Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

last minute getaway

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - new user here so I apologize in advance if I violate any forum etiquette, or missed previously given answers to this same question.

A friend and I are looking to sneak in a last minute long weekend, before the season closes and I am looking for some advice on choosing a resort. He has already been burned by bad snow on one trip this season, so good snow conditions are a must. Italy is out for obvious reasons (France is also out due to employer's CV-related paranoia). I think Tyrol is winning region. After hours of research on elevations, cost, etc, etc I came up with Soelden and Serfaus/Fiss as the top 2 candidates (along with a brain turned to mush). I would love to get any Snowheads' advice, especially any recent experience with snow conditions at these 2 resorts; any other recommendations are also most welcome (St Anton?). We will leave on 19 or 20 March, provided we do not get corona virus shackled.

Top factors:
Great snow with enough skiing for 3 solid days - we are mostly red/black skiers, some off-piste
Location must be reasonably accessible from a major airport - we won't have a car and prefer not to rent one. Don't want to spend all day in transit.

Apres is not a major concern, so long as there are a few places to grab a beer and dinner. No plans to party. Also, I am not looking to penny-pinch, but can't break the bank either.

Thanks much for any tips!

Best,
M
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Solden is about an hour from Innsbruck - you can catch train to Otzal Bahnhof then bus to Solden cheaply. There's big free car parks at Solden though so don't write off car hire - might be a few discounts about. Should be plenty for 3 days - Obergurgl is 30 mins away and on the same ski pass and worth a day out.

Hoping the snow is good that week too (And that CV doesn't scupper it all) as that's when we're going. Been going to Obergurgl at that time of year for a few years now and whilst there's rarely huge amounts off piste if it snows it doesn't get tracked out too quickly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks ol_smokey!

I forgot to add Saalbach-Hinterglemm to the possible list - lower elevation, but I see it listed as a reliable late season option. Also fairly accessible from SZB.

Any thoughts on Saalbach v. Sefaus v. Solden in terms of late March snow?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serfaus has got plenty of skiing for 3 days, mostly reds but a good number of proper blacks as well. Snow was excellent at half-term, it should be fine in late March (top lift is over 2800). It’s a very quiet resort though - firmly aimed at families with young kids.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@manshur, You are aware of what's going on in Europe and the wider world at the moment?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
halfhand wrote:
@manshur, You are aware of what's going on in Europe and the wider world at the moment?

You mean a disturbing trend of increasing nationalism? NehNeh

Yeah, I'm following that business as well and will make a risk-based decision with the most current data available.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy