Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to stay in Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Tignes on 28/4/06 for a long w/e.

Last time I went to Espace Killy was in 1999 & I stayed in Val d'Isere then, so I didn't pay much attention to the different areas of Tignes..

What I'd like to know is, is it more convenient to stay in Val Claret?, and does anyone have any hotel reccomendations.

TIA
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssnowman, I wouldn't have thought that Tignes-le-Lac was any less convenient for the area as a whole. I was there this year and stayed at Hotel Levanna, which is at the bottom of the Trolles run and almost ski in/ski out. I would certainly go back there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, I wasn't really sure about the different villages. I was looking at the piste map & Val claret seemed to be slightly better access.

But if the other areas are just as good that gives me more alternatives with regard to Hotels.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ssnowman, Sorry, I didn't look at your dates and assumed you meant next year for some reason. You are right, val claret would be better. You'd possibly have to catch the bus from le lac I would have thought.

Ignore me. Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ssnowman, the resort is still fully open so I can't see le lac being a major problem though access to grande motte is of course easier from val claret where i stayed 3 weeks ago. I stayed in the new MGM apartment La Ferme, which was very nice, so sorry can't help with hotels except to say there really aren't that many to choose from and most accomm in Tignes seems to be at least almost ski-in/ski-out, what with little paths and stuff. You've probably already found it, but here's a useful interactive map with the hotel positions on it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd say that Val claret is slightly more convenient than Le Lac. They have similar access over to Vd'I and up the opposite side of the valley, but VC has direct access up to Grand Motte. VC is pleasanter than LL, I reckon.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssnowman, If this is the mayday weekend you may have to get a hotel where you can find one. A few years ago I arrived on spec with family in tow not expecting any problems at this time of year but there was no room at the inn.

I don't think it matters very much where you stay as the bus service between the two parts is very efficient. Although you are likely to end up on the Grande Motte it is not usually necessary to start your day there so pretty much anywhere in Val claret or Le Lac should suffice.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stayed at Les Campanules this year in Le Lac. Fab hotel with plenty of goodfacilities and food and wine was top notch. You could just about ski back from Trolles - 5 minute walk to lifts in morning. There is a full report in Resorts area - just search Les Campanules. The hotel did seem very flexible with people staying for all different durations so they are not plugged into 7 night stay only type deals.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ssnowman, likeRay Zorro I also stayed at le Levanna (when were you there Ray?) in le Lac and other than one slightly snotty receptionist would thoroughly recommend it - especially its position in relation to the slopes and Aeroski lift.

I have only one slight but:
If your party contains anything less that middle intermediates, I think that le Lac is not the place to stay. If you are not up to skiing to Trolles (which is called a black but has only one short slightly narrow tricky bit and is otherwise pretty benign with a couple of "chicken" runs to avoid the steep pitch at the end) the two ways back to le Lac from anywhere are either the bus from Val Claret or via several lifts and tuns on the Aiguille Perce side.

I am also feeling very jealous as this year's skiing in Tignes was the best ever conditions that I have experienced (in about 15 weeks over 25 years)

Have a great time
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy