Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar ski train service to continue?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a couple of Eurostar ski train journeys planned before the end of the season, the first one due next weekend. They are currently offering the opportunity to cancel any bookings for travel due in the next month, receiving a credit note (e-voucher) for the full cost of your booking. This is good, but that e-voucher has to be booked by 30 June, for travel no later than 12 December 2020. I pointed out to Eurostar that this is no use to people who would wish to re-book another ski train journey next winter, which they said they understood but that was the offer. I then asked if they were continuing to operate the ski train service, and they said that
Quote:
There are no travel restrictions in place across the countries across our network and we continue to operate our services as normal and our Conditions of Carriage continue to apply. We remain in contact with the authorities and, should guidance change, we will publish any further updates and contact customers as appropriate.
Anyone think the French or British authorities will prohibit Eurostar train services from operating within the next week? I thought I saw some reference earlier today to the French government suspending rail services, or did I imagine that?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rob@rar, They are being very careful in their wording, they don't want to pay out. Their offer is BS as its not relevant to ski train. I would just complain like mad, escalate up, the chief exec is Mike Cooper contactable via email mike.cooper at eurostar.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller wrote:
@rob@rar, They are being very careful in their wording, they don't want to pay out. Their offer is BS as its not relevant to ski train. I would just complain like mad, escalate up, the chief exec is Mike Cooper contactable via email mike.cooper at eurostar.com
Yeah, it's a pain. I don't want a cash refund, more than happy to transfer my booking to next winter. I'll wait until as late as possible before claiming my e-voucher for next Saturday's journey in the hope that the service is cancelled, and then I'll be able to claim a cash refund. In the meantime I'll continue to push their customer service to be a bit more flexible, and will try a speculative email to their CEO.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rob@rar, will be interesting if they try run next weekends ski train. They must be terrified of a France shut down from a business perspective.

Good luck, with some prodding they should cave on the credit note. If they don’t then the Daily Mail is your friend Toofy Grin Laughing

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 15-03-20 19:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know if this relevant but the SNCF are reducing the train service internally in France. There is talk of a total lock in next week (from Wednesday) as the Parisians were ignoring the advice to stay indoors today and were out socializing in large numbers. The lock in will coincide with a skeleton train service running.

Pres. Macron to speak to the nation on Monday night, he's expected to announce a total lockdown.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller wrote:
If they don’t then the Daily Mail is your friend Toofy Grin Laughing
Laughing There's not a barge pole long enough for me to want to poke Eurostar with if it involves the Daily Mail!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof wrote:
I don't know if this relevant but the SNCF are reducing the train service internally in France. There is talk of a total lock in next week (from Wednesday) as the Parisians were ignoring the advice to stay indoors today and were out socializing in large numbers. The lock in will coincide with a skeleton train service running.

Pres. Macron to speak to the nation on Monday night, he's expected to announce a total lockdown.
Thanks, I guess this is what I picked up a little of from somewhere. I'd much rather that Eurostar were a bit more cooperative than see the whole thing shut down so that I can claim the cash back. But if that's what it takes for them to look after their passengers caught up in this, so be it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller wrote:
... the chief exec is Mike Cooper contactable via email mike.cooper at eurostar.com
Just a quick follow-up. I did email Mike Cooper and a few days later got a reply back from one of his executive team. This email essentially re-stated their policy, which was that any vouchers issued if a customer cancelled had to be used before 12 December. I followed that up to argue that for Ski Train customers this was useless, and while their policy might have been an oversight as the Ski Train is such a small part of their operation it did feel like it was a cynical move designed to not recompense their customers for a service which was likely unusable. I explained I would have been happy to claim a voucher, knowing it would ease their cashflow problems, but only if I could use that voucher in the future. After another few days they just replied to say that they were taking account of their customer feedback, so had changed the expiry date of refund vouchers from the ski train service so they could be used for any booking in the 2020/21 season.

That's all well and good, but in the meantime the ski train services for the rest of there winter were formally cancelled so I claimed a full cash refund on my bookings under their usual T&Cs because I was worried that I might lose all my money.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rob@rar, stupid of them as your initial argument was simple logic. I am 99% confident we will have a 20/21 season Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller wrote:
@rob@rar, stupid of them as your initial argument was simple logic. I am 99% confident we will have a 20/21 season Very Happy
Yeah, not smart planning on their part. I wanted to do what I thought was the correct thing, and provide a little bit of help with their cashflow, but unfortunately their policy made that impossible. I'll book some Ski Train tickets for next winter as soon as they are released - I wonder if they do that earlier this year to help with getting some cash coming in to the company?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rob@rar, Yep, stupid. Have heard most of the train companies are being sensible & protecting cash.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy