Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In memoriam The 19/20 Ski season

Poster: A snowHead
Erect your own tombstone/ information/tribute/regret/good riddance to your resort of choice here

The only rule don't post somewhere which "might" still be open - need to check for a pulse before burying

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 13-03-20 18:39; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Monterosa

I scarcely knew ye. But you certainly had some lungs on yer enough to keep you largely shut down for 2 of 3 days and windfarked as anything on the interim day

Weissmatten - I unfortunately knew ye rather more than I was hoping for.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpe Di Suisi

Even the darkest night ends and the sun will rise again.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yanqin. I didn't get to ski your artificial snow due to some of your countrymen licking pangolins.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Montgenevre

Great place. Been twice. Returned home Ill both times, so never again. Shame because it’s gorgeous.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Dolimites

We've had our ups and downs, not to mention some fully body (ouch!) contact.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Schruns/Montafon... two years in a row I have tried to ride your snow. Last year, you closed down a lot of lifts before Eastern, this year Corona destroyed all of our plans. I will try again next year to finally get a date with you!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sainte-Foy-Tarentaise

Fantastic trip at Christmas, with so much fresh snow and so many friendly faces everywhere.

I just had to tell my eldest he's not going to Verbier next weekend, and my younger boys they are not going to Flaine at Easter for big family trip.

All of us are disappointed, but maybe we should worry about bigger things right now.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grandvalleria, had the almost perfect day last Saturday. 40cm of powder and a guide to help me find the best of it. Was supposed to be flying out tomorrow for an instructor course there byt the slopes closed for the season today at 4:30pm. Bad for me but much worse for everyone working there running hotels bars and ski hire shops....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
To the Canazei and Val di Fassa area of the Dolomites.
You promised so much, we were so looking forward to meeting you in your winter glory. But even ignoring your hardened, artificial pistes (not your fault we know), there were so darn many blinking people all over you, queuing at great and long length upon you and filling your slopes with unsafe madness - and quite possibly many nasty poxes - that we never really had a chance to get acquainted.
Maybe again, another time and place.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Everywhere!
I had an interview for a new gig on Wednesday, and when I said I was tempted to get a week’s skiing before Easter and before starting the role, they very straight faced told me that ‘if you leave the country between now and then, you cannot work here’.

The company is a key element of the worldwide economy and have implemented coping systems since January!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
savaloy joy wrote:
massive actoin in soldin man more liyke faliraki birds galore. chiillin chattin clubbin shagging all week. the ostrien birds is a cracker and is well up 4 it but the ostriem boys is well anger liyke the boys hear on the skiheads so had to be carefoul. i has hooked on skieing man its best 4 fit birds who not mingas liyke attitudde in englanglish birds always mowning wiv headaykes an geting drunk and puking an all over in minuetes. u been to soldin?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All very sad but when the pm is done - will be fascinating to discover whether there is something about cold temperatures/gondolas/cable cars or the apres that has caused the apparent hot spot (....) spread of the disease in ski resorts. Whether or not Sierra Nevada has shut I know not but in my very limited way I am avoiding gondolas and cold temperatures for the present. Very luckily I had a lovely week in early February and my heart goes out to those relying on easter for their annual ski.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jamescollings wrote:
Everywhere!
I had an interview for a new gig on Wednesday, and when I said I was tempted to get a week’s skiing before Easter and before starting the role, they very straight faced told me that ‘if you leave the country between now and then, you cannot work here’.

The company is a key element of the worldwide economy and have implemented coping systems since January!!

Is it the Bilderberg Group? wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tirol

You started well, but were a lonely place.
Then you broke my fking face.
And now you’re done.

You weren’t even worth the lift pass.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 13-03-20 23:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Grandvalira. I shouldn't have even been to see you but I ended up with you courtesy of Chambery and its madness.

But your skiing was fabulous, food excellent, prices cheap, and you got me into vermouth.

Also Seefeld and Garmisch. Rest in powder.
ski holidays
Zermatt - whole reason wife and I bought the Ikon pass and now closed, 2 days before skiing a week. Bucket list ski from Swiss into Italy died on Monday, 200 K of swiss delight died today. RIP.
latest report
Villars/Gryon/Diablerets, you were finally put out of your misery on Friday 13th. Frankly, your snow cover was bizarrely thin and your pistes bizarrely warm all season. Thank goodness Magic Pass is so cheap (relatively speaking). Roll on 2020/2021. It can't be any worse. Can it?
snow report
Heading home from Colorado 10 days early as Trump has announced probable UK ban- makes flights economic. 9 weeks skiing on two continents so not complaining but still a rather abrupt end.

Á bientôt.
snow conditions
March 14.

Vacances Scolaires over.

France still open ...

Been a better season than was discussed in January ...
ski holidays
Land Salzburg.

It's not been the epic snow season of the last two seasons, but it has been fun. Taken from us too soon. Here's to the 20/21 resurrection. Amen.
ski holidays
Au revoir les ski lifts. Bonjour les peaux de phoques...
latest report
@BobinCH, if it wasn’t for the fact that I acquired rando kit this year I would be criticising your smugness.

However ... wink ... it’s all about the “up”
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
@BobinCH, if it wasn’t for the fact that I acquired rando kit this year I would be criticising your smugness.

However ... wink ... it’s all about the “up”

To be honest I’m not the biggest fan. But if we want to make use of all this snow then needs must! Trying to work out how I can get the kids some light gear to try it out!
snow conditions
@BobinCH, it gets better Happy *

Saw a bloke last season who had retrofitted pin inserts to his (8 year ish old) kids Lange race boots and pin bindings to her race skis.

She seemed pretty happy!

* not with a hangover, must confess ...
latest report
Arabba - epitaph
When snow you see, remember me and bear me in your mind.
Let all the world say what they may, ski me as you find.
snow report
@Awdbugga, nice!
snow conditions
Arinsal.

We may not have given our kids their first taste of skiing on your humble slopes, but I’m glad Cisco’s never took my liver!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sauze d'Oulx
A truly under-rated and under the radar resort.
Two weeks of awesome runs and awesome food.... topped up with a decent dump of powder and some epic forest runs.
we will return.
snow conditions
To Combloux which charmed us last weekend and also to Lenk where we were excited to visit next week.. hopefully we can explore and have fun there next season.
The big question now is what dates/airport do we change our flights too? (Thanks for making amendments free Easyjet)
snow conditions
Stupid, inane post by OP who I’d have thought would/ should maybe know better....clearly not.

Reflect maybe? Out of order.....
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Stupid, inane post by OP who I’d have thought would/ should maybe know better....clearly not.

Reflect maybe? Out of order.....

Puzzled
snow conditions
To who ever you believe in. Think of those who have worked hard to create a business to find it destroyed by a virus.
ski holidays
@Markymark29, just a bit of a lighthearted tribute to a season where patchy is probably the best description most places. Wailing or gnashing of teeth about resorts missing out on a few weeks cashflow can be done plenty of places and we can support them next year.
ski holidays
Sorry, my local mtn is still open. Good thing too, lots of fresh powder, and more for tomorrow. Condolences for everyone in Europe.
snow report
PdS 19/20

Not blessed with much natural snowfall this winter
And too warm to make snow either
But you (and the snow maintenance team Very Happy ) faithfully gave us perfect piste skiing
A few epic powder days
Many happy memories
Taken from us too soon Skullie .... Crying or Very sad

See you for 20/21 snowHead Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
Tirol

You started well, but were a lonely place.
Then you broke my fking face.
And now you’re done.

You weren’t even worth the lift pass.

@Scarlet wins the Snowheads Haiku contest! Shocked Blush
latest report
I've not yet had the luxury of giving up on 19/20.

Whistler... actually a slow start to the season but then things became seriously good especially through February, with extremely regular precip. The heli/cat season here ends with March in any case, and even after losing a couple of weeks off the end, numbers are better than last season. Vail Resorts will take a bit of a hit, but they can dump a lot of the variable costs and I'm sure they will - staff are already leaving town. As it happens the off piste is wind-hammered, but the pistes are in probably the best conditions I've ever seen top-to-bottom, because of the cold temperatures. Maybe I'll walk up and grab a few turns.

It's game over, man.

I think it would be an error to assume 20/21 is going to be business as usual.
ski holidays
We've had everything here, lots of wind, rain, sunshine, cold temperatures, warm spells and most importantly snow. Overall it's been pretty good. I managed to ski 53 days against my usual 75 or so. I am staying put so will do a few other things hopefully.
snow conditions
@shep, Do I? I didn't count it. Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy