Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blue slopes above Brixen ski welt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know what the blue slopes are like at the top of the Brixen gondola please? Want to take my other half onto some nice easy blues if possible, even if its just on learner slopes first of all. We're staying in Kirchberg and i will go out tomorrow initially to check out what i can. Ive looked at some of the blues on YouTube in the Kirchberg /kitzbuhl area but they look like either narrow tracks with steep drops to one side or they start nice and easy and part way down they go quite steep. If theres anywhere else nearby that would be ideal for the wife i would be very grateful for advice please!! Thx
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jimmybog, without knowing anything about your wife's skiing ability it is a bit difficult to advise however there are lots of easy pistes in both SkiWelt and Kitz.

At the top of the Hochbrixen gondola there is a large nursery area plus there are some "easy" blues. Do not try to ski back to the village on the red it is always in poor condition, take the gondola back (there is a nice long blue back but it is not always open and ends up at the edge of the village from where you have to get a bus), the blue as far as the chair lift is fine. If she is an an almost complete beginner then maybe dont go the the Westendorf side, there are some very easy runs but the first section from Talkaser towards Westendorf does fall into the "red" category and the run back to Brixen is one of the best in the area but again deserves the "red" grading.

Lots of blues in the Kitz. area above Kirchberg. Not sure where the narrow tracks with steep drop offs are. Head towards Pengelstein keeping to the "blues". I would avoid the runs directly under the Fleckalm gondola and use the run near the Maierlbahn to get back to Kirchberg (Graham Bell has a video of him racing down it but it is very easy!). The only issue might be is if the snow conditions are not so good near the bottom.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Munich. I checked out area above Brixen today. Went down from the zinsbergbahn chair to the jochalm chair and up to the top and back down to Hochbrixen. Can safely say think both these blues will be beyond my wifes capabilities on the first day.

I then had a run on one of the blues in westerndorf from third of the way up the choralp gondola. Not too bad a run till it ended up onto a red above the village going down to the alpenrosebahn station.

Probably easiest run of the day was top of kirchberg area and blue run 18.

Any idea what the blues are like at the top of the kitzbuhler horn mountain? Looks like several there such as blue 15 and blue 2a??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Kitzbuheler Horn Blue 15 is short but used as a beginner slope. The 2a is the short section that links the Blue 3 to the gondola back up the mountain. It is often shut below the 2a due to lack of snow but is excellent if open.
As for Kitz Blues, the 27 is a good, long and relatively quiet run. The main problem is getting onto it from the Kitz end. The entrance, 27a, means crossing the bottom of a black going in the perpendicular direction to a lot of fast skiers. Once on it though is is a smashing run.
I am guessing that, since you have been there since Saturday, you will have experienced the carnage corner below Ehrenbach-hohe on Blue 36.
For a pleasant day, get on ring-bus to train station then catch the bus to Mittersal station. A few wide blues up at Pass Thurn.
Nearer end of the week as wife gets confidence, get bus to Jochberg and have a go at that Red 60. A nice introduction.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm lost but isn't Brixen in the Dolomites?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnE wrote:
I'm lost but isn't Brixen in the Dolomites?

There may be one in the Dolomites as well but the Brixen being discussed is Brixen-im-Thale, about midway between Westendorf and Kirchberg in Tirol. The Brixen you may mean could be Bressanone Brixen but only because it was the only one on Google Maps I could find.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@johnE, there is indeed a small town called Brixen in the Südtirol, it is in the main north south valley in which the autostrada up to the Brenner pass is situated. It does have a small amount of skiing but is not part of the Sella Ronda (though possibly is covered by the lift pass). The Brixen here is the main village in the Brixental and is part of the SkiWelt area. It has easy access to both the main SkiWelt slopes and the Westendorf area.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jimmybog, Did you look at the runs in the small bowl between the top of Kirchberg and Pengelstein? There are a couple of chairs there with a small number of blue runs underneath. They are not particularly long so that might help and should be easy to get back over to the top of the Fleckalmbahn to get back down. Cant help with the Kitzbühler Horn area. That said the weather looks as if it might be pretty miserable for beginners, it is damp and cold here which usually means snowy / bad vis in the mountains. Forecast is for more of the same.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy