Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Month in Grand Massif-Rolling TR

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Day 1 Calais- Morillon. 0830-1800, inc stops for pee and stretching; and a full hour in Carrefour Cluses. Looong drive, but a great trip pegged at 130 in the sun. The Doofer Tag is worth the tolls just for the buzz of not stopping! Accom is great, unpacked, squared away and went to bed.

Day 2, up late, (very), on the slopes at lunchtime. Parking easy and close, and the new snow was lush. Did the ski legs thing in the Morillon area, had lunch at L'Igloo (pretty good) at the top of Bergin lift) and booked a 2 hour private lesson each for Friday. Bit of checking in at home, log fire, film and bed.

Day 3 5th March. Wizzin down outside Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"..Wizzin down outside..." Hopefully, will be great tomorrow...!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Update Day 3. Cus we is a bit dumb, we went rain-skiing for 2 hours at Samoens, thinking higher off the gondola would be better. Got soaked, but had a bit of fun. Good break for lunch back at the ranch then a Lidl shop/run out to Cluses. Tomorrow looking a bit kinder. Allegedly.

CG
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Charliegolf wrote:
Day 1 Calais- Morillon. 0830-1800, inc stops for pee and stretching; (

Does that actually work?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well I'm here, and I didn't pee myself. Very Happy It was tiring, but no little uns to consider, so yes it does. Not put me off doing the same back to Calais.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Day 4. Lovely morning after yesterday's rain, sun out and not too warm. Main course was a two hour private lesson each, so we did some gentle skiing to warm up. Lessons were with ESF at Morillon, and we both felt we got a huge amount from them. I now get my weight forward. But not enough Very Happy . The difference on my version of steeps is already marked, so I'm happy. Two hour private lessons: E82 each.

There's now talk among the instructors of ski schools being closed by government edict(?) due to covid19. That's gonna be a difficult pill to swallow- for them and the punters.

Snow was good Morillon side and Samoens side, but the bottoms of the home runs were slush pools. Left the piste after a warm down ski down Sairon at about 1635. Fire's lit, time to relax!

CG
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi CG. Could you keep us posted re possibility of ski schools closing. Thinking of heading to Flaine end of March and was going to book a week of lessons
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will do. Need to add it was one ESF instructor explaining that it was the talk of the crewroom that day. Seen no other evidence. ESF were out in force today...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers, still deciding to book or not. Not so much worried about catching this virus, more concerned we book get there and lifts and ski schools get closed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Day 5. Lovely bright start to the day, keen to embed the wisdom we got yesterday. (Mrs G not terribly confident, was told straight by her instructor that she must do at least one red daily to build confidence. Being a rule person, she complied.) We remained in the Morillon/Carroz side by choice, snow was good on the whole, but very slushy from the off at the bottom of both stations. Car park looked rammed as we approached, but no problem parking, and no sense that it was overy busy. A good day had the edge removed by 3 points at Twickers. Hey ho.

@Timbobaggins, As I said earlier, ESF out in force today, groups and private lessons, so maybe rumour mongering? (Them then me!)

CG
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Charliegolf, might not be scaremongering..... some departments are talking about shutting schools for a period to try and control the virus, not the Haute Savior at the moment as far as I’m aware.

But if the HS were to then would it effect a “ski school” or just “academic schools”?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@marcellus, do the ski schools out here get weekday business from academic schools? Might that be the hit the instructors were speaking about?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think they get some but wouldn’t have thought significant, I was thinking along the lines if “schools” have to close will that be “all schools” or just “academic schools”.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Day 6. Fabulous, sunny, brisk day. Best day so far. Skied all over the local area, mainly reds cos Mrs G is taking her instructor's word as gospel- "you must ski a red every day!". We are both skiing better, and seeing our errors much more clearly buy zeroing in on the main action points. Dozens of single runner sleds on the go today- nutters all of them! Very Happy Snow is holding up well, and the bare faced liars (weather-guessers) are saying more tonight with a dull day tomorrow. Again, slushy at the bottom of the home runs: a chill would be good for the pistes. We have taken to picnicking, so have almost saved up enough for another week Very Happy Tomorrow all the kids are back in school, so be interesting as to how busy or otherwise it will be. Parking: busy at the weekend as you'd expect, but never short of a space, even when we are late to the party. CG
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy