Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone going to Canada soon?

Poster: A snowHead
As far as I can see today there are no restrictions flying from UK to Calgary this month as long as you are CovidD-19 free.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Due to fly to Seattle on 3 April then drive to Whistler. Two issues, one getting to Seattle and two crossing Border. Trying to get hold of BA to change flights to Vancouver but more chance of winning the lottery than speaking to someone.

Question is how likely is it Trump will add UK to list of countries and what will Canada - normally very conservative country do?

Difficult as our main annual trip but also recognise lot of others much worse off - trying to keep perspective.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm leaving for northern BC from the UK on Friday. As far as I know it's not yet restricted.
Getting back a few weeks later may also be something of a risk - I may get stuck there.

I would try to avoid going to Whistler via SeaTac under normal circumstances: the TSA are horrible; the border people can be difficult; and the hire car people charge you extra.

BA (not my favourite airline) have second-class "customer support" in India. However if you call after midnight UK time you may be able to get a US call centre where the customer service is much better. I guess they will be busy today dealing with the fall out from Trump, probably not the best time to worry about something weeks away. If it was me, I'd change that flight - they must have the capacity, at least. I'm sure it'll wait a few days.

http://www.covid-19canada.com/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm due to fly from the UK to Calgary this Saturday, I won't believe it's happening until I'm on the plane as things are moving at quite a pace now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We did the Seattle to Whistler hire car last year and no problems at border or with hire car. Flight times much better than the daily Vancouver but thanks for advise will keep trying BA to change.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In terms of contacting BA, I've had much better luck sending them direct messages on twitter than getting through on the phone. Worth a try.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rinky75, I would wait a few days to let things settle, or get worse.

You’re still 3 weeks away. Anything could happen in that time frame. I predict 50% of existing flights will be canceled due to lack of passengers. So no point to make alternate arrangements that may also evaporate.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@abc - agree 100% but fear the worse is more likely. We feel if we can change our flight to Vancouver that is less risky than Seattle and the border. that said, Canadian PM and wife self isolating.
Can bring myself to tell kids annual ski trip might be off....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Booked to Calgary on 26 March direct - just hope insurance pay up if cancelled as special visit to celebrate birthday of very old friend from 1950s.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rinky75, I just went through that very same situation 3 weeks prior. So I can speak with a bit of real world experience. And I understand your agony, as I went through the same.

I was at Whistler when the virus thing broke. My flight, operated by Cathay Pacific, was "at risk" as I watch the announcement they were cutting 50% of world wide flights! Cathay even offered a no-question-ask refund if I choose to re-book with another airline. But at that point, my flight was one of the "other 50%".

While I was contemplating, other airlines started to cut back on their schedules. I reluctantly concluded my chance of making it home on Cathay being as randomly no less risky than another airline.

In the end, my flight went ahead. 3 days later, that flight was cancelled for good. I was lucky in my indecision. However, had I changed airline, there's also the chance they too, might get cancelled.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We flew into Calgary yesterday and are now in Banff. Everything seems to be open at the moment and there appears to be a bit less general panic here than sometimes seems to be the case in the UK. No particular problems at Calgary Airport, just a few questions to answer about any recent travel to affected areas at passport control when we landed. FWIW I asked at the Tourist Info Office in Banff whether they were aware of any plans to curtail the ski season and they said absolutely not but I guess they won't know about it until it happens. We are over here for three weeks skiing and then a week or so in Vancouver so fingers crossed we aren't too much disrupted but we will just have to take it day by day.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whollymoley this is great information thanks as due to fly tomorrow and then stay in Banff until the end of the month.....current news is that Trudeau has announced potential forthcoming restrictions on international travel for both Canadian citizens and those arriving into the country may be asked to self-isolate for 14 days so I'm feeling a little in limbo yet as to whether I am going to get there, keeping all fingers crossed that I will though !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
British Columbia banned large gatherings, defined as 250 plus. Wonder if that’s the nail in coffin for Whistler. BA currently saying flight is going but Trump now declared national emergency so who knows what’s going to happen.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
British Columbia banned large gatherings, defined as 250 plus. Wonder if that’s the nail in coffin for Whistler. BA currently saying flight is going but Trump now declared national emergency so who knows what’s going to happen.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And now Trump suggesting adding Uk to banned travel list. Vancouver only option but suspect will follow and soon be almost global trace ban.
Shame but bigger issues at play here.
latest report
Yes, since I posted my message this morning there have clearly been some significant developments. So there must now be some risk that the ski resorts we are planning to visit (Banff, Jaspar and Sun Peaks) won't stay open and/or that we have difficulty getting home at the end of it all. But we are here now so we may as well get on and enjoy it as long as we can! Thankfully, while in Europe we would almost always arrange our trips ourselves, because this was quite a complicated trip we asked Ski Independence to arrange and book it for us and so I'm hoping that if there are any problems they will feel some responsibility to help us sort them out. But I must admit it's all a bit unsettling and puts a bit of a dampener on what was supposed to be a special trip. Still, many others have it far worse so we should not complain. Good luck to all other snowheads - and I guess there are many - in a similar state of uncertainty.
snow report
Fingers crossed for you was due to go to Monte Saint Anne at the being of April but that is looking very unlikely now. Shame but it is nothing in comparison to how bad others are having it.
snow report
Fingers crossed for you was due to go to Monte Saint Anne at the being of April but that is looking very unlikely now. Shame but it is nothing in comparison to how bad others are having it.
ski holidays
rinky75 wrote:
And now Trump suggesting adding Uk to banned travel list. Vancouver only option but suspect will follow and soon be almost global trace ban.
Shame but bigger issues at play here.

pretty good chance you'll be told to self-isolate for a couple of weeks, since that's already the advice for BC residents if we travel anywhere internationally.
ski holidays
We prettt much 99.9% going to cancel. Hotel said can rebook for next year and BA will either have to refund or rebook. Passes and lessons refunded too.
Don’t want to be in whistler if a ghost town, not all lifts open, piste limited, no atmosphere etc
End of the day talking about people’s lives at risk and not prepared to put others in danger - hope at 44 and healthy should be ok

Disappointed but think will come for longer in 2021.

Stay safe everyone.
ski holidays
Found out three hours ago that Crystal have cancelled our Easter trip to Whistler. Refund in next 14 days. Gutted but not unexpected. Now to try to recover the cost of the three season passes (better value than 2 week ski pass) and decide what to do for next year . Glad this time we booked a package and they’ve called the decision.
ski holidays
Emails from some of the resorts this am. Public dinning on the mountains in Whistler no hot food on mountain and restricted seating for dinners . Sharing a chair lift: you can only share with members of your own party.
So no singles line. No making up a 4 or 6.
Silver star they moved tables from lunch time restaurant to spread people out and you can only share with people in your party. 2/3 of the dinning tables moved to a conference centre 100m away from restaurant . Bring your own lunch! (Brown bags) moved to conference centre. Buying lunch go to town hall cafe restricted seating and dinning options. No mixing of parties on lift .
So still open but restricting mixing
ski holidays
rinky75 wrote:
We prettt much 99.9% going to cancel. Hotel said can rebook for next year and BA will either have to refund or rebook. Passes and lessons refunded too.
Don’t want to be in whistler if a ghost town, not all lifts open, piste limited, no atmosphere etc
End of the day talking about people’s lives at risk and not prepared to put others in danger - hope at 44 and healthy should be ok

Disappointed but think will come for longer in 2021.

Stay safe everyone.

To save you worrying about the 0.1% of your decision, WhistlerBlackomb shut down today.
Say they will re-evaluate at the end of next week, but not sure what is going to change for the better unfortunately Sad
snow conditions
Alterra is closing all their resorts for the season.

I’m 99.99% sure Vail will NOT reopen on the 23rd.
snow conditions
yeah, I think they are done for this season.

Snowbird just closed.
snow conditions
Sun peaks is still open. At the moment....
snow conditions
@nicola93,
Update us on your efforts to recover your ski pass costs as your query proceeds. Vail Resorts current policy is that seasons passes are non-transferable and non- recoverable.

I'm in a similar situation.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy