Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late season transfer options from Geneva airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi.
New user so apologies if this info is already available somewhere else on the site (if it is let me know where!)

Am flying out to Geneva tomorrow, heading for a few days around Flaine, access via Morillon but staying in Taninges.

Normally there are ski bus transfers running from Geneva to all of the major resorts but the season for these ended last week. Does anybody know what my options are to get to Taninges, its on the road up to Les Gets, Morzine etc ?

If there's nothing from the airport (would rather avoid taxis) then the nearest train station to Taninges is Cluses.

Or could get into Geneva itself and see what buses are available.

What I really need is some user info from you lot or suggested websites, phone numbers etc. Have had no luck with the sites I've tried to date.

Come on, I know you know!! . . . . . JB
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JohnnyB, There's a train station in the airport with full ticketing and I think there's a bus terminal on the Swiss side (at least I've seen local buses lined up)

ps. welcome to slushnuts
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Top man!
See I knew somebody knew. . . . Thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JohnnyB, turn left when you come out of arrivals and go all the way to the end doors and into the Swiss side, the ticket office is about 50m ahead of you. All the trains from the airport go to the central train station. I don't know where the bus ticket office is, but if you look through this site you'll see the name D.G.Orf, PM him about all things Swiss
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Local buses run from the airport, bus tickets are available at the stops - you need the correct change in coins (or at least used to), but a helpful bus driver paid for mine the first time I got out by that. If my memory serves me the number 10 bus will take you into town (it's an electric trolley type). Buses further afield I think you need to go into Geneva.

Possible Websites:
Swiss rail and public transport
Geneva Bus Station (a bit hit and miss it seems)

Or you could try Geneva tourist office (try www.myswitzerland.com)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 19-04-06 17:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, are you talking to yourself again? Very Happy Toofy Grin wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
slikedges, Did I stop? . . . sorry I'll try not to do it again Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 brian
brian
JohnnyB, +33 (0)4.50.37.22.13 is the number for the Annemasse bus station. I think that's where the usual GVA to PdS/Grand Massif buses are based.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SAT is the main bus company there, I think.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You could try www.altibus.com then get a taxi from Taninges - try go-massif.com

There was wicked powder in Flaine on Sunday - you are in for a good one! Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
www.gomassif.com
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks one and all.
Managed to sort out transport.
Skied in a t-shirt.
Loads of snow above mid-stations.
Only closing some runs as they can't get lift operators.
What a season!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy