Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me identify and get a ski roof rack back in use - Mont Blanc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Currently stuck in my appartment in Switzerland after the season was abrupbtly cancelled! Looks like it's time to start going through my list of admin tasks.

There was a pair of roof rack carriers in the appartment that the landlord has said I can have. I've had a good google, but I don't seem to be getting very far. I wondered if anybody recognised the below pics, and had a way of adapting them to standard square halfords roof bars?

Been after a pair of these for a while - would be great if I could get these ones working!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.montblancgroup.com/en/other/products/snow-sports/ski-and-snowboard-racks/ridge-ski-and-snowboard-rack/728151/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - you got about where I got to, I think my rack has the adaptors for slot roof bars fitted, and I'll need to replace that with an adaptor for square bars. Can't find one for sale anywhere though - dropped them an email. They seem to be big in Scandanavia - hopefully they can help.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry to be completely dull, but hopefully there's others out there with a lot of free time who are trying to tidy everything up like I am...

I've established that the carriers have got adaptors fitted that allow them to use a Thule slot-style roofrack.

My bars are square, and I need an adaptor as below:

Official part number is adaptor set A (Art. 399343) of their Classic System.

I've contacted the MontBlanc parts department direct, and drawn a blank.

Anybody got any ideas where I could pick up a pair of those adaptors, or got a pair lying around? Or could I use something generic? Fittings to the rack look quite specific...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have some generic connectors that came off a Thule ski carrier that connected it to a square Halfords bar. Not sure if they can be adapted but I don't need them anymore as I've got a new set of bars that uses a different "T" connector. PM me if you want them and I'll post them over. May take a few weeks as I'm currently in lockdown for another 6 weeks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@AdamNotts, although you are not in the Uk. maybe contact The Roofbox Company, they know their stuff and are very helpful.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks!

Hells Bells, no joy I'm afraid.

MikeM - could work. The lugs on the top of each adaptor set are approx 3.5cm apart:

Do you reckon that could work? Would you mind sending me a pic of your set, and if it looks OK I'll happily pay postage to get it sent over here.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AdamNotts wrote:
Do you reckon that could work? Would you mind sending me a pic of your set, and if it looks OK I'll happily pay postage to get it sent over here.

I've PM'd you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy