Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1850

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Can anyone tell me how far & how easy it is/how much time it takes to get from the Esprit Chalet Crystal 2000 to the ESF ski school La Croissette meeting point for children's ski lessons please?

I have tried google maps and speaking with ESF but unfortunately to no avail so far!

Many thanks Smile

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 3-03-20 23:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it's where I think it is, about 5 mins down a green run. It's on Pralong run.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@StewfromScotland assuming from the question you've booked lessons independently - but if not and they're through Esprit then the childcare staff will take them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It will depend on the ability of the skiers as to how long/easy (it's not hard or too far). I can't figure out how to insert a picture but if you pull up a piste map the Crystal 2000 is just above the altiport drag lift - this can be taken and then ski down the blue Alitport run and either download on the Bellecote lift or ski the Green Bellecote run. Or traverse from the hotel to the Pralong lift and ski down the Blue run Biolay and can pick a number of different runs into the Courchevel base area for the ESF meeting point. (where the Bellecote, Jardin Alpin, Verdons, Chenus lifts all meet).

As LittleRos says if booked with Espirit they will provide transport. If complete beginners and booked independently I don't remember much of a bus service from Crystal 2000 but we were there 4 years ago so can't be sure
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@StewfromScotland, as @klwood, says above.
Pistes are blue or green grade.
Pralong chairlift maybe a bit kinder than a drag lift for first of day?

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
klwood wrote:
...either download on the Bellecote lift ...

have you ever tried downloading on a drag lift Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@StewfromScotland, I think the obvious answer is, "It depends how good/fast your kids are".

But with regards to logistics, you do need to take the Altiport drag first and then traverse across to the Bellecote green run to the Croisette. The ski from the top of Altiport to the Croisette would take me less than two minutes; with reasonable kids around 10 minutes.

Regarding the above comments, you can't download on Bellecote lift - it's a poma and I wouldn't recommend Pralong instead of Altiport. Like most Courchevel chairlifts it never opens at 9am, more like 9.10 to 9.20am. It's a 6 or 7 minute lift and a much longer ski back to the Croisette so you'd be pushing it for a 9.30am ESF meet, especially if you don't already know who your instructor is and exactly where they will be standing.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all for the info.

Esprit have moved us last minute to this area due to ongoing issues with a sickness virus at Hotel Deux Domaines in Belle Plagne. We fly on Sunday and as it is so last minute they do not have availability in their own ski lessons to accommodate our daughter, hence the need to book direct with ESF.

Unfortunately neither of us are able to ski with her this holiday due to injury (we had this covered with the Esprit covering all day lessons) Although she is a reasonably good skier she would need to be accompanied to the ESF meet point.

The info about the ski lift times is much appreciated as it sounds as if it could be an issue to arrive on time. I'll look to see if there are any ski buses....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When we went there with an adult who was brand new to skiing they were taken down to their lessons by the Esprit people in a minibus from the hotel.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@StewfromScotland, just to politely point out that the name of the resort is Courchevel, not Courcheval as in your thread title (it's a common mistake, some UK companies even make the same mistake! e.g: https://www.snowexpress.co.uk/destinations/courcheval) wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

just to politely point out that the name of the resort is Courchevel, not Courcheval as in your thread title (it's a common mistake, some UK companies even make the same mistake! e.g: https://www.snowexpress.co.uk/destinations/courcheval)

Thank you, I would amend it if I knew how to Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

When we went there with an adult who was brand new to skiing they were taken down to their lessons by the Esprit people in a minibus from the hotel.

That's so good to hear! Best thing I've read so far. I'm currently trying to find ski bus companies in the area and their timings before I commit & pay ESF! Esprit customer services unfortunately do not appear to have much information on the area
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
StewfromScotland wrote:
Quote:

just to politely point out that the name of the resort is Courchevel, not Courcheval as in your thread title (it's a common mistake, some UK companies even make the same mistake! e.g: https://www.snowexpress.co.uk/destinations/courcheval)

Thank you, I would amend it if I knew how to Smile

If you select the edit (scissors) icon to the right of your first post it also lets you edit the title. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

If you select the edit (scissors) icon to the right of your first post it also lets you edit the title.

Thank you Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
StewfromScotland wrote:
Quote:

That's so good to hear! Best thing I've read so far. I'm currently trying to find ski bus companies in the area and their timings before I commit & pay ESF! Esprit customer services unfortunately do not appear to have much information on the area

Would you consider lessons with New Generation? Our group used them twice is 1850 and found them excellent.
ski holidays
Another option for the OP is you can ski down to 1550 directly from Crystal 2000 (fairly easy blue) without needing to take any lift, then take Grangettes gondala directly to La Croissette.

It's a longer run, but you can leave as early as you want, (Grangettes opens 8:35) so no danger of being late.

We stayed in Crystal 2000 last year, and liked it well enough that we're going again this year - but it is a bit isolated if everyone in your group isn't comfortable on at least a blue. Relying on lifts from Esprit staff can be a bit stressful, so we're hiring a car this year (fairly cheap from Chambery).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy