Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance for contribution to shared accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of my party for a trip in March is injured and has to drop out.

We are sharing a self catering apartment. I've paid for that and everyone bank transferred their share to me. It's not an even split because not everyone is staying the full week.

Will she have problems claiming the accomodation back on her insurance since she doesn't have an actual booking in her name, just the email trail between us and the record of bank transfers to me?

(One good thing is it's all been done on work email so a bit more weighty than a gmail or hotmail address, and if necessary we might be able to get work to confirm the emails are genuine)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@brokenbetty, i would expect it to be fine
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@brokenbetty, at worst they might ask for a copy of the invoice for the accommodation., proof that you paid it and proof she paid you her share. I take names of all guests staying in my apartment so would be able to provide proof she was staying.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If her name is not on any guest list or booking, etc.
Then insurance company may prove to be difficult.
Did you have to submit a list of names of who is staying when you booked the accommodation?
I have someone drop out from a group booking for a hotel & I had to provide them with proof they was booked to be in the hotel for the insurance to pay out.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 25-02-20 7:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@brokenbetty, All depends on the T&C of her policy. But you may find that claims will only pay out only if the injury prevents her from traveling. That is not the same as prevents her from skiing or participating in any other activity. May require the Doctor's note approach. Good luck.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@brokenbetty, I would think per all sensible notes above that you’d be fine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Insurance company have been fine with an email trail - suitably highlighted to make it easy for them

I needed one more email back from the owner to say that I had been a previous visitor (with dates) and I also had plane tickets and a transfer I was claiming for so that contributed to showing that I had every intention of going

Went through fine
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy