Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corona Virus + upcoming holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Mother hucker wrote:
just didnt seem worth a dialog getting involved in.

Quite. This succinctly describes why I don't respond to trolling.

Writing this post opened up the previous (blocked) comment which actually made me laugh out loud. I can block but I can't park my pity.

(Edited for accuracy.)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 22-03-20 11:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@motyl, oh dear, a little cockney rhyming slang joke and it's time for virtue waving and tears. Poor wittle didums.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gerry, it's not left wing to find xenophobia tiring. I'm sure no one minds you having a different opinion but perhaps park the nationalistic stereotyping?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
grumpygargoyle wrote:
@Gerry, it's not left wing to find xenophobia tiring. I'm sure no one minds you having a different opinion but perhaps park the nationalistic stereotyping?

I'd be moaning bitterly about live markets even if they were in the East End of London. In fact, all of you, do yourselves a favour, and the planet, and stop eating dead animals.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gerry wrote:
[b]you have a really stupid name that only an idiot would choose.

Well, that attitude is really going to help you get through things in a positive frame of mind. Grow up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gerry, I was referring to the tiresome anti-german stuff. I certainly wouldn't try and dictate what you should think about animal rights.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LaForet wrote:
Gerry wrote:
[b]you have a really stupid name that only an idiot would choose.

Well, that attitude is really going to help you get through things in a positive frame of mind. Grow up.

You were the one whining about people calling out Chinese live markets for the abominations they are.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 22-03-20 12:26; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shall we celebrate witnessing the birth of the ultimate troll-chimera?
@Gerry, the xenophobic brexiteer vegan.
Bravo @Gerry, taking The Club to new heights old boy.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
grumpygargoyle wrote:
@Gerry, I was referring to the tiresome anti-german stuff. I certainly wouldn't try and dictate what you should think about animal rights.

I love Germany. Always had a great time whenever I've gone (cough) sausage side.

I wonder, did you complain to the BBC about this?

http://youtube.com/v/wgOPVFPyO2k
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gerry, Come on, there's context for that, you're using a false equivalent. It's also funnier than you are. I just thought a little bit of respect might be nice.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
grumpygargoyle wrote:
@Gerry, Come on, there's context for that, you're using a false equivalent. It's also funnier than you are. I just thought a little bit of respect might be nice.

Right so you take grave offense to Germany being referred to as 'sausage side' by anyone other than Squadron Commander Lord Flasheart ?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 22-03-20 12:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gerry, haha, "grave offence" hardly. Just asked you to be civilised.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
...and... stop watching. Have fun, grumpygargoyle.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
grumpygargoyle wrote:
@Gerry, haha, "grave offence" hardly. Just asked you to be civilised.

Oh it's 'uncivilised', I see. Are you going to repot Australians for using the P word?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@motyl, I'm off to have a sit in my backyard, that's as fun as it gets! Have a good one
snow report
grumpygargoyle wrote:
@motyl, I'm off to have a sit in my backyard, that's as fun as it gets! Have a good one

Here's something else for you to cry about:

MorningGory wrote:
stanton wrote:

Get into the 21st century

He is - everyone speaks/writes English these days - many more than speak Clogg snowHead

Don't forget to prawl this forum looking for people who use clogg to describe anything Dutch.
latest report
I see cabin fever's set in......
ski holidays
cameronphillips2000 wrote:

Not really, Gerry is always like that.

I have lived and worked in the Netherlands, I'm not going to complain about someone else insulting the Dutch.
snow conditions
rjs wrote:
cameronphillips2000 wrote:

Not really, Gerry is always like that.

I have lived and worked in the Netherlands, I'm not going to complain about someone else insulting the Dutch.

That's good because the Dutch aren't any more bothered by that than the English are by being called Poms. It's only the crybaby Left that get upset.
snow report
My second attempt with the spreadsheet model of Coronavirus
Bit of a shorter video this time

http://youtube.com/v/F8evHsoshco
ski holidays
Arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon.
No matter how good you are, the bird is going to poo-poo on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
latest report
Fridge03 wrote:
Arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon.
No matter how good you are, the bird is going to poo-poo on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Laughing
snow report
Getting back onto the upcoming holiday part of the thread, we are relativity lucky in that we can leave our decision to summer break in the mountains to the last minute but even that seems like it is going to be a casualty.
So this leads me onto other rambling thoughts, if no one can have a summer break, are they really going to use annual leave when working from home? If we are allowed back to work the relief will be so great that again no one is going to take leave.
If I avoid death/serious illness , if I still have a job & if the chancellor avoids 60% taxes to pay for all this, then I see a lot of skiing in 2021.
You have to think positive & keep the spirits up.
snow report
@Jonny996, I for one will still be taking my leave as soon as I am allowed to travel. Both hubby and I will need the break from our work environment,
ski holidays
Assuming the Summer season gets disrupted by continued freedom of movement restrictions how will holiday companies / hotels / restaurants / activity companies etc survive? They run on pretty tight margins as it is. Not sure how long governments will be able to keep bailouts going...
snow report
ABTA to suspend package refund rules. This isn't official yet but will certainly create as many problems at it solves
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/package-holiday-refund-rules-suspended-abta-coronavirus-a9417261.html
snow conditions
@SnowB1KinOldy, Just caught up on this thread and seen your latest posts. Great that you've recovered and thanks for keeping us updated. Please continue to report on your colleagues who returned from Italy, as it helps to understand the symptoms and the recovery phase. The news services aren't really reporting on the testing procedure, and we're rarely hearing first-hand accounts from people who've survived the illness. Are they saying that you're now immune from that strain? How long do you have to stay isolated? Have any other family members caught it from you?

Two years ago I returned from the BB with a severe viral infection. I was pretty much out of action for the whole of February and the sore throat and cough persisted through March. My diary even records two doctors visits in early April. From my perspective its difficult to imagine a worse viral illness -but now there's Corona on the horizon!
snow conditions
Jonny996 wrote:
if the chancellor avoids 60% taxes to pay for all this, then I see a lot of skiing in 2021.

I think that's a very crucial "if" - the scale of potential bailout and ongoing commitments, coupled with the potential shift to a "never again" view, probably means a very significant increase in the tax burden to fund all this.

The price of the financial industry being bailed out by Government/society was a massive increase in regulation and the cost of doing business (tho' I recognises that this isn't always the case; the auto industry bailouts didn't create the same long-tail industry costs). If the leisure industry as a whole goes the same way, will it see the same kind of regulation? e.g. compulsory catastrophe insurance, a prohibition on customer deposits being used to support ongoing cash flow etc. - all these could add dramatically to the cost of leisure. Maybe everything we've been doing wasn't as cheap as we thought, it was just that Governments were unwittingly underwriting the insurance policies, and Governments will want payback.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jellylegs, it’s just by chance that I saw your post as I don’t look at this thread too much any more. It’s become very disjointed and not too relevant now that the alps have closed.

Anyway, thanks for your and anyone else’s kind words that I may have missed by not visiting this thread too often.

I am still suffering from a cold which is affecting my ears (ringing and feel under pressure) and other cold symptoms which the NHS said was not Covid-19 related. Apart from that I am probably back up to 80% energy levels. My taste buds are still suppressed a bit but think improving by the day. Only two of us got tested. I was tested by driving to a pre-arranged test area at the local hospital and my friend was tested when an ambulance crew were called out to him. The other three had their tests cancelled as there was no test capacity left in the system.

I was lucky, had a fever etc but it never went to my lungs. My friend was not so lucky and was taken to hospital on Friday 13th March due to breathing problems but was later discharged and is now making good recovery. He waits to see if there’s any noticeable long term damage to his lungs.

According to NHS 111 I was no longer contagious after Saturday 14 as my symptoms started on Saturday 7th and my fever had gone on weds 11th. I was tested on Thursday 12th which was positive.

Hopefully I now have some immunity but no one really knows for sure and of course the virus could mutate and create a new strain. But, if you had to pick a load of random strangers to stand next to, in theory I should be one of the safer ones!!

We don’t think I passed it on to anyone in the family. If I did then they had no symptoms. I isolated myself on a different floor to everyone else (we have a 3-storey house) and my wife brought food and drink up and left it outside my room whilst holding her breath!!

The other 3 guys in my ski group have shown much milder symptoms. All self isolated and did not pass it on as far as they are aware.
snow conditions
@SnowB1KinOldy, thanks for the info. Looks like you all have been very lucky. There's an article about loss of taste and smell due t CV here:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/lost-sense-of-smell-may-be-peculiar-clue-to-coronavirus-infection/ar-BB11zoRR?li=BBoPWjQ
snow conditions
Gerry wrote:
You were the one whining about people calling out Chinese live markets for the abominations they are.

No. I said let's not fall for the Trump diversion of calling this 'The Chinese 'Flu' as a tactic to divert attention away from his incompetence. I made no mention of Chinese food markets. You raised that, and it's a valid comment, but not what I was responding to.

@SnowB1KinOldy Glad to hear you're through it and on the mend.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 24-03-20 13:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
LaForet wrote:
Gerry wrote:

No. I said let's not fall for the Trump diversion of calling this 'The Chinese 'Flu' as a tactic to divert attention away from his incompetence. I made no mention of Chinese food markets. That is in your head.

Yeah, but it came from your head via the bilge bump that is your your keyboard.

LaForet wrote:
andyj007 {their odd food habits} rather betrays the underlying anti-foreign sentiment behind the term 'China 'Flu' although I suspect that the virus itself really doesn't care what it's called.
snow report
Just been chatting.with a doctor after a meeting at the hospital today. The cheap masks dont fit properly. They're running short of.expensive masks, they will run out of oxygen in a day if the present trend continues for the next two weeks
And our doctors are supposed to go in a treat people without the ppe equipment the italian medics have had - and the Itialian medics have been getting the virus....
ski holidays
@cameronphillips2000, yup, and worse still, the masks that some doctors have been issued in the UK (the ones that Matt Hancock/BoJo boasted about sending to thousands of doctors) are marked for expiration in 2016. Many of them haven't got any of the better masks, let alone running short of them.

And, to cap it all, medics can't get COVID testing unless they are hospitalised. Couple that with the isolation rules, and we'll run out of medical staff pretty fast.
ski holidays
@snowdave, source ?
snow report
@skimastaaah, http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinical/clinical-specialties/respiratory-/gps-being-sent-out-of-date-face-masks-with-concealed-best-before-dates/20040359.article
snow conditions
Quote:

Itialian medics have been getting the virus....

40 Italian doctors have died, according to the news a few minutes ago.
ski holidays
snowdave wrote:
@cameronphillips2000, yup, and worse still, the masks that some doctors have been issued in the UK (the ones that Matt Hancock/BoJo boasted about sending to thousands of doctors) are marked for expiration in 2016. Many of them haven't got any of the better masks, let alone running short of them.

A quick bit of research suggests it's the rubber strap that can perish and the filter of the mask has no time limit - I'm sure they will be just fine. These are unprecedented times - new masks don't magically appear out of nowhere when the whole world wants them. If an article came out that said the NHS/government had been stockpiling masks in case of a pandemic and throwing them away every x years because they'd expired people would be complaining. Get a grip!
latest report
@michaelf, yup, the rubber strap that holds the mask sufficiently tightly to your face to optimise effectiveness... stops the mask hanging loosely as you lean forward over a coughing patient.
snow report
My third modelling video - Hope

http://youtube.com/v/NihxXOad1Rk
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy