Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Our newest snowhead

Poster: A snowHead
See at the bottom Martin Bell is our newest Snowhead.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome Martin !!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome Martin. And for those who are thinking "Is it the real one ?" the answer is yes.
Check the profile which includes a web site.
Now the level of technical discussion in this forum may turn upwards.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to Martin Bell!!!

(Can someone give the Yanks a proper introduction to this gentleman?)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Martin's posted a couple of times here... and according to Fox has already joined Epic....

nolo, do you mean across on Epic, or here?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the welcome messages folks. Yes, I'm the skiing one, not the man in the "lucky" white suit with the shrapnel holes. David, congratulations on the success of Snowheads! I was recommended to take a look at this forum by a friend who I skied with a few weeks ago. Reading all this (sometimes vaguely) ski-related banter will help make the long summer months go quicker I'm sure. And I'll try to contribute from time to time...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome Martin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welcome Martin.

By the way, my mate (from Pontefract) told me your mum taught him at school, could this be true?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome Martin Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
in a mark and lard stylee... " whoooo?" i thought martin bell was the bbc guy?!?!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnboy, Yorkshire, late 80s or early 90s - certainly possible.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Welcome, Martin! Hope to catch up with you at Vail next season, when I move out to Summit County! Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martin, a word to the wise, get out now, whilst you still can. Very Happy
You'll start with the occasional visit, but gradually it will become more and more often, until you find yourself waking in the wee small hours to check whether someone has replied to your latest thread (you know who you are Jonpim and PG).

In the meantime if you decide to stay then welcome.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Martin Bell, Greetings!
There have been a number of threads here on what to do during the long bright boring summer months, but Martin has been giving excellent advice on this subjsect for years: keep practicing those essential skills.
The Tuck position for better shoosing (how do you spell that word?)
The Forward Fall , with special emphasis on correct arm position to prevent wrist injury.
latest report
Jonpim,
Quote:

The Forward Fall , with special emphasis on correct arm position to prevent wrist injury.

Well, what can I say, downhillers are trained to land on the toughest part of their anatomy...no, not the head.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
in a mark and lard stylee... " whoooo?" i thought martin bell was the bbc guy?!?!

True - in part!

And as nolo requested.... here's a brief summary.....

and here:

FIS results

Three (?) Olympic Games, including a superb 8th in the Calgary downhill and a succession of top 15 World Cup results in the early years. Raced against the likes of Luc Alphand and Jean-Luc Crétier, beat 'Kabou' a couple of times too, right up there with the best. Jean-Luc trains my daughter at the Bourg Saint Maurice ski college, shall have to ask him if he remembers being beaten by a Brit!
latest report
Skiing is new to me so I can be excused for knowing only the BBC's version and ignorant of the version who can really ski.

Thanks PG, as usual you keep us right again.
snow conditions
nolo, how about this... He's a PSIA level 3 instructor who lives in Vail.
ski holidays
JONPIM
Quote:

There have been a number of threads here on what to do during the long bright boring summer months

Sitting on the balcaony gaining a nice tan whilst watching the snow melting more each day!
Using the ski slopes during the summer as walking or mountain bike trails!

Boring no Frustrating YES but I'm sure I'll survive the experience Wink
latest report
Thanks for the background info, and again, welcome Martin!
snow conditions
Welcome, Martin, in Vail you have some Epicskiers also. Many of us are active (somewhat) in several ski forums, all are fun.

...Ott
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy