Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What time to depart La Plagne on Saturday 4th April 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, at what time does traffic tend to start building up around La Plagne / Moutiers / Albertville on a Saturday morning at Easter?

I.e., what time would people recommend I depart La Plagne on Saturday 4th April 2020 in the morning to get clear of any traffic build up en route to Dijon / Troyes?

Any thoughts gratefully received.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very often been there mid march, so no particular holiday traffic relating to school holidays.

It appears to get busy from approximately 8.0am around Aime and into the traffic light controlled tunnel and builds from there.

Reasonably we try to be past Moutier by about 8.30am and find it flows well at that time.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 27-02-20 21:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's the week before UK school holidays.

Leave at 7am and you should be fine, I'd say.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sasha320,

Saturdays are always busy but 6/7am should be fine as your not in full holiday season . Easter weekend is the following 11th April and most schools don’t break up till just before the weekend 4th April so most will be arriving rather than leaving .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sasha320, we always leave before 6am. Earlier if we get ready in time.
Why leave later? No advantage. Get on the road and have first breakfast beyond Albertville.
The whole day will go better.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@sasha320, you do realise that that is the week before Easter. It will be one of the quietest Saturdays of the year. Don't worry about it. Of course you can make a more informed estimate while you are there. Are the car parks jammed full , are cars parked on the road miles from the resort, is the resort busy?

I'll be leaving les arcs the next day and expect a really quiet run .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Rob Mackley, I think most schools (The French, Belgian ones etc, who are the vast majority of people there) break up on the Easter weekend.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rob Mackley wrote:
@sasha320,

Saturdays are always busy but 6/7am should be fine as your not in full holiday season . Easter weekend is the following 11th April and most schools don’t break up till just before the weekend 4th April so most will be arriving rather than leaving .

+1

UK schools will be breaking up on the 3rd, so they'll be an influx of people but they'll be arriving not leaving so I don't think you'll have an issues.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks to all for comments!

Sounds like there’s nothing extraordinary to worry about; and although that Saturday is a mild changeover day just getting going earlier (<8am) should see us well on our way.

The reason for caring is because we would like to spend half a day at Nigloland in Troyes on the way back and so keen to make that happen and not give away the time to any predictable traffic delays if we can.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
By 7 seems to be the consensus. And of course heavy snow, whilst unlikely, could change everything.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Really depends if its been snowing or not!
If the road from La Plagne down to the valley is nice dry tarmac, leave before 08:00
If its wet, snowy or snowing leave before 07:00 at the latest - at worst you will be stuck behind a 'foreign' coach driver who virtually stops on every one of the 22 bends or slightly better behind the big snowplough that does two thirds of the road width and stops to bring in the blade every time a coach or lorry tries to pass!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy