Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is anywhere open?

Poster: A snowHead
Scotland, for now, anywhere else?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just had an email from marmot basin in Canada saying they are open
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just had an email from marmot basin in Canada saying they are open
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Åre still open.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just heading along US50 into South Lake Tahoe. All resorts still open and 4-6ft of snow in the 72 hours. Weather closing in now, quite gusty and snowing. Storm warning kicks in 11pm tonight PST.

Vail Resorts is getting a roasting online...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anywhere that is, won’t be for long
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Squaw Valley in CA, Mt Bachelor in OR and Crystal Mtn in WA are open for skiing but other services (food, daycare, rentals) are shut or severely curtailed. Distancing in gondolas (Squaw, Crystal) enforced; no mixing of groups, no singles filling cars. I don't have a problem with this, unless and until we are told we cannot be outdoors.

As for Vail Resorts (all closed for a week to evaluate): not unexpected from a corporate owner of that size.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Squaw and Alpine now closed! Feck!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@haggishunter, true, two hours after sending me an email saying its gonna be deep. The other large corporate ski area owner falls in line. I won't criticize, we're all in uncharted territory....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skied Bachelor this morning, and will repeat again with similar conditions on Sunday.

[url=https://postimg.cc/nMjvD6Dh]
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The interior BC resorts seem to be open still (Big White, Sun Peaks, Silverstar) - as are the in-town hills around Vancouver (Cypress, Grouse, Seymour.) I foresee colossal crowds at the latter with Whistler being shut right when spring break for local schools was about to start.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scotland!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Georgia
Turkey
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ruka.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Toadman, unfortunately not (unless you whip out the skins). Bachelor now shut also, as I'm sure you know by now (and Crystal as well). At least I found out before driving down. Hoping they'll reopen after this understandable hiatus. If it was your last day, it was a great one.
ski holidays
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
@Toadman, unfortunately not (unless you whip out the skins). Bachelor now shut also, as I'm sure you know by now (and Crystal as well). At least I found out before driving down. Hoping they'll reopen after this understandable hiatus. If it was your last day, it was a great one.

Yep, that's a bummer with 6" of new overnight. I guess I will go shovel the driveway now and dream of powder runs.

Add insult to injury, no uphill traffic allowed either!

Everyone with a touring rig will probably hitting Tumalo.
snow report
No uphill!? Sad
latest report
The words Scotland and open should not be considered without the words wind, weather and visibility Laughing
snow conditions
Bansko is still just about open. And snowing. All bars and restaurants are shut both in town and on the mountain.
snow report
SAS airlines have just announced suspension of operations “ Due to the coronavirus and the measures implemented by national authorities, the demand for air travel is essentially non-existent. SAS has therefore decided to put most of its operations on hold, starting Monday March 16 and until necessary prerequisites for commercial air traffic returns.“
latest report
@Themasterpiece, Air Baltic too. I am sure others will follow.

ÖBB has also announced a scaling down of operations. Some services to be cut completely, while others will revert to a weekend timetable.
snow conditions
England.
Raise is open tomorrow from 11am. The message on the Facebook page however is that if you want to use the club kettle please bring your own cup and keep it in your rucksack when not using it snowHead
snow report
joydivision wrote:
Bansko is still just about open. And snowing. All bars and restaurants are shut both in town and on the mountain.

I have to laugh at much of this. Whistler is just about closed. All bars and restaurants are open in town, but not on the mountain, because that's closed.

So yeah, all those septuagenarians who fancied taking a risk are saved from themselves, so long as the people in Bankso remember not to ski, and those in Whistler remember not to eat.

On the OP, still open today, only the places I checked because I may need to go:
  • Hemlock Valley BC
  • Hudson Bay BC
  • Sun Peaks

CMH are entirely shut as of next week (they're owned by you know who, but close one week after them, probably for logistical reasons).
snow report
Watching the snow pile up out the window in Tahoe, with nowhere to go! Should have stayed at home!
snow conditions
Looked like Finland was still open yesterday, not sure if that is the case still.
snow report
Lake Louise in Canada, but I can't imagine for long.
snow conditions
Looks like Bankso is now closed too.
ski holidays
Quote:

Looks like Bankso is now closed too

Yep. Abruptly closed about 11.45 today on what was probably the best day of the season. Confirmed case of covid-19 seemed to be the driver. Police breaking up any gathering of people. Will be glad to be home tomorrow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy