be a budget service. I do hope they survive the chaos. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy