Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My First Ski Experience in Kitzbühel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,

I joined this forum a few weeks ago in order to read and ask some questions about skiing and know where to go. But now I think it is my time to return the favor.
I moved to Munich and hadn't been skiing yet, until last weekend. I was not sure where to go and asked here what areas you guys suggested. And I appreciate all the suggestions the guys gave me on this thread. I decided to go to Kitzbühel, as it was suggested by the majority and where I could probably get the best snow. I decided to go there last Saturday. Please keep in mind I have not been skiing for more than a year, so I was not looking for crazy conditions and off-piste.
I left Munich really early by car and with my brother who decided to join last minute. Since we didn't know the roads that well, and we didn't want to get caught in traffic, we decided to leave around 5.30 am. We arrived around 8 am to a local rental shop. Since I needed skis and my brother needed boots and skis we had to rent equipment. Since I didn't know any shops, I also asked for some suggestions by you guys, here in the forum. However, I went to another shop as it was closer to the place. We rented the equipment at the Sport 2000 Rentalshop and with everything set, we went up the mountain.
We were worried with the lack of snow conditions, as it hasn't been snowing, like it did last week. And for two guys trying to get their rhythm back, ice conditions are definitely not the best. I think during the morning we skied with more fear and caution. After lunch snow was better, and we could enjoy it more and have more fun.
I believe to put the skis back on it was a great day and I hope until the end of March the mountains get better. For sure, I want to try other locations and spots. Therefore, I will keep an open eye for the weather conditions and your reports on the snow and where to go.
The first weekend of march I will go to Spain and will be in Sierra Nevada. I will not go for skiing only, but I want to be in the mountains for one day for sure. I know ski conditions there are worse than here, but would love to report on that day as well.

Thank you for reading and if you have questions just let me know.

Regards,
TobLeron
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for taking the time to report...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glad you had a good time. The weather forecast suggest snow in the next week so should be good in March.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking out my office window in Haidhausen, it is absolutely throwing it down right now. Maybe finally looking good!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good post.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you for the Feedback guys. Lets all hope weather gets better in March and we start seeing some snow over in the mountains and that allows us to go bananas.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We did the same ..Landed last Saturday and returned late Wednesday.
We left Munich Airport just after 10am and took nearly 3 hrs due to traffic ,luckily only 2 hrs coming back
It was quite slushy the first 2 days but got better each day ..Red 21 back to Hahnenkammbahn was a bit of a nightmare in a couple of spots
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@TobLeron,
You are so lucky being in Munich, access to so many areas. Kitzbhuel def isn't the easiest place to start either so well done you'll be hooked now!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey guys, yeah Munich is the perfect location but now I want to try other ones. Like I said, this weekend will be Sierra Nevada and then lets hope I will still be able to try other locations. There is so much more to explore Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy